Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 09:27 PM #51
Interim Champion

Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 23,702.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleazyfellow View Post
Fury has taken a harder punch than Ali? Wtf is this, the twilight zone?

As for Armstrong, he is a legend, and to disparage a legend of the sport just shows what you know. Was he a great boxer? No, he was a brawler type and took several clean shots to his face and that's why they always say, styles like his, Frazier's or Dempsey's are always short lived careers because of the punishment they take. Him, Robinson and pep are top 3 p4p on all time list to this day and for good reason. Quit trying to be different for the sake of being different.
LOL, you write this piddle and you say you're from "tejas". Let me guess, you scrub toilets for a living?

Show me where Ali took bigger punch than the ones Tyson took from Wilder. Show me!

Jesus might love you. But the rest of us wish your mom was more comfortable swallowing. LOL @ tejas. Kill yourself.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-06-2019, 09:31 PM #52
Interim Champion

Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensburyRules View Post
- -Yeah, repeating 8th grade again, eh?

The comeback Louis that fought Rocky was on a 13 fight in 13 month schedule that included a competitive loss to Charles in his first fight, a win over HOFer, another over the white heavy champ whom the BBbc recognized as the heavy champ equivalent to an abc belt today, and to a still raw Rocky who'd just crashed the top ten.

Both of them coulda KOed the two Leon's Ali fought and decisioned the baby Berbick Ali fought and I'd give them 50/50 against fat Lar who was still slim then whom many think got whooped by a fading Norton and had otherwise not beat any prime contender.

The still developing Louis fought former champs Sharkey, Primo, Baer, and Schmeling in short order, a fight schedule of development that dwarfs that of Ali and any other heavy until Tyson swept out the fat Lar era.

9th grade beckons for you. The girls are prettier but take care of bullies as they'll suffer no dimwit leading with his face.
OK, now you've made it a creepy infatuation.

We get it, you like Louis. Probably you're secretly happy that I incensed you for your awe for Louis, as it gives you license to wax on about his many triumphs.

I am not arguing against Louis' greatness; nor am I really endorsing Ali as his superior. I'm simply showing that things can be misconstrued by mirroring your pedantic behavior. you can't critiize Ali for Cooper and Jones, and give Louis a pass on Schmeling.

I honestly don't know how this sub-argument started. But your zeal for Louis is a little out of place, and a lot weird. Do you even remember why popped this boner?

Last edited by Rusty Tromboni; 03-06-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:42 PM #53
Up and Comer

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quaccey will become famous soon enough
Bank: 1,208.68
Total Points: 9,595.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

I would suggest you watch the fighters you're discussing so you don't expose yourself as a charlatan, Extra Foam.

How did Cunningham deck Fury? (Hint: Fury was off balance and coming forward; bad technique, not a shoddy chin). Cunningham is clearly as big as virtually every man Ali fought during the 70's. Fury still had no trouble getting off the deck and finishing the fight.

Foreman got rope-a-doped by Ali. He went life and death w/ Lyle. He lost to Jimmy Young. He was losing badly to Moorer. He clearly struggled w/ boxers less capable than Fury. Among then, only Ali would I pick as a favorite to beat Wilder, or even remain competitive.

It's pretty clear that Foreman was gifted physically, but very limited. Even Gil Clancy couldn't save him. Some of it might have been mental, too - another problem Wilder doesn't have. The physical talents that carried his career were made possible by the disparity in size he enjoyed over his opponents....

You could probably say the same about Wilder. Even at only 112 pounds, he's a monster. In fact, he's even bigger than Foreman. Oh, and he picks his shots better and doesn't blow his load in the opening rounds. Tactically, he's far superior.

Again, Ali can't rope-a-dope Wilder. And he can't hope to guy it out like he did against Shavers and Frazier. Or simply slip away like his did against Liston. Ali's faster than Fury, and far more competent offensively. But he's way smaller, and a far inferior pure-boxer.
Got more excuses then anyone I've ever had the disappointment of talking to on here. Fury off balance? He was standing straight up and got nailed by a over hand right, he wasn't off balance the punch made him drunk. Ali can't rope a dope wilder? Oh yes he could he'd talk **** to wilder and frustrate him just like fury did, but much worse. Wilder is 3 and half inches taller than prime Foreman not the difference you make it out to be, but Rusty once again you seem to have a mind only thinking that you're really good at what you're doing on these forums, but hear this loud and clear Wilder is significantly inferior to Foreman I've never saw foreman getting lessons from a former champion on a damn jab the most basic and important set up in the game. Foreman knocks him out every day of the week he can take wilder's punch way better than wilder can take his. If ortiz had him going then foreman would finish the job this would be shavers vs foreman just a taller version of shavers. You say wilder didnt blow his load he took 2 rounds off after ortiz had him going and against fury he tried so hard to finish someone who wasn't even close to being done then he couldn't even defend himself against punches coming back, but Rusty your lack of boxing knowledge is frightening considering you talk so big. Foreman and Liston knock wilder out cold. Power punching boxers with dominant Jabs liston had the better one tho.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:20 PM #54
No More UK Stoppages

