Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 03-17-2019, 03:47 AM #71
Dinamita

Quoted: 1928 Post(s)
_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.69
Total Points: 37,112.22
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
That long post in White Knight thread had me in tears lol. - Box-Office Wouldn't let me green you just yet - mathed No Message - PorterIsFuture Appreciate the advice. Keep ballin, big pimp boss player. Dueces. - Anxious Times Cunt - Fists_of_Fury 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubei View Post
LOL What?

Size was a huge factor, size, weight and reach, obviously also skills but if Mikey was facing a lightweight tonight who was his size, this fight would have been competitive.
Exactly, I can't believe people believe Spence won on all skill and size wasn't the contributing factor. How about we create a fantasy match up where Garcia is the welter weight and Spence is moving up from lightweight. Or Errol Spence goes up to face Canelo or GGG. Of course Spence would look like the inferior boxer as well.
_original_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-17-2019, 03:52 AM #72
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2454 Post(s)
DuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond reputeDuckAdonis has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,239.20
Total Points: 50,381.47
I'm proud to be the first to pop your ignorance cherry - Boxing Goat Great posting, bro... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Yeah I think he is the better fighter...but size did matter. All the physical advantages Spence had allowed him to dominate in the fashion that he did.
DuckAdonis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:22 AM #73
Up and Comer

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
JOITATS will become famous soon enough
Bank: 1,115.97
Total Points: 7,573.07

uneducated thread

size was the defining factor

the story of the night was garcia couldn't get inside the reach
JOITATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 03:49 PM #74
undisputed

Quoted: 2089 Post(s)
joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 28,054.60
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely cheers mate - The Noose 
loves muhammad's c0ck - Weltschmerz 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
Nah. Spence is skilled, no doubt, but he respected Mikey quite a bit. There’s good reason for that. If they were the same size, I’d probably have to go with Garcia. I predicted Errol would win, and I scored it a whitewash for him, but that size difference mattered.
So when Spence was slipping punches, landing the jab and countering it was because of his size?

If size was the big factor, why couldn't John Ruiz do that to Roy Jones Jr? That was a much bigger size difference. Easter was a lot taller than Spence with a longer reach. He didn't have that kind of success either. Skill was the biggest factor in this fight. Mikey showed showed absolutely nothing to indicate he was better at any weight
joseph5620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 03:52 PM #75
undisputed

Quoted: 2089 Post(s)
joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 28,054.60
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely cheers mate - The Noose 
loves muhammad's c0ck - Weltschmerz 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOITATS View Post
uneducated thread

When he did get inside he was beaten up there too. So that excuse won't cut it. Your response is uneducated.
joseph5620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 03:56 PM #76
Winning

Quoted: 997 Post(s)
EdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 44,082.07

Size was absolutely the factor, Mikey couldn't get passed the long reach, spence kept mikey at bay with his jab all night.

This isn't to say that if in an alternate universe if they were the same size and fought mikey would have won, I believe spence is indeed the superior boxer regardless, but you are blind or foolish if you think size wasn't a factor. It was a MAJOR factor last night.
EdWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:03 PM #77
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2002 Post(s)
satiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 41,431.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOITATS View Post
uneducated thread

Have you seen mayweather vs canelo? Manny vs cotto? I can name many fights where the smaller outskilled the bigger man. Garcia is just a limited fighter. Spence is a much better boxer.
satiev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:04 PM #78
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 496 Post(s)
strykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,687.81
Death Row Records!! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELPacman View Post
Mikey didn't know what to do to stop the jab. The jab killed him. It let Spence set up everything. I'm honestly shocked that he couldn't find a way to make an adjustment against the jab. He did look really basic in there. Too basic despite having the disadvantages. Expected a little more out of him.

Oh well, it was still a decent fight. We also had like 4 KO undercard fights
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
This sums up the thread entirely. Take away Spence's Jab and he would of done MUCH BETTER.
strykr619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:05 PM #79
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2002 Post(s)
satiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 41,431.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWins View Post
Size was absolutely the factor, Mikey couldn't get passed the long reach, spence kept mikey at bay with his jab all night.

This isn't to say that if in an alternate universe if they were the same size and fought mikey would have won, I believe spence is indeed the superior boxer regardless, but you are blind or foolish if you think size wasn't a factor. It was a MAJOR factor last night.
There are many fights where the smaller guy in height and reach still manages to get inside the bigger fighter.
satiev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 04:11 PM #80
Winning

Quoted: 997 Post(s)
EdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 44,082.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by satiev1 View Post
There are many fights where the smaller guy in height and reach still manages to get inside the bigger fighter.
I wouldn't doubt it but size played a factor last night, I'm not talking about any other fights.
EdWins is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
factor, size, tonight., wasn't

User Tag List