Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 03-28-2019, 11:55 PM #51
Interim Champion

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Blond Beast is just really niceBlond Beast is just really niceBlond Beast is just really niceBlond Beast is just really niceBlond Beast is just really nice
Bank: 1,149.87
Total Points: 13,841.09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion33lit View Post
I meant comparing the glove size, padding & weight. If boxing used 4oz mma gloves with its limited padding around the knuckles?!? Much MORE boxers would be dead or suffer neurological brain damage. Paulie is accustomed to wearing pillows over his feathers - not Mcgregor.
I wish they did a more thorough comparison test between bare, mma, and boxing gloves with Bas Rutten on Sports science. Bare was 776lbs of force, mma 651lbs, and boxing 641lbs. But it was just one hard right punch. They didnít measure the differences in punch speed the gloves caused. Also they didnít say anything about the gauze and tape the boxers use. Iíd have loved to see how hard a wrapped hand hits. Or the differences in all the other punches. Especially the jab. Do mma HWs usually use the 4oz? Can go up to 6oz. So someone with huge hands can get an xxl mma glove that still weighs 4oz? So does that mean thereís less padding in it? because the extra size would weigh more before the padding. Or does weight actually refer to amount of the padding itself? Still if it has to be equal, then itís still spread thinner over a wider palm. If u had unbreakable hands, any force advantage would definitely add up in a boxing fight.
Blond Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-29-2019, 12:21 AM #52
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 560 Post(s)
danceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,093.77
Total Points: 11,342.74

connor is no boxer but hes way way better fighter than paulie ever was and ever be....paulie is literally a girl when it comes to fighting (punches like a girl)
danceswithfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:59 PM #53
Interim Champion

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Kcvtr81 has a reputation beyond reputeKcvtr81 has a reputation beyond reputeKcvtr81 has a reputation beyond reputeKcvtr81 has a reputation beyond reputeKcvtr81 has a reputation beyond reputeKcvtr81 has a reputation beyond reputeKcvtr81 has a reputation beyond reputeKcvtr81 has a reputation beyond reputeKcvtr81 has a reputation beyond reputeKcvtr81 has a reputation beyond reputeKcvtr81 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,202.66
Total Points: 11,939.32

McGregor has retired from mma to fight Paulie and smash him
Kcvtr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:41 PM #54
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 473 Post(s)
lion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 18,994.73
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blond Beast View Post
I wish they did a more thorough comparison test between bare, mma, and boxing gloves with Bas Rutten on Sports science. Bare was 776lbs of force, mma 651lbs, and boxing 641lbs. But it was just one hard right punch. They didnít measure the differences in punch speed the gloves caused. Also they didnít say anything about the gauze and tape the boxers use. Iíd have loved to see how hard a wrapped hand hits. Or the differences in all the other punches. Especially the jab. Do mma HWs usually use the 4oz? Can go up to 6oz. So someone with huge hands can get an xxl mma glove that still weighs 4oz? So does that mean thereís less padding in it? because the extra size would weigh more before the padding. Or does weight actually refer to amount of the padding itself? Still if it has to be equal, then itís still spread thinner over a wider palm. If u had unbreakable hands, any force advantage would definitely add up in a boxing fight.
Man, that is such an intelligently packed post! I can only conclude less padding means more of a bone on bone smashing, which means the brain gets knocked around easier in its protective fluid. In other words, its more barbaric and more traumatic without the 8 to 20oz gloves that help cushion impact in boxing.

Mma/ufc fighters have more KOs on their records, shorter careers and they look more (to me anyway) punch drunk after their careers are over, like Chuck Liddell & Quinton Jackson. I know kicks are also involved, which is CRAZY worse, but its still part of that bone on bone thing that I can't understand why Paulie (at this stage of his life) would want to be a part of.

I don't know the particulars of the mma gloves combined with the power of the one throwin' the punch, but if your post was delivered to those in that authority(?), they'd have some splainin' to do! Paulie wants no gloves - with no kicks btw. Imo, Paulie loses to Connor simply because Connor strikes and is allowed to grapple a bit (in this knuckle fighting), while Paulie "boxed" his entire career in type writer tapping fashion.

Last edited by lion33lit; 03-29-2019 at 07:45 PM.
lion33lit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 01:58 AM #55
El Weeblerito I

Quoted: 1162 Post(s)
Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 41,241.32
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. great sig - BOXEO _ Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceswithfire View Post
connor is no boxer but hes way way better fighter than paulie ever was and ever be....paulie is literally a girl when it comes to fighting (punches like a girl)
With gloves on. McGregor's punches didn't look so hard with gloves on either. Different story with gloves off, i.e. this plan.
Weebler I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 01:59 AM #56
Successful As HELL !

Quoted: 2353 Post(s)
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 101,210.45
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn 

As if Paula going bareknuckle would be more threatening to his opponent
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Curtis Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:14 PM #57
Interim Champion

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Blond Beast is just really niceBlond Beast is just really niceBlond Beast is just really niceBlond Beast is just really niceBlond Beast is just really nice
Total Points: 13,841.09

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion33lit View Post
Man, that is such an intelligently packed post! I can only conclude less padding means more of a bone on bone smashing, which means the brain gets knocked around easier in its protective fluid. In other words, its more barbaric and more traumatic without the 8 to 20oz gloves that help cushion impact in boxing.

Mma/ufc fighters have more KOs on their records, shorter careers and they look more (to me anyway) punch drunk after their careers are over, like Chuck Liddell & Quinton Jackson. I know kicks are also involved, which is CRAZY worse, but its still part of that bone on bone thing that I can't understand why Paulie (at this stage of his life) would want to be a part of.

I don't know the particulars of the mma gloves combined with the power of the one throwin' the punch, but if your post was delivered to those in that authority(?), they'd have some splainin' to do! Paulie wants no gloves - with no kicks btw. Imo, Paulie loses to Connor simply because Connor strikes and is allowed to grapple a bit (in this knuckle fighting), while Paulie "boxed" his entire career in type writer tapping fashion.
Thanks man. I know Bobby Gunn said u shouldnít punch as hard in bare because of potential to break ur hands. Course everyoneís power and bone strength is different. I broke a bone and a knuckle in fist fights. I didnít think to take anything off my punches when I bounced. Someone who could hit harder than most and not worry about breaking their hand would be formidable indeed. Who knows how true but I read Tom Cribb had horns for knuckles and could punch the bark off trees. Black Ajax is a good read.
Blond Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 04:37 AM #58
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 473 Post(s)
lion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond reputelion33lit has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 18,994.73
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blond Beast View Post
Thanks man. I know Bobby Gunn said u shouldnít punch as hard in bare because of potential to break ur hands. Course everyoneís power and bone strength is different. I broke a bone and a knuckle in fist fights. I didnít think to take anything off my punches when I bounced. Someone who could hit harder than most and not worry about breaking their hand would be formidable indeed. Who knows how true but I read Tom Cribb had horns for knuckles and could punch the bark off trees. Black Ajax is a good read.
I have a friend who fractured his hand doing the same thing (he punched a guy on the side of his head). He had to wear a cast for a while. I read a long time ago there are those who punch the bark of trees and whatever objects they deem appropriate to actually "break" their knuckles over & over until they turn into weapons. This is supposed to create a calloused insensitive Ben Grimm "horns of knuckle" that eventually dont hurt because they've turned into a desensitized form of reconstructed bone.... But what happens when you get older or reach old age? I think arthritis will have a field day setting in - so even though the concept should work for a while, why suffer in your golden years when old age comes with its own set of problems? Imo, padded "gloves" should be used all day everyday until retirement
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
lion33lit is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List