Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo 16yr uncounted boxrec fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happens a lot with unsanctioned boxing. There is a lot like this in the UK as well. Usually it's called Semi-Professional Boxing.

They fight the style of pro (without headguards and everything) but with a bit bigger gloves and get paid by selling the tickets the promoter gives you. How much you sell you get the money, if you don't sell you don't get anything.

Usually this happens because you don't have enough money to get a professional boxing license or you are not 100% fit to fight with a professional license.

Comment

One example is Nick Blackwell when he was still very young. I saw him fight in my country, it was in December.

He was some 17 if not mistaken, and he fought a veteran here (he was some 45 years old), a guy that he fought Chris Eubank Sr. in the 80s.

It was a very good fight (IMO Nick won, but he lost the fight on the judges cards).

Not listed on anything. There were pictures but I think the website was removed or something.

So basically, Nick Blackwell fought a guy that fought Chris Eubank Sr. and later he went to fight Chris Eubank Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by omh View Post
        Most likely a mistake something like that would have fighters in Mexico coming out left and right saying I beat canelo not to mention the Mexican media they would always be bringing it up writing stories mentioning it before all of his fights when they announce his record
        Am not accusing them of falsifying his resume, am more shocked that I didn’t know about this. I knew he fought from a very young age. But I never knew he had so many fights that are uncounted for. This one in this thread isn’t even on Boxrec. But like others said it might be an unsanctioned fight or due to the fact that he isn’t even 18 years old yet. He looks well composed though even at that age.

Comment

Even in that video he look like he’s on steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Am not accusing them of falsifying his resume, am more shocked that I didn’t know about this. I knew he fought from a very young age. But I never knew he had so many fights that are uncounted for. This one in this thread isn’t even on Boxrec. But like others said it might be an unsanctioned fight or due to the fact that he isn’t even 18 years old yet. He looks well composed though even at that age.
            His trainer chepo spoke about the 10 fights they didn't count on his record in an interview a few years ago I think it was in an esnews video

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Wow!!! Where have i been? I have never heard this before. And its believable as well. I doubt that it at all.
              I'm sure a lot of people haven't heard about this before.
              This happened before Canelo made his US debut.
              I heard of Canelo months before his US debut and one of the first things I did was check him out on boxrec. I clearly remember him having 3 defeats and more than 1 draw. I believe it was like 3 draws.

Like I said maybe it was just a mistake, but that's what I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Maybe it was an age thing, omitting the pro fights he had under 18 years of age and chalking them up to learning experience. Or non sanctioned fights.

Didn't the same thing kinda happen with Lomachenko before his Salido fight? They had him as 1-0 but really he already had a bunch of fights with no head and with pro boxing rules in some tournament but for some reason they didn't counted it?

On a side note, the defensive awareness Canelo shows in this fight is amazing at 19 years old. He is so poised and talented already. I don't quite understand how a boxing fan can hate on a boxer as talented as Canelo and who has fought as many good fighters as he has and has always been competitive in every fight.
                Lomachenko fought in the WSB...loads of amateur fighters do...including Gvozdyk, Usyk, Castano, Islam, Bivol, Joyce and Derevyanchenko etc. Most of the time it's country vs country like Ukraine vs Cuba. They are amateur fights...just 5 rounds instead of 3
                Last edited by DuckAdonis; 11-14-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Clenelo Alvaroid, cheating since age of 16

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                    I'm sure a lot of people haven't heard about this before.
                    This happened before Canelo made his US debut.
                    I heard of Canelo months before his US debut and one of the first things I did was check him out on boxrec. I clearly remember him having 3 defeats and more than 1 draw. I believe it was like 3 draws.

Like I said maybe it was just a mistake, but that's what I saw.
                    I don’t doubt your story at all. This is just am hearing of this. And have been around boxing for soooo long lol. Am just shocked I didn’t have any sort of incline about this.

Comment

They did the same thing for Chavez Sr. too didn't they?

Comment

Working...
                      X