Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people being fooled by HBO's mismatches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people being fooled by HBO's mismatches?

So I was thinking why is HBO getting so much credit for putting on "great" fights when in reality they are just as big of mismatches if not more then PBC? I mean lets be honest here krushers last fight was a mismatch all of crawfords fights were mismatches. GGG fights a bunch of mismatches they had canelo fighting kirkland. Lemonchenkos fights are all mismatches beyond belief. I mean im just thinking like is hbo that good at promoting fights that they are able to fool boxing fans into thinking they are putting on great fights?

With the little shows they put on hbo should be doing better if they are the so called better network with better fights. Maybe im missing something here but I dont think I am.

What do you guys think?

Krusher's last fight was a mandatory, he had to get the "mismatch" out the way.

People love their fighter smash cans, it's boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
      So I was thinking why is HBO getting so much credit for putting on "great" fights when in reality they are just as big of mismatches if not more then PBC? I mean lets be honest here krushers last fight was a mismatch all of crawfords fights were mismatches. GGG fights a bunch of mismatches they had canelo fighting kirkland. Lemonchenkos fights are all mismatches beyond belief. I mean im just thinking like is hbo that good at promoting fights that they are able to fool boxing fans into thinking they are putting on great fights?

With the little shows they put on hbo should be doing better if they are the so called better network with better fights. Maybe im missing something here but I dont think I am.

What do you guys think?
      two words......al haymon.
      if hbo ever starts working with haymon again you'll see these same dickriders hop right off hbo's dick.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
        two words......al haymon.
        if hbo ever starts working with haymon again you'll see these same dickriders hop right off hbo's dick.
        well thats the thing a al haymon fighter fights a mandatory and somehow thats different. The thing is when you really look back at the fights hbo has been putting on almost all of them are complete mismatches that were promoted well. when u really look pbc has put on more good fights this past year then hbo its ust they have had so many fights people count the prospects fighting over matched guys as real cards. Its all just crazy how boxing fans are being fooled so easily

Comment

I don't think people are fooled. I simply think its fans that do not care whether a guy they like has an easy fight.

NSB favorites-Manny, GGG, Canelo, Kov, Wlad-when they have easy fights their fans could care less. Its only when fighters they are not fans of have easy fights that they complain.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I don't think people are fooled. I simply think its fans that do not care whether a guy they like has an easy fight.

NSB favorites-Manny, GGG, Canelo, Kov, Wlad-when they have easy fights their fans could care less. Its only when fighters they are not fans of have easy fights that they complain.
            no people are for sure fooled. look how many people were fooled into thinking ggg lemieux was a competitive "brawl". the same people that support hbo are the same ones complaining about pbc fights like garcia guerrero which is actually a good put together fight that will be very entertaining

Comment

well thats the thing a al haymon fighter fights a mandatory and somehow thats different. The thing is when you really look back at the fights hbo has been putting on almost all of them are complete mismatches that were promoted well. when u really look pbc has put on more good fights this past year then hbo its ust they have had so many fights people count the prospects fighting over matched guys as real cards. Its all just crazy how boxing fans are being fooled so easily
              to a lot of these idiots, the name "al haymon" is like a switch that turns off their basic logic. they'll dismiss anything that actually makes sense and twist it into something that's wrong. hbo can charge you for mismatches (i.e. ggg vs his entire resume, kovalev's last opponent, crawford's most recent fights, canelo vs kirkland, etc) but when haymon does it on free tv(added with good matches as well) they have a problem with it.

Comment

no people are for sure fooled. look how many people were fooled into thinking ggg lemieux was a competitive "brawl". the same people that support hbo are the same ones complaining about pbc fights like garcia guerrero which is actually a good put together fight that will be very entertaining
                I hear ya homie but I don't think they were even fooled then, despite what they post.

They like GGG and do not want PBC to succeed so you get the comments you get. But that kind of fake stuff always gets exposed.

Look at Lomanchenko's last fight. Look at Kov v Pascal upcoming. All you do is repost what those fans said about other fights where one was a huge underdog (Garcia v Salka) or pointless rematches (Floyd v maidana) and ask them if they still feel the same way.

They usually BS and ultimately expose themselves for what they really are.

Its just like "not using VADA means you are dirty" then Kov didn't use VADA. Suggest he is dirty and see what you get.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Pretty much. It's strange to watch people coo over GGG and Kovalev and then blast Danny Garcia as a cherry picker even though his opposition has been far stronger.

I think the good part about HBO having such a limited roster means they'll have to put their talent in against each other. I think. Seems that rule doesn't apply to GGG unless it makes GGG happy.

Comment

I've been saying for years. HBO never had a problem with Haymon's mismatches. They had a problem paying for Haymon's mismatches. If Willie Monroe Jr. was a Haymon fighter he wouldn't have gotten 100k to fight GGG. He was told that would be great exposure on a big stage. Took the short money. He hasn't fought since, is without a promoter, and doesn't have a fight on the horizon. If he were with Haymon he'd gotten at least $500k and another fight. After taxes, manager & training and other fees that $100k is looking closer to $30k.

Comment

Working...
                    X