Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 04-08-2019, 12:55 AM #31
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 7894 Post(s)
bigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,239.20
Total Points: 118,791.02
Great post, man! - anthonydavid11 awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- 

Garcia pulled a Chavez Jr. Chavez did the same thing against Canelo. Decided early on I know I'm losing but I won't take any risks and just fight to survive and reach the final bell. Gutless deserves same criticsim Chavez got for refusing to fight.
bigdunny1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-08-2019, 01:34 AM #32
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quoted: 5661 Post(s)
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 90,517.90
Total Points: 104,819.83
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

I think most people had him losing going into the fight. So am not fuss with the whole fight or outcome.
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:05 AM #33
Banned

Quoted: 2892 Post(s)
Bjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,245.21
Total Points: 54,305.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagikLair View Post
I wasn't expecting Garcia to win. But I expected him to throw some punches and take chances.. He could have made some adjustments and win a round. And if Garcia wasn't going to fight. His corner should have thrown in the towel instead of a bigger beating.
What a child you are.

Mikey came to fight and trained for real. He was just too small, too short, and too slow.

People who say Spencer "outboxed" Mikey don't know what boxing is. Errald worked behind a jab the entire night - exercising his PHYSICAL ADVANTAGES of Reach/Length and Height - and retreated quickly when Mikey came forward - maintaining Reach/Length.

Errald was also faster - and this is 100% Mikey's fault...Mikey was training for power and as Manny pointed out...the key for a smaller fighter is SPEED and NOT power.

Why did Mikey need to throw the towel in? He was dazed no more than 3 or 4 times in the entire fight. If he wanted to look for a homerun - fair play. He can do that. It was clearly very unlkely, but he's allowed to.

If you're disappointed with the fight than look no further than the man who was about 25 pounds heavier on fight night, 5 inches taller, 8 inch reach advantage, and a frame about 2-3 weight classes larger. That fighter, Erralda, demonstrated how limited she is. She wasn't able to seriously injure a Lightweight over 12 rounds and wasn't able to land anything other than a Jab consistently. I'd be concerned if I were a Erralda fan because Terrence Crawford is not 1-dimensional like that. Not at all.
Bjl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:10 AM #34
Banned

Bjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these partsBjl12 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdunny1 View Post
Garcia pulled a Chavez Jr. Chavez did the same thing against Canelo. Decided early on I know I'm losing but I won't take any risks and just fight to survive and reach the final bell. Gutless deserves same criticsim Chavez got for refusing to fight.
People like this are what's wrong with boxing and probably the world.

Canelo versus JCC Jr. is not remotely comparable to Mikey v Spence.

JCC Jr. had fights at LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT (175) and was fighting a Canelo who had never fought higher than Jr MW/MW (155). The fight was contested at (164) which is technically SMW.

Canelo was the SMALLER fighter and JCC Jr. the LARGER fighter.

Mikey started his career at 126 and last fought at 135 before taking the fight against Spencer at 147. Spencer has already said his career will finish at 160-168. These are two vastly different body frames.

Spencer was 25 pounds HEAVIER on fight night, 5 inches taller, 8 inch reach advantage, and picked Mikey's gloves. What a joke I know

In blaming JCC Jr. for pitifully losing to Canelo you are blaming the LARGER fighter.

In blaming Mikey for losing to Erralda you are blaming the SMALLER fighter.

Do you understand why you're ******ed bigdunny1 ? I've suggested this to you before and I still stand by it, but perhaps you should look into wearing a helmet when you're outside. You're too dumb for your own safety.

Be well, friend
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:10 AM #35
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Joe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Beamish has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 19,451.04
Great Andy Kaufman Avi, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Yeah. Garcia was totally 100% uncompetitive, but he DIDN'T get outboxed. He was awesome in there! He threw 8* punches every single round!

(*If you include fist pumps between rounds)
Joe Beamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:17 AM #36
Dinamita

Quoted: 1928 Post(s)
_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.69
Total Points: 37,181.22
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
That long post in White Knight thread had me in tears lol. - Box-Office Wouldn't let me green you just yet - mathed No Message - PorterIsFuture Appreciate the advice. Keep ballin, big pimp boss player. Dueces. - Anxious Times Cunt - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

Mikey Garcia showed up and laid an egg. Went into survival mode and knew he was savvy and experienced enough to survive. A bit disappointed that Spence couldn't find a way to get him out of there but not much you can do with a good fighter solely looking to survive. Garcia is either a great sleazy salesman or he delusionally believed he'd be able to win. Either way, he screwed the fans out of their money.
_original_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:22 AM #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Beamish View Post
I agree with this. I look at Garcia and pond scum now. Just a piece of crap. And a stupid one at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooshashi View Post
His corner could legitimately stopped the fight in the 10th round and no one would have complained. He got beaten badly. Period.
Garcia lost the fight, possibly 12-0 or 11-1 (depending on how you score the 2nd round). Garcia did NOT get beaten badly lmfao

If you look at Garcia like "pond scum" than I can only imagine you look at yourself as "less than pond scum".

Quote:
Originally Posted by just the facts View Post
Spence wins every round but Garcia is a warrior and Spence is a fraud? GTFOH with that dumb shyte.
Again if Spencer was able to actually HURT THE LIGHTWEIGHT...and stop him. Some props are due, but he never had THE LIGHTWEIGHT in serious trouble. That's concerning.

5 inch height advantage
8 inch reach advantage
20-25 pound weight advantage
Mikey started career at 126, Spencer at 147...Spencer 4 F O U R WEIGHT CLASS FRAME ADVANTAGE
0 knockdowns
0 punches that seriously stunned Mikey
Lightweight NEVER in trouble
Hmmm...so what was impressive about Erralda's performance?

