Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillian Whyte vs. Joseph Parker - Who You Got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    Even in the Helenius fight he was moving better, and looked in better shape, he's carried that into the Browne fight as well. His technique has improved massively in the last 18 months.... everything from his jab, defence, balance and explosiveness. The way he steps into the jab now, and his movements setting up power shots, which he sets himself way better before throwing. If you can't spot those things then I can't help you. When I follow a fighter I can spot every little detail in their technique.

Whyte has obviously improved since Chisora, and even if it was a poor performance in the Helenius fight he done enough to win clearly and didn't look as raw as he used to. When Whyte fought Joshua and even Chisora he was just a Brawler with poor fundamentals and heart, now he is doing everything well, and he's still improving. I think the Parker fight will prove everything I have said is true.
    I didn't say he hasn't improved, just asked how he got SO much better just from a short period of time. If you want to say he's gotten in better shape, that is fair and probably accurate. But he fought a punching bag who was out of shape in Browne. Whyte looked much better than he actually is. He will still get wild when he faces someone who makes him miss a little and is able to touch him. You will see that against Parker. I'm sorry, but this guy didn't all of a sudden turn into a monster with big time punching power. He's a decent HW, that's all.

Comment

It'll be a stinker, with parker probably getting more rounds and the judjes giving whyte enough rounds to make it at least a draw, matter of fact draw would be a good pick here.

Comment

I'm expecting an action packed fight, could be a FOTY candidate. This will be explosive and very fun to watch. Someone is going to get stopped. I give the slight edge to Parker but this fight can go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          I didn't say he hasn't improved, just asked how he got SO much better just from a short period of time. If you want to say he's gotten in better shape, that is fair and probably accurate. But he fought a punching bag who was out of shape in Browne. Whyte looked much better than he actually is. He will still get wild when he faces someone who makes him miss a little and is able to touch him. You will see that against Parker. I'm sorry, but this guy didn't all of a sudden turn into a monster with big time punching power. He's a decent HW, that's all.
          You dont make great changes you make subtle ones if the skills are there to fight on another level .

Whyte is the better boxer all around , he will win this fight if he avoids a knock out .

Comment

Parker by wide decision. Whyte sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Well learning how to pace yourself and sit down on your punches is a big improvement IMO. If you correct a lot of flaws in technique and ring IQ then it adds up to a big improvement. Boxing is a game of percentages, another 10% can make a big difference.

Even if Browne was out of shape he still carried power, Whyte fought a smart fight, moved well and countered well.... and he got the ko, a good performance all around, and his punch variety improved massively, he was much more explosive, that stood out a mile.

When did I say Whyte turned into a monster with big time punching power? I just said he has improved a lot in the last 2 years and is still learning.... like he even admits. http://www.skysports.com/whyte-vs-pa...153/11446742/1

This is Whyte's chance to put on the performance of his career, his coming out party, we shall see if he is as good as I think he is in this fight. I guarantee you Whyte will fight his heart out to get the W, that's guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                Well learning how to pace yourself and sit down on your punches is a big improvement IMO. If you correct a lot of flaws in technique and ring IQ then it adds up to a big improvement. Boxing is a game of percentages, another 10% can make a big difference.

Even if Browne was out of shape he still carried power, Whyte fought a smart fight, moved well and countered well.... and he got the ko, a good performance all around, and his punch variety improved massively, he was much more explosive, that stood out a mile.

When did I say Whyte turned into a monster with big time punching power? I just said he has improved a lot in the last 2 years and is still learning.... like he even admits. http://www.skysports.com/whyte-vs-pa...153/11446742/1

This is Whyte's chance to put on the performance of his career, his coming out party, we shall see if he is as good as I think he is in this fight. I guarantee you Whyte will fight his heart out to get the W, that's guaranteed.
                He may win because Parker isn't all that great, but you will see some of the same flaws that you saw vs Chisora/Lewison/Helenius/etc.

But yeah, fair to say I'm not buying into the hype.

Though there have been rumors Parker has looked like utter crap in camp. Not sure how true those rumors are, but if they are then Whyte should win.

Comment

Whyte wins by KO. Parker will try to fight on the front foot and he'll get caught doing that. You guys keep talking about Whyte going toe to toe with Chisora and Allen, but what about Parker going 12 rounds with Cojanu? And what About Parker stinking up the joint when he fought feather fisted Fury? At least Whyte doesn't fight going backwards and Parker hasn't even been close to a knockout in almost 5 fights. I think after this loss, Parker becomes the gatekeeper that I have always thought he was and he goes back to fighting on Burger King cards in New Zealand.

Comment

I really hope Parker wins and knocks Whyte out.

If it goes to decision it could be in favor of Whyte because of the home crowd. Could be a robbery for Parker also seemingly Hearn wants to make Joshua-Whyte II.

Comment

Parker by decision for me, although it’s a really good matchup. Still undecided if to pay to watch it or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X