Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
Trump 111 48.68%
Hillary 49 21.49%
Other/not voting 68 29.82%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2019, 09:14 PM #32231
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 722 Post(s)
GrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 16,209.39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRaynor View Post
80% of taxes are paid by the top 20%, 50% of taxes are paid by the top 1%.

What exactly is a fair share to you?
This wasn't addressed at me but ideally I'd like to see the top 10% pay 80% of the taxes as they easily have the means to. Unfortunately the % system is skewed in that say the bottom 25% of people are schlebs and basically don't contribute anything.

I make a lot and pay a lot of tax so I'm doing my bit. I'd like to see the rich gradually be made to pay more over say the next 20 years and the super, super rich (top 1%) be forced to pay more over time (say slow shift from 50 to 60%) as they have more money than they know what to deal with and paying that bit more wouldn't negatively impact their quality of living at all.

So that's my 2c on the revenue side of things..... however a bigger issue to me personally is on the tax expenditure side. It doesn't matter how much tax revenue the US government takes in so long as they continue to waste it.

The US government currently takes in massive amounts of tax revenue...but continues to run massive deficits and borrow more money. If I could control things I'd go through all the Government spending with a fine toothed comb and cut all the crap so that the tax revenue received was actually being utilised efficiently and effectively.

Unfortunately neither party is capable or willing to fix up the expenditure side of things so massive amounts of tax revenue (paid for by citizens, rich and poor) continues to be wasted each year.

It's a travesty really how much wastage there is.

In terms of my 'plan' to increase taxes on the rich and super-rich. 0% of this would be allocated to traditional government spending programs and 100% of it would be assigned to paying off the government debt so that the debt would finally start moving in the right direction.

I'd advise everyone on this thread to take a look at the following link. I know politics is very factionalised (ie D vs R battle seems to happen daily on here) but this goes far beyond that.

"Overall, net interest costs will total nearly $7 trillion over the next decade"

Both sides of politics have a lot to answer for.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Last edited by GrandmasterWang; 05-01-2019 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Felt like it
GrandmasterWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:22 PM #32232
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4539 Post(s)
man down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 84,682.44
Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony cheers bruh - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
This wasn't addressed at me but ideally I'd like to see the top 10% pay 80% of the taxes as they easily have the means to. Unfortunately the % system is skewed in that say the bottom 25% of people are schlebs and basically don't contribute anything.

I make a lot and pay a lot of tax so I'm doing my bit. I'd like to see the rich gradually be made to pay more over say the next 20 years and the super, super rich (top 1%) be forced to pay more over time (say slow shift from 50 to 60%) as they have more money than they no what to deal with and paying that bit more wouldn't negatively impact their quality of living at all.

So that's my 2c on the revenue side of things..... however a bigger issue to me personally is on the tax expenditure side. It doesn't matter how much tax revenue the US government takes in so long as they continue to waste it.

The US government currently takes in massive amounts of tax revenue...but continues to run massive deficits and borrow more money. If I could control things I'd go through all the Government spending with a fine toothed comb and cut all the crap so that the tax revenue received was actually being utilised efficiently and effectively.

Unfortunately neither party is capable or willing to fix up the expenditure side of things so massive amounts of tax revenue (paid for by citizens, rich and poor) continues to be wasted each year.

It's a travesty really how much wastage there is.
Why would anyone want to strive to be rich if you're going to take it away? I wont paint a car these days unless Im paid a LOT of money. Why? Because Im good at what I do. Now take 80% from me and Im not getting out of bed in the morning.

Yes I know you're talking about those that make a lot of money. That said I wouldnt think they would think that differently.

Not everyone starts off making a lot of money. They strive to get there and once they get a taste they press forward. 80%? How many will strive to move forward just to give it away?
man down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:55 PM #32233
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 722 Post(s)
GrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond reputeGrandmasterWang has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 16,209.39

Quote:
Originally Posted by man down View Post
Why would anyone want to strive to be rich if you're going to take it away? I wont paint a car these days unless Im paid a LOT of money. Why? Because Im good at what I do. Now take 80% from me and Im not getting out of bed in the morning.