At least Ca$hnelo and Gennadyovich flexed some damn muscle and provided..ENTERTAINMENT....

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant_king View Post
I like Mikey he has heart.but him talking all that mess kinda made him look worse at the end.he should've just stayed humble and been more professional during interviews,then it wouldn't looked so bad.
...or Mikey helped build a PPV? What the fuck? Ya'll seriously forgot trashtalk is part of ENTERTAINMENT?

Damn, ya'll are too sensitive for boxing. Please GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison boxing View Post
He embarrassed himself and managed to turn a supposed no lose situation into something that's ruined his career. I think people were expecting him to have some early success before the size difference told, rather than lose every round and go for a 'moral victory' of going the distance. That performance was enough for him to drop off my p4p list completely, not that anyone cares but just saying lol
Why would Mikey be embarassed? He moved up 2 full weight classes, placed no rehydration limit, no catchweight, and cleanly lost while giving it his best go.

What's there to be embarassed about? Dude's a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubei View Post
That happens when media tries really hard to promote a fight and sells a mismatch like its a legendary fight of the caliber of Roberto Duran and Sugar Ray Leaonard. For many boxing fans who arent easily manipulated that fight was going to be a mismatch when it was announced and it was still a mismatch the night of the fight.

The whole fight was orchestrated by Haymon as a plan to turn Spence into a PPV fighter with the help of Garcias mexican-american fanbase. Mikey didnt do much at all except to survive, Spence dominated but couldnt get Mikey out of there, which is a bit pathetic too. A very predictable one sided boring fight.
Jubei and I never agree on anything, but he's 100% right. This is the EXACT same situation when Manny and Floyd fought at 38 and 36 years of age. People expected the Floyd and Manny of 2009 to magically appear and fight to the death...and it was nothing like that.

For the folks that were disappointed by the fight...sorry you lack insight and common sense.

Guys like Jubei, G G G, and DJS understand what happened. The bigger fighter beat up the smaller fighter...and boxed at a "safe distance". Had Erralda opened up it would've given Mikey a chance, but Spencer fought a safe/smart fight. As the 2-4 weight class advantage fighter. Wow - that's courageous and impressive ! LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO. No. It isn't.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:24 AM #38
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3091 Post(s)
BLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,772.02
Total Points: 66,763.42
Thanks, bruh! Here's you a brew! - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony The real king of the Dome - Bobby Deez 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - lfc19titles Gay and Lesbian Pride - BLASTER1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant_king View Post
I like Mikey he has heart.but him talking all that mess kinda made him look worse at the end.he should've just stayed humble and been more professional during interviews,then it wouldn't looked so bad.
How can you say he has heart when he gives a performance like what he did??
He talked himself up continually saying he was better than Spence in every aspect of fighting yet when it came down to it all he did was try survive like he was facing a heavyweight.
I would be ashamed if I was a fellow countryman and fan of his.
He probably partied afterwards with all the money he made of his gullible fans.
BLASTER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:28 AM #39
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3091 Post(s)
BLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond reputeBLASTER1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,772.02
Total Points: 66,763.42
Thanks, bruh! Here's you a brew! - Tony Trick-Pony Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony The real king of the Dome - Bobby Deez 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - lfc19titles Gay and Lesbian Pride - BLASTER1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjl12 View Post
What a child you are.

Mikey came to fight and trained for real. He was just too small, too short, and too slow.

People who say Spencer "outboxed" Mikey don't know what boxing is. Errald worked behind a jab the entire night - exercising his PHYSICAL ADVANTAGES of Reach/Length and Height - and retreated quickly when Mikey came forward - maintaining Reach/Length.

Errald was also faster - and this is 100% Mikey's fault...Mikey was training for power and as Manny pointed out...the key for a smaller fighter is SPEED and NOT power.

Why did Mikey need to throw the towel in? He was dazed no more than 3 or 4 times in the entire fight. If he wanted to look for a homerun - fair play. He can do that. It was clearly very unlkely, but he's allowed to.

If you're disappointed with the fight than look no further than the man who was about 25 pounds heavier on fight night, 5 inches taller, 8 inch reach advantage, and a frame about 2-3 weight classes larger. That fighter, Erralda, demonstrated how limited she is. She wasn't able to seriously injure a Lightweight over 12 rounds and wasn't able to land anything other than a Jab consistently. I'd be concerned if I were a Erralda fan because Terrence Crawford is not 1-dimensional like that. Not at all.
What a whacked out way to look at this fight.
You a fanboy or what.
Surely you can't believe what you wrote.
Garcia was a chitty ass/ end of discussion.
BLASTER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:44 AM #40
All time great

Quoted: 8577 Post(s)
daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.69
Total Points: 77,006.62
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Caffeine - For working those CompuClinch graveyard shifts. - - Ram Raid - Superman - jas 8 years of the same old boring trolling scheme, you have no life but at least ur good at it - Omowale Tribe so true - Santa_ Great post.  Double standards for Froyd.  Ha - anthonydavid11 
funniest poster on Boxing Scene - Snoop Frog No Message - Snoop Frog Ward 115-112 - siablo14 Wise words, man - anthonydavid11 Sarcasm called. They asked me how you do it. I hung up. - Tony Trick-Pony 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jas Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - jas 
Autism - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jas Childhood Cancer - jas 
Childhood Cancer - jas Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - !a! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !a! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !a! 

[QUOTE=Bjl12;19643764]

Why would Mikey be embarassed? He moved up 2 full weight classes, placed no rehydration limit, no catchweight, and cleanly lost while giving it his best go.

What's there to be embarassed about? Dude's a stud

if thats his best go how is he a stud? he looked like a bum and meekly took the loss.
daggum is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
disappointed, spence-garcia.

User Tag List