Quoted: 12088 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 104,958.71
Total Points: 140,015.69
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&amp;w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
To wipe that ass lol - BigZ44 Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

BattlingNelson this subforum used to be a haven from childish name calling.

People would have vigorous disagreements and arguments. But things were never allowed to go past a certain point and sink to this level.

Time for a little house cleaning, don't you think?
Old 03-06-2019, 11:33 PM #55
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
sleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond reputesleazyfellow has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,099.40
Total Points: 10,355.76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
LOL, you write this piddle and you say you're from "tejas". Let me guess, you scrub toilets for a living?

Show me where Ali took bigger punch than the ones Tyson took from Wilder. Show me!

Jesus might love you. But the rest of us wish your mom was more comfortable swallowing. LOL @ tejas. Kill yourself.
So because I'm Mexican I must be a toilet scrubber. You ain't worth it. Bye bye.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:59 AM #56
Mod a Phukka

Quoted: 2760 Post(s)
BattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond reputeBattlingNelson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 77,424.87
Total Points: 103,109.21
for being a cool poster in history section - led BattlingNelson &amp;gt; LeCrétin - Freedom Fighter A man who has superior boxing knowledge &amp;amp; integrity. - Terry A ATG poster on BoxingScene - rorymac Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Have one on me ! - BERNIE'S CORNER he was just lucky! - gingeralbino Merry Christmas Bat. I hope you and yours have a wonderful one. - deanrw Jeg giver en omgang - The Slaughter No Message - chiguy91 
I like your unbiased RBRs! - dan_cov Cuz' I'm an old masochist &lt;3 - Grand Champ Happy holidays buddy! - jazluvr &quot;When I'm able to clap, I know she's ready for my dick.&quot; lmao - -jose- For being one of the true &quot;boxing guys&quot; in this place. - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Merry Christmas BattlingNelson - TBear Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays bud! - TBear Thx for the kind words.  Nice that some actually pay attention to what goes on around here. - Redd Foxx in lui of green - jazluvr 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - mangler Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - S a m u r a i Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Carnivore Childhood Cancer - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr449 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - peyk-peyk World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - peyk-peyk Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - nÔÔb_out_king 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
It's hard to have serious conversations on here because too many people have an agenda that they want to push. Or are just outright trolling...how can anyone say with a straight face that Lomachenko is on the same level as Greb, then use the Pedraza fight as an example of why?
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

The History section used to be a safe haven from this kind of thing. But sadly people are being allowed to get away with too much infantile behavior even in this subforum now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
BattlingNelson this subforum used to be a haven from childish name calling.

People would have vigorous disagreements and arguments. But things were never allowed to go past a certain point and sink to this level.

Time for a little house cleaning, don't you think?
It's not against the rules to have opinions, shall we say, out of the mainstream.

I will follow this thread though and some posters better cut down on the namecalling or be prepared for a vacation.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:12 AM #57
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 963 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 33,349.37

- -Like a boxer vs a brawler, sometimes the brawler manages to impose a brawl as far as name calling.

Before bringing the thread back to topic, I'd just like to add not only did Joe Louis finish his career with rare honor, but he started with perhaps the most smashing debut in boxing history when in the first rd he crashed a solid journeyman with a good record into the lap of the Illinois commish at ringside...Kaboomboomsky

Now juan Diaz was a big lightweight name at the start of the millenium, making his Debut at age 17 after a stellar 105-5 AMA record where he made the Olympic boxing team until being dismissed when his too young age was revealed.

Listed at 5-6, he was more 5-4 and was a nonstop whirlwind who cut off the ring and plastered helpless fighters in the ring.

