Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 05-05-2019, 02:49 AM #11
Donaire is #1

Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Biolink has a reputation beyond reputeBiolink has a reputation beyond reputeBiolink has a reputation beyond reputeBiolink has a reputation beyond reputeBiolink has a reputation beyond reputeBiolink has a reputation beyond reputeBiolink has a reputation beyond reputeBiolink has a reputation beyond reputeBiolink has a reputation beyond reputeBiolink has a reputation beyond reputeBiolink has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 25,210.23
great advice in training forum - jas Keep up the great work champ - JK1700 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

I don't think Jacobs is wrong for thinking beating Quillin should have made him bigger. HBO was giving 3G that huge push which was definitely disproportionate to the opponents he had beat at the time is probably how Jacobs was looking at it

They basically propped up the boogeyman thing to the max with 3G. It was somewhat deserved with how Cotto and Canelo ducked 3G, plus he was undefeated. But the hype was still better than what was actually happening IMO.

I do agree that the light bulb seems pretty dim at times, granted when you're in the ring you probably feel you're doing a lot better than what people see from the outside.

Last edited by Biolink; 05-05-2019 at 03:02 AM.
Biolink is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-05-2019, 02:52 AM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4558 Post(s)
Szef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond reputeSzef has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 54,981.21
No Message - Scott Weiland TO A FUNNY POSTER - jas lol - -jose- No Message - RwK No Message - RwK 
It's not a donut.It's a co.ck ring.For future escapades.Love Hugh.P.S You'll thank me later. - HughJass Merry Xmas bro. - HughJass thanks for the compliment, i am not hilarious, lol, i think things i say are hilarious because they are true, when somebody tries to argue against the truth, it makes my logic even more hilarious because people tend to get so mad over a fact, it caus - Tha_Greatest Happy New Year bro - HughJass Will bring ye luck - Rocky... 
cake from your 5,000th post party - Mike D Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas - TBear Niech Żyje Polska - -Weltschmerz- 
Merry Christmas - TBear For making stupid comments - Mr McDowell garbage poster - steve j Have a Żywiec... - BoxingFan85 &quot;Location: Ancient Egypt.&quot; Lmaaaaooooooo - P.K Dionysus 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - 1hourRun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion81 View Post
Sorry, but Jacobs looked like trash out there. He stumbled twice and just looked slow. Was very unimpressive. Canelo would just choose to turn it up and did as he pleased.

Jacobs won maybe won 3 rounds. Had one solid punch all night. ONE.

Like i said, looked like trash because Canelo was too elite for him.
And Canelo didn't land much solid punches either. He outboxed him.

It's not that Danny has low ring/outside of the ring IQ like MCC says.

He just fought a more skilled fighter than him. Same thing with the Golovkin fight.

Danny has the power. He has the heart. But he doesn't have the skills.
Szef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:52 AM #13
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 19155 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 149,254.47
Total Points: 1,178,685.05
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 

Don't know that I'd disagree with anything you're saying really. I didn't understand the lack of focus on any one plan all night long. They kept switching sh^t up. And somehow it was still close. I feel like if Jacobs had fought smarter for all 12 rounds he coulda won the fight. Honestly I felt like Jacobs gave the fight away by not trying enough, but maybe with his sh^tty ring IQ he was doing the best he was doing.

Disappointed in the fight. I expected more from Jacobs & like I said with how it was scored the fight was EXTREMELY winnable for Jacobs.

Whatever doe I enjoy watching Canelo in fights like these where he is tested enough to showcase himself. I wasn't really impressed with Canelo all that much for a long time, but clearly those tough fights & the L to Floyd upped his dedication to improving himself to levels I never expected to see from Canelo. Respect to Canelo & sigh Jacobs, but respect to him to. I dig Jacobs too much to be mad at him & his son is too f#cking likeable for me to be mad at his dad too lol.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:59 AM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 20385 Post(s)
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 285,056.74
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion81 View Post
Sorry, but Jacobs looked like trash out there. He stumbled twice and just looked slow. Was very unimpressive. Canelo would just choose to turn it up and did as he pleased.

Jacobs won maybe won 3 rounds. Had one solid punch all night. ONE.

Like i said, looked like trash because Canelo was too elite for him.
Right. Been seeing a couple of people claim the fight was close. That fight was not close. Canelo was in control from start to finish. Even the rounds Jacobs won you never got the feeling Canelo had lost control of the fight. On the other hand Jacobs would be confused for a round or two and soon as he felt he'd closed the gap then Canelo would make another adjustment and Jacobs would be confused again for a Rd out 2.
Motorcity Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:07 AM #15
The Champ

Quoted: 3922 Post(s)
BoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingIsGreat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 50,522.75
Total Points: 54,561.25
Appreciate it brah! - $BloodyNate$ Have some drank on me! - $BloodyNate$ Since you love Floyds dlck so much here is a replica of it.  It's small but you already know this lmao. - apples Keep up the great work champ! - JK1700 Cheers! - anthonydavid11 
War Tank! - Santa_ Clueless troll, that &quot;knows&quot; everything - Ogecca MaMa Cheers, bruh - Tony Trick-Pony red k champ - Ogecca MaMa simply hater - Ogecca MaMa 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
Don't know that I'd disagree with anything you're saying really. I didn't understand the lack of focus on any one plan all night long. They kept switching sh^t up. And somehow it was still close. I feel like if Jacobs had fought smarter for all 12 rounds he coulda won the fight. Honestly I felt like Jacobs gave the fight away by not trying enough, but maybe with his sh^tty ring IQ he was doing the best he was doing.