Yes I know you're talking about those that make a lot of money. That said I wouldnt think they would think that differently.

Not everyone starts off making a lot of money. They strive to get there and once they get a taste they press forward. 80%? How many will strive to move forward just to give it away?
Re-read my post. I'm not talking about an 80% tax rate, that would be ludicrous!

In practical terms I'd look to increase the maximum tax rate by between 1 and 2%. Let's say on incomes over 1 million.

The overall tax revenue increase from such a shift would be large the % shift at the big end of town wouldn't be any where near as drastic as you're thinking.

I'd also look to tighten loopholes on various tax structures.

I doubt my proposed changes would impact on you.

Just elaborating on what I'd do if I was in charge.

40% would be the eventual top tax rate and that would only be on earnings over a million annually.
GrandmasterWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:59 PM #32234
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4539 Post(s)
man down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond reputeman down has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 84,682.44
Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony cheers bruh - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
Re-read my post. I'm not talking about an 80% tax rate, that would be ludicrous!

In practical terms I'd look to increase the maximum tax rate by between 1 and 2%. Let's say on incomes over 1 million.

The overall tax revenue increase from such a shift would be large the % shift at the big end of town wouldn't be any where near as drastic as you're thinking.

I'd also look to tighten loopholes on various tax structures.

I doubt my proposed changes would impact on you.

Just elaborating on what I'd do if I was in charge.

40% would be the eventual top tax rate and that would only be on earnings over a million annually.
My bad play on
man down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:44 PM #32235
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5023 Post(s)
Vlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond reputeVlad_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 102,035.13
Total Points: 107,271.00
Mayweather Children Charity Foundation Medal - Mike D Good posts. Keep them coming. - 1bad65 Cheers, good sir! - Tony Trick-Pony Nice posting, bruh... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanx For The Interesting Conversation! - S7V7N 

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Vlad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:44 AM #32236
Progress

Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Lords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,248.32
No Message - thoughtsss have some popcorn m8 - sugarsmosley No Message - Lords 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRaynor View Post
First, you didn't answer the questions and second, they must be doing a piss poor job of exploiting the system if they account for 80% of the tax revenue that the country collects.
Try reading thoroughly.

As stated above, when you own a majority of the wealth in the country, by default you will pay the majority of tax revenue in the country.

You asked me what "fair share" is to me and I said it's when you don't tax dodge. You have the rich paying less percentages then people in the middle class. There's actually a term for this, "regressive tax".

Since Trumps tax cuts came into effect, the number of corporations paying zero in taxes doubled. They're tax dodging and should be paying there "fair share", especially with billions in profits.

But it's guys like Trump who could careless about "fair share", he himself said during a debate with Hillary that exploiting the tax system so that he pays zero in taxes "makes me smart".

If you're talking about percentages, let's just say I would love to go back to the golden age of economic expansion (mid 40's-early 70's). During this time we had high rates of economic growth along with low rates of unemployment and inflation, all while tax rates were anywhere between 70-90%, go figure.

BTW, this would only effect 0.01% of the population, if you wana defend these guys, go right ahead.
Lords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:49 AM #32237
Progress

Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Lords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,248.32
No Message - thoughtsss have some popcorn m8 - sugarsmosley No Message - Lords 

Quote:
Originally Posted by man down View Post
Nobody would "take 80% from you". Hypothetically speaking, it would be a top marginal rate at 80%. So maybe 80% for every dollar over $25 million, not your whole entire income taxed at 80%. smh
Lords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 06:47 AM #32238
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2273 Post(s)
Tomjas has a reputation beyond reputeTomjas has a reputation beyond reputeTomjas has a reputation beyond reputeTomjas has a reputation beyond reputeTomjas has a reputation beyond reputeTomjas has a reputation beyond reputeTomjas has a reputation beyond reputeTomjas has a reputation beyond reputeTomjas has a reputation beyond reputeTomjas has a reputation beyond reputeTomjas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 34,063.70

