Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 03-03-2019, 06:59 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3854 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 79,905.43
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 "I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet". Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 
Default I scored Lara/Castano (since everyone is mixed of opinion for some reason).

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

First of all, Lara pissed me off. The skill level difference was on display especially in Round 9. He COULD have stepped on the gas more and had a better showing but chose not to - it was frustrating watching him. He had glimmers of defensive brilliance, but he was holding back on what would have been quality offensive work against a guy who was there to be hit.

Second, Castano is a very raw, rugged fighter that just (in my opinion) isn't on Lara's level. I would love to see Castano vs. Horn @ 154 because I think we'd see a hell of a fight between them.

Either way, I don't see a draw. I had one swing round - Round 8. Other than that, unless all you care about is a guy coming forward swinging for the fences or rabbit punches, I saw nothing but a Lara win.
revelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-03-2019, 07:09 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1519 Post(s)
Southpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 44,018.28
The Maidana Team - LoadedWraps A foot soldier of NSB! - LoadedWraps Keep speaking on this brother.  Don't let it go. - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

First of all, Lara pissed me off. The skill level difference was on display especially in Round 9. He COULD have stepped on the gas more and had a better showing but chose not to - it was frustrating watching him. He had glimmers of defensive brilliance, but he was holding back on what would have been quality offensive work against a guy who was there to be hit.

Second, Castano is a very raw, rugged fighter that just (in my opinion) isn't on Lara's level. I would love to see Castano vs. Horn @ 154 because I think we'd see a hell of a fight between them.

Either way, I don't see a draw. I had one swing round - Round 8. Other than that, unless all you care about is a guy coming forward swinging for the fences or rabbit punches, I saw nothing but a Lara win.
This has always been laras Achilles heel. He gets comfortable and doesnt turn up the activity, he does the least possible amount of work to win a round.
Southpawology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:14 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 &quot;I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet&quot;. Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpawology View Post
This has always been laras Achilles heel. He gets comfortable and doesnt turn up the activity, he does the least possible amount of work to win a round.
And that was readily apparent last night, worse than other fights I can recall.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:15 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 765 Post(s)
lolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,706.23

Man Lara won that fight...I can't stress this enough. People are making it seem like it wasn't a robbery because it was close as they've done with other Lara fights.

But honestly Lara won the fight CLEARLY. Yes it might have been close, but it was pretty damn clear. 8-4 was a good scorecard hoenstly.
lolpz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:35 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
MulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,799.40
Total Points: 45,170.36
All about the coins. Nice posting, sir... - Tony Trick-Pony 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolpz View Post
Man Lara won that fight...I can't stress this enough. People are making it seem like it wasn't a robbery because it was close as they've done with other Lara fights.

But honestly Lara won the fight CLEARLY. Yes it might have been close, but it was pretty damn clear. 8-4 was a goods scorecard hoenstly.

No disrespect but which one was it : close or clear ?
Close to me would mean could of gone either way
Clear would mean one definitely lost

Do you see the irony here , by you saying close well then Castano could of won and no bullchit intended far from being clear
I had it Castano 115/113
Yes he did miss the target often but with the amount of punches thrown he still landed , thus making him look sloppy but still landing
Lara , according to commentators , was splitting Castano’s guard and quite honestly many times I wasn’t sure what they were watching
And Lara did get shots in but many of them were hitting the peakaboo guard or arms and elbows
MulaKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:00 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1519 Post(s)
Southpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 44,018.28
The Maidana Team - LoadedWraps A foot soldier of NSB! - LoadedWraps Keep speaking on this brother.  Don't let it go. - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
And that was readily apparent last night, worse than other fights I can recall.
Lara only fights in one gear
Southpawology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:06 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1257 Post(s)
4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 27,955.50

Not talking to anyone in particular but I get the sense that more credit is being given to punches thrown from the outside than inside. Cleaner punching being another way of saying punches that were easier for the observer to see.
4truth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:35 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
otrocubiche is a splendid one to beholdotrocubiche is a splendid one to beholdotrocubiche is a splendid one to beholdotrocubiche is a splendid one to beholdotrocubiche is a splendid one to beholdotrocubiche is a splendid one to beholdotrocubiche is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 1,220.79
Total Points: 13,493.33

Given Lara's skill level and natural abilities, he shouldn't be allowed to insult fans with showings like this, he was given a gift against Molina, that was it. It hurts to see somebody do as little as humanly possible to get by and then complaint about it when it doesn't get his way. I get that he was robbed against Paul Williams, but that was ages ago, he could have beat Canelo n Castano easily if he had just tried a little bit more, but he just doesn't, he wants to get paid n laugh at boxing fans, I can't wait for the day that he retires.
otrocubiche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:51 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 &quot;I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet&quot;. Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4truth View Post
Not talking to anyone in particular but I get the sense that more credit is being given to punches thrown from the outside than inside. Cleaner punching being another way of saying punches that were easier for the observer to see.
This is one of those fights where it came down to two things: body shots (where Lara excelled) and whether your punch moved your opponent's head without their permission. See my reply below on that second one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulaKO View Post
Yes he did miss the target often but with the amount of punches thrown he still landed , thus making him look sloppy but still landing
Lara , according to commentators , was splitting Castano’s guard and quite honestly many times I wasn’t sure what they were watching
And Lara did get shots in but many of them were hitting the peakaboo guard or arms and elbows
Go back and watch it again. Times Lara got hit clean, his head CLEARLY moved. There weren't that many of those situations. Yet, when Lara split the guard, he went for the body and the chest more than the head. When he DID go for the head, he connected more than he didn't. There was also a very clear speed difference; Lara's 1-2 was there and done before Castano's hook got halfway thrown.

And another thing: Castano tried to pull a Manny and show up in the last 30 seconds of the round which I believe swayed a lot of people to think he had a better performance than he did. Sorry - you don't get thumped on for 2 minutes, then get a couple of good shots in the last 30 seconds and win the round. Not on my watch

Last edited by revelated; 03-03-2019 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:54 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 765 Post(s)
lolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond reputelolpz has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 18,706.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulaKO View Post
No disrespect but which one was it : close or clear ?
Close to me would mean could of gone either way
Clear would mean one definitely lost

Do you see the irony here , by you saying close well then Castano could of won and no bullchit intended far from being clear
I had it Castano 115/113
Just because a fight is close on the cards, doesn't mean a decision isn't clear or decisive. Lara clearly won at least 7 rounds, which made it a close but clear win.
lolpz is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
(since, lara/castano, mixed, opinion, reason)., scored

User Tag List