His best fight was against JMM where he had him reeling around helpless on the ropes. Of course JMM chin of titanium and eventually pulled out a Hail Mary to KD Diaz with a severe cut that precipitated the stoppage. Record here:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Juan Diaz vs Henry Armstrong at LW IN 6oz gloves over 15 rds would be a 50/50 fight IMO. He got his law dgree at UHouston and no longer needed boxing, but in his prime he was very underrated who beat a bunch of weight bullies at his weight and gave holy hell to everyone he fought.

Last edited by QueensburyRules; 03-07-2019 at 04:16 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:46 AM #58
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3100 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 99,391.73
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensburyRules View Post
- -Like a boxer vs a brawler, sometimes the brawler manages to impose a brawl as far as name calling.

Before bringing the thread back to topic, I'd just like to add not only did Joe Louis finish his career with rare honor, but he started with perhaps the most smashing debut in boxing history when in the first rd he crashed a solid journeyman with a good record into the lap of the Illinois commish at ringside...Kaboomboomsky

Now juan Diaz was a big lightweight name at the start of the millenium, making his Debut at age 17 after a stellar 105-5 AMA record where he made the Olympic boxing team until being dismissed when his too young age was revealed.

Listed at 5-6, he was more 5-4 and was a nonstop whirlwind who cut off the ring and plastered helpless fighters in the ring.

His best fight was against JMM where he had him reeling around helpless on the ropes. Of course JMM chin of titanium and eventually pulled out a Hail Mary to KD Diaz with a severe cut that precipitated the stoppage. Record here:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Juan Diaz vs Henry Armstrong at LW IN 6oz gloves over 15 rds would be a 50/50 fight IMO. He got his law dgree at UHouston and no longer needed boxing, but in his prime he was very underrated who beat a bunch of weight bullies at his weight and gave holy hell to everyone he fought.
Diaz was hardly even mediocre... Armstrong was one of the best. Diaz did not have the chin to withstand anything Hank came with.

In the spirit of civility let me state unequivocally "wow what an interesting opinion." Simply marvelous like a great chef who takes iberoca ham from Spain here, field greens farmed just so from there, and eats them all and they come out the other end as interesting as this opinion.

Last edited by billeau2; 03-08-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:27 PM #59
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 963 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 33,349.37

- -Claiming to be spreading my fertilizer now is it?

How green your field greens shall be with you ham hocks.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:06 PM #60
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaccey View Post
Got more excuses then anyone I've ever had the disappointment of talking to on here. Fury off balance? He was standing straight up and got nailed by a over hand right, he wasn't off balance the punch made him drunk. Ali can't rope a dope wilder? Oh yes he could he'd talk **** to wilder and frustrate him just like fury did, but much worse. Wilder is 3 and half inches taller than prime Foreman not the difference you make it out to be, but Rusty once again you seem to have a mind only thinking that you're really good at what you're doing on these forums, but hear this loud and clear Wilder is significantly inferior to Foreman I've never saw foreman getting lessons from a former champion on a damn jab the most basic and important set up in the game. Foreman knocks him out every day of the week he can take wilder's punch way better than wilder can take his. If ortiz had him going then foreman would finish the job this would be shavers vs foreman just a taller version of shavers. You say wilder didnt blow his load he took 2 rounds off after ortiz had him going and against fury he tried so hard to finish someone who wasn't even close to being done then he couldn't even defend himself against punches coming back, but Rusty your lack of boxing knowledge is frightening considering you talk so big. Foreman and Liston knock wilder out cold. Power punching boxers with dominant Jabs liston had the better one tho.
LOL, did you even finish 6th grade?

I like you, Extra Foam, but your grammar is atrocious. And you need to focus a little better at staying on topic.

Foreman and liston never fought any one as good as Wilder. If you don't know that, you've excused yourself from any meaningful conversation here.

Wilder has shown much greater propensity for pacing and self-control than Foreman or Liston ever had. He has also done a better job at staying on his feet.

The heighth and length advantage ARE meaningful as they are essentially to the success of his power shots. It's not *only 3 inches. This is Boxing fundamentals. It's really easy to see that Liston, aside from his glorious jab, and Forman (always) needed to bull opponents over to set them up for the KO shot. Wilder is horrendous to watch... until he finds the kill shot. Then he's a marksman. It's like comparing a melee knight to an archer. Wilder lacks an amazing amount of Boxing fundamentals, but he's a Hw. If we compare Ali to Pep, Whitaker, Loughran or Canto the same thing could be said. But we don't compare Olympic gymnasts to Football's Big Uglys, do we?
Closed Thread

Share This With Friends

Tags
armstrong, henry, invincible, wasn't

User Tag List