Disappointed in the fight. I expected more from Jacobs & like I said with how it was scored the fight was EXTREMELY winnable for Jacobs.

Whatever doe I enjoy watching Canelo in fights like these where he is tested enough to showcase himself. I wasn't really impressed with Canelo all that much for a long time, but clearly those tough fights & the L to Floyd upped his dedication to improving himself to levels I never expected to see from Canelo. Respect to Canelo & sigh Jacobs, but respect to him to. I dig Jacobs too much to be mad at him & his son is too f#cking likeable for me to be mad at his dad too lol.
Great post, Pandas, especially the Jacobs and his son part.

Canelo is special. He can transform. I predicted a KO, but I'm even happier now, to see such display of skills. I said levels to this before the fight.

Fight was exciting to me!
BoxingIsGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:19 AM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 7843 Post(s)
bigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 114,863.17
Great post, man! - anthonydavid11 awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
I win some & lose some. But I'm always honest about who won the fight. Even when it's fighters I'm rooting for. I was rooting hard for Ward in the first Kovalev fight but Ward clearly lost. I was rooting hard for Wilder but if someone feels Fury won I couldn't argue against that.
I bump heads with you but I agree you are stand up guy here and taking L on the chin. We all make predictions and get shyt wrong. But too many up here want to die on a cross then admit they were wrong.
bigdunny1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:29 AM #17
Tom Brady=GOAT

Quoted: 2906 Post(s)
SouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 27,830.11
happy birthday! - -jose- Happy Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - -jose- No Message - -jose- almost 2000 gift...thanks for the green - -jose- 
Heres To Connor Mcgregor Bro, Were Taking Over - Rocky... Genuinely one of the funniest posters on this site. - joseph5620 No Message - -jose- Happy New Year bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... No Message - -jose- 
it's going to be the FOTY - Santa_ SOG! - Cutthroat realest ni*ga on earf - Beercules Happy Holidays - TBear You are the wind beneath my wings. - PF Rudyo 
some alize for a real nicca staccin that breade - STAX ON DECK funny as fk - jas May You Have the Woman of Your Dreams - JimRaynor Go Celts!!! - Turd Best Ever A Clover for you, lad... - Tony Trick-Pony 

I like Danny Jacobs a lot and I love his story but I have to agree.

On another note,the way ole boys ears stick out he be reminding me of Dumbo.
SouthPawHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:32 AM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 7843 Post(s)
bigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 114,863.17
Great post, man! - anthonydavid11 awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
I like Danny Jacobs a lot and I love his story but I have to agree.

On another note,the way ole boys ears stick out he be reminding me of Dumbo.
I watched this at a house party with a bunch of my boys everyone had their girls there. Our girls don't know shyt about boxing and while we screaming and yelling about the fight all they wanted to talk about was god damn look at those ears lol
bigdunny1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:48 AM #19
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quoted: 5624 Post(s)
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 90,067.56
Total Points: 102,582.34
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

He isnít dumb, he just tend to fight scared when he fight guys that he isnít suppose to win against. He had an awful start today and then when he gets through he thinks he has done enough, and he wouldnít follow through with more shots. Switch southpaw got him KD against GGG, so not sure why he was doing it here. He has a massive physical advantage over his opponents but he fights too scared IMHO.
Ray* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:48 AM #20
Tom Brady=GOAT

Quoted: 2906 Post(s)
SouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 27,830.11
happy birthday! - -jose- Happy Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - -jose- No Message - -jose- almost 2000 gift...thanks for the green - -jose- 
Heres To Connor Mcgregor Bro, Were Taking Over - Rocky... Genuinely one of the funniest posters on this site. - joseph5620 No Message - -jose- Happy New Year bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... No Message - -jose- 
it's going to be the FOTY - Santa_ SOG! - Cutthroat realest ni*ga on earf - Beercules Happy Holidays - TBear You are the wind beneath my wings. - PF Rudyo 
some alize for a real nicca staccin that breade - STAX ON DECK funny as fk - jas May You Have the Woman of Your Dreams - JimRaynor Go Celts!!! - Turd Best Ever A Clover for you, lad... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdunny1 View Post
I watched this at a house party with a bunch of my boys everyone had their girls there. Our girls don't know shyt about boxing and while we screaming and yelling about the fight all they wanted to talk about was god damn look at those ears lol
Danny could probably hear them
SouthPawHitman is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
bright, jacobs, nice

User Tag List