Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Science Fiction films you wish would be made.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science Fiction films you wish would be made.....

I would love a film about a manned mission to Titan. Something like that would be dope IMO.

A movie series based on The Urantia Book.

Comment

Wish they made a movie on the Lord of Light novel, still kinda surprised no one made it yet.

Comment

Have you seen Europa Report? It's not a terrible movie. It's mediocre but it was fun to watch. Also, can't wait for The Martian with Matt Damon and Jessica Chastain.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Have you seen Europa Report? It's not a terrible movie. It's mediocre but it was fun to watch. Also, can't wait for The Martian with Matt Damon and Jessica Chastain.
          Me too man. On one hand I'm like Great book supposedly, great cast, great topic and it's a space/mars movie. On the other hand I'm like Ridley Scott hasn't made a good movie since American Gangster IMO, so he could **** it up big time.

I'd be 100x more hyped if it was Nolan or Spielberg doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I liked Europa Report and gave it and 8/10.

It was made on a small budget but it was quite entertaining and the special effects were decent. The story was more realistic and more scientifically possible than most others.

The critics liked it more than the movie-goers (who are used to high-budget but silly action scenes).

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/europa_report/

Claustrophobic and stylish, Europa Report is a slow-burning thriller that puts the science back into science fiction.

Comment

The Foundation, Childhood's End, Lord of Light, A Canticle of Leibowitz, Moon is a Harsh Mistress.....

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                I liked Europa Report and gave it and 8/10.

It was made on a small budget but it was quite entertaining and the special effects were decent. The story was more realistic and more scientifically possible than most others.

The critics liked it more than the movie-goers (who are used to high-budget but silly action scenes).

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/europa_report/
                I thought they could have done a little better. I don't wanna spoil anything for anyone that is considering watching after we mentioned it, but the part where the girl stays for too long outside, if you know what I mean. Way too ambitious about her mission, to the point where it made you kinda shout to her in your head. Like Brand (Hathaway) in Interstellar staying too long out on that planet while a giant wave is coming, causing one of her colleagues death. There's a few things that could have been better in Europa Report, but overall an enjoyable sci fi movie. Like I said, not a terrible movie. Moon was simpler, in a more familiar, boring setting like our Moon that we see every day, yet such a great movie.

Moon's budget: $5 million according to wikipedia.
                Europa Report's budget: "Less than" $10 million according to wikipedia.

Comment

one written by Anorak

Comment

A few that I want to see are already being made, like Robopocalypse and Ready Player One.

I reckon films based on John Ringo's Troy Rising trilogy would be good.

Comment

Working...
                    X