Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 03-17-2019, 11:10 AM #11
Unified Champion

Quoted: 2069 Post(s)
JJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 29,395.92
One helluva poster. Keep it - Dinamita 03 cheers bud - Beercules 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Century Tuna View Post
Anyone who knows boxing expected this...

He could have quit in the 1st round and collected his money either way, but you know he had to trick the fans by getting his arse completely kicked for 12 rounds.

Makes sense to me.
JJRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-17-2019, 11:13 AM #12
LeastGayPoster1776

Quoted: 2149 Post(s)
Vegemil has a reputation beyond reputeVegemil has a reputation beyond reputeVegemil has a reputation beyond reputeVegemil has a reputation beyond reputeVegemil has a reputation beyond reputeVegemil has a reputation beyond reputeVegemil has a reputation beyond reputeVegemil has a reputation beyond reputeVegemil has a reputation beyond reputeVegemil has a reputation beyond reputeVegemil has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 35,534.92
Total Points: 37,967.05
BeerLovkin - Beercules to diddle your e-anus with. Happy birthday. - P.K Dionysus sugarsmosley alt account - Shaolin Sword 

When I saw him trying to outbox Spence in the first I knew it was over. The ONLY possible chance had of winning was to pressure on the inside with head movement but he stayed in the outside trying to jump in to counter Spence like he doesn't have eyes or a longer reach.
Vegemil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:14 AM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 659 Post(s)
blue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond reputeblue_dolphin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,167.21
Total Points: 52,144.62

if that was the case he would've called it a day after 9 rounds. he took extra punishment .. he genuinely thought he could win.
blue_dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:23 AM #14
Contender

Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Granath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these partsGranath is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,625.44
Suck on this, f4gg0t - denium 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Century Tuna View Post
Anyone who knows boxing expected this...
Congratulations. You win the Most Moronic Post of the Day award.

If Garcia came to collect a check, he could have taken a dive any time. He could have thrown in the towel after his flurry in the 4th or 5th amounted to nothing. He could have stopped when his corner wanted to throw in the towel. Instead, Mikey went out there anyway and got his head beat in for 12 rounds. Like it or not that takes guts.

What happened to Garcia happens to a lot of guys who put on too much weight and move up. They slow down, especially with the head/body movement so they can't slip the jab as easily. They find that their power doesn't faze their opponent and their guy is moving forward without being overly cautious. They find out that the reach disadvantage is a bigger problem than they thought.

Garcia was a game fighter. He just got his butt kicked by a bigger, faster, stronger, better fighter. It was a Bridge Too Far. That doesn't mean he didn't come to win and I think Garcia probably has 10x the heart and balls of a keyboard jockey who thinks he came to collect a check.
Granath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:25 AM #15
Latin From Manhattan

Quoted: 929 Post(s)
CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 27,045.59
victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 
how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine 
true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 
Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 Happy Holidays! - MDPopescu No Message - stephenmc Cheers, brother! - anthonydavid11 

In the eighth round, Spence really started to assert himself. Mikey basically got beat up from there on. Robert Garcia threatened to stop the fight at one point. Mikey did the best he could; he was simply up against too much. That was real punishment he took. Looks to me that if Errol stepped on the gas a little earlier, the fight would’ve ended by KO.
CubanGuyNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:36 AM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Don Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond reputeDon Pichardo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 71,592.98
Total Points: 75,042.69
Good post in my 'mayweather's toughest fight' thread. - punchr To go with your cup of joe. - punchr Stay caffinated. - punchr donut - punchr long live Big PUN! - -jose- 
great pics in the latina thread - Santa_ :beerchug: - -jose- Iím outta green - BERNIE'S CORNER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRod View Post
He could have quit in the 1st round and collected his money either way, but you know he had to trick the fans by getting his arse completely kicked for 12 rounds.

Makes sense to me.
That wasnít in the agreement. The agreement was to put in a show for the 75 bucks ppv price in exchange for not getting ktfo.

We all would have been kissed if he bailed in the first including the powers that be.
Don Pichardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:24 AM #17
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 7912 Post(s)
bigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond reputebigdunny1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,239.20
Total Points: 119,533.93
Great post, man! - anthonydavid11 awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- awesome posts - DramaShow- 

Mikey pulled a Chavez Jr. He had a plan to outbox Spence Once that didn't work and he realized he couldn't win like that he quit and went into survival mode rather then take more risks make it war to try and win but doing that was a huge risk getting knocked out in the process. Mikey knew he wasn't winning so said let me just get this check and avoid as much injury as I can possible. Chavez Jr did the same thing against Canelo. That was more embarrassing because Chavez was the bigger man. Mikey said let me live to fight another day and go back down in weight.
bigdunny1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:31 AM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1274 Post(s)
VatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond reputeVatoMulatto has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 47,646.72
i like ur avatar - zab191 Thanks for the stream! - mathed No Message - mathed 

I expected more from Mikey. Even though I picked Spence to win I also expected Mikey to be somewhat competitive, especially in the first part of the fight but Spence had him in survival mode 99% of the fight. Mikey had absolutely no clue what to do and couldn't find a way to get past Spence jab. Mikey did a lot of talking before the fight but in the ring it seemed to be a victory for him to go the distance. I DO think he came to win but Spence was just too good, too big and too much of everything and Mikey quickly got into survival mode.
VatoMulatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:34 AM #19
STRAPMEUP

Quoted: 12457 Post(s)
BufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond reputeBufordTannen has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,239.20
Total Points: 68,934.07
........one more - King- enjoy,bro - King- good post. here take some strudel - King- A Triple G licensed vibrator for your ass lmao!! - Golovkin #TMT - sugarsmosley 
punk ass hoe - Bardock one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. U are f*****g **** b**** - King_ you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. Solid Poster!!! - Box-Office 
your gay love for Floyd - Freedom. Happy Kwanzaa - Freedom. Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Here ya go cunt - krazyn8tive No harsh feelings ;) - Slick Slayer 
Cheers! And my bad lol - Slick Slayer thanks for the stream - Santa_ fake german troll - Weltschmerz trolling twat - Weltschmerz wannabe German - Weltschmerz 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

He looked like broner in there
BufordTannen is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
check., collect, didnít, mikey, out., sell, survive, win

User Tag List