Vlad is on the verge of usurping 1bad as being the biggest moron in the lounge

Congratulations bro
Tomjas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:50 AM #32239
The ugly American

Quoted: 9102 Post(s)
1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 106,088.57
You been here since 2005 an OG, yet nobody has given you a gift, here you go. - hectari Once agan, dropping knowledge - hectari Cheers! - JimRaynor :beerchug: - -jose- Good ol Algore.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 
Drink is on me, keep doing your thing - JimRaynor Keep hammering - ΣNΣMY No Message - JimRaynor Very wise and informed - GhostofDempsey Cheers - anthonydavid11 
The Amerikanskiys are on to us, comrade lol - A-Wolf Only insults. There's nothing positive about liberalism. Haha. - Tony Trick-Pony Keep up the good fight against Libtards! - Vlad_ Keep up the great posts, sir!! - Tony Trick-Pony Biggest scam ever - Tony Trick-Pony 
Bernie's garbage... - Tony Trick-Pony Free Speech Not Popular with Dems. Great post - Tony Trick-Pony Excellent posting... - Tony Trick-Pony To help with all the liberal tears. - JTfloyd 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lords View Post
Try reading thoroughly.

As stated above, when you own a majority of the wealth in the country, by default you will pay the majority of tax revenue in the country.

You asked me what "fair share" is to me and I said it's when you don't tax dodge. You have the rich paying less percentages then people in the middle class. There's actually a term for this, "regressive tax".

Since Trumps tax cuts came into effect, the number of corporations paying zero in taxes doubled. They're tax dodging and should be paying there "fair share", especially with billions in profits.

But it's guys like Trump who could careless about "fair share", he himself said during a debate with Hillary that exploiting the tax system so that he pays zero in taxes "makes me smart".

If you're talking about percentages, let's just say I would love to go back to the golden age of economic expansion (mid 40's-early 70's). During this time we had high rates of economic growth along with low rates of unemployment and inflation, all while tax rates were anywhere between 70-90%, go figure.

BTW, this would only effect 0.01% of the population, if you wana defend these guys, go right ahead.
Still ducking and dodging that simple question.

A true superfan in action!

Here's a hint; I think he's asking for a number, not a talking point laden diatribe.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:53 AM #32240
The ugly American

Quoted: 9102 Post(s)
1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute1bad65 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 106,088.57
You been here since 2005 an OG, yet nobody has given you a gift, here you go. - hectari Once agan, dropping knowledge - hectari Cheers! - JimRaynor :beerchug: - -jose- Good ol Algore.  Haha.  Good post. - anthonydavid11 
Drink is on me, keep doing your thing - JimRaynor Keep hammering - ΣNΣMY No Message - JimRaynor Very wise and informed - GhostofDempsey Cheers - anthonydavid11 
The Amerikanskiys are on to us, comrade lol - A-Wolf Only insults. There's nothing positive about liberalism. Haha. - Tony Trick-Pony Keep up the good fight against Libtards! - Vlad_ Keep up the great posts, sir!! - Tony Trick-Pony Biggest scam ever - Tony Trick-Pony 
Bernie's garbage... - Tony Trick-Pony Free Speech Not Popular with Dems. Great post - Tony Trick-Pony Excellent posting... - Tony Trick-Pony To help with all the liberal tears. - JTfloyd 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lords View Post
Nobody would "take 80% from you". Hypothetically speaking, it would be a top marginal rate at 80%. So maybe 80% for every dollar over $25 million, not your whole entire income taxed at 80%. smh
How much money do you earn?
How much in Income Taxes do you pay?
Assuming you are a taxpayer; do you pay more or less in Income Taxes after the Trump tax cuts?

These are simple, simple questions here. Unless you're a leech who doesn't pay taxes.....
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
#wiretapping, $0.0000, $10, $100, $916, "all, "bring, "mike", "wind, "wipe", "you, 'dreamer', (live), (not, (obstruction, (update, ***the, **the, 000, 100%, 2-1., 2016, 2020, 90s?, ????, academics, adds, admits, advance, affair, african, agreement., amendment!, american, americans, angry, announces, anti, appearing, apprentice, article, asked, attack, attacked, bailout?, balls, beck, benghazi, bernie, better., bill, billionaire?, black, blacks, bleachbit, blm, blue lives matter, bmw ..., border, breaking, breaking:, brexit, buffon, call, called, campaign, cancels, cancer!", cash-documentary, celebration, changed, cheaters, claim, claims, clinton, clinton!, cliton, cliton!!!!!!, cloth!, cnn assassin, collapse, college, collusion, comey:, coming, commits, complicit, contradicts, corrupt cvnt bag, counsel, cousin, crimes, cringeworthy:, crowd, cucks!, daddy, daily, daily), damn, dead, deal, deal., debate..., debates, delays, democracy dying, democrat, democrats, dems?, denuclearization, department, deportation, destroys, dictate, discussed, disrespecting, dogs, donald, donald trump mean doe, donor!!, dossier, drop, dumptrump, e-mails, early, easily, educated, el cajon, election, election?, elections??lol, electoral, emails, endorsing, etc.., facts, failed hillary attack, fair, falling, false equivalency, fame, farage, farmers, fascist neo liberals, financial, find, fire, floor, flynn, fools, for...., for?, found., foundation, fraud, freedom under attack, full, gender, genius?...., genuine?, geotus, giuliani, giving, glenn, got's, hall, hammer, hard, health, heel", here..., higher, hilary, hilarys, hildabeast enforcer, hilery, hillary, hillary vs trump, hillary's, him..his, himself??, homeless, house, huffingtonpost, hype, i've, immigration, impeached, indict, info, insults!!!, investigated!, investigation, isn't, it's, jail????, jailed, japan...japanese, jill, jobs, john, jong-un, jordan, june, justice, justice), kaine???, kickass, killed, korea, leaking, lebron., liars, liberal, liberty getting raped, libtard beta cucks, live, losses, lost, love, made, madoff, maga, malcolm, margins, matter, mccain?, media foolishness, meeting, meeting., mexico, michael, mid-terms, migration, million, millions, mind..., minister), minority, motorcity cobra politics, mueller, muellers, neo liberal simps, news, nigel, night's, north, north korea, not?, obama, obama!, obamacare, official, official:, opening., opposed, outcome, outnumber, pandering, panders, party, paul, pence, people, person, personally, plan, point, poll, pookie, positive, posters, predators, presidency, president, presidential, prime, probe, program, promised?, proof, prophecies, proverty!", provide, public., punk, queen, questions, racism?, racist, raises, rallies, re-elected, re-election, reaction, read, ready, real, realize, reason, refusing, release, released, releases, remark, repeal, replace, republican, republicans, restaged, return, reveals, robert, rocketman, runs, russia, russiagate/obstruction, russian, ryan, sanders, scammed, scraps, scumbag sloot, scumbags, secret, serious, servers, sh#t, shenanigans, shooting, show, signing, silenced, sjw, socialism, solar, solar!, sooooo, special, spent, spoke, staff, star, starting, state, statement, stein, stupid, super, support, supporters, supporting, surveillance, swapped, tapping, tariffs, team, teams, tells, teresa, terminated, the merge, thought, thread, thread**, thread***, times, today!!!!!!!!!!!!!, told, toss-up!, town, triggered, trumo, trump, trump douchebags, trump!, trump's, trump., trump..., trump:, trump?, trumps, trumps', u.s./mexican, ugly, underperforming, video, videos, violent, vote, voter, votes, voting, walk, walking, wall, was..., watch, weak liberal men, week., welfare, white, white)that, wikileaks, win", wind, wins, wiped, wire, wiretapping, woman, won't, world, ya'll, year, you're, young

User Tag List