Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was Eddie Hearn Doing......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was probably just letting him know he's still on the Whyte/Chisora/Price roundabout so it's ok to stay down.

Comment

Symbolic. The moment Bellew’s head was unconscious on the ropes. Close friend Eddie Hearn naturally went to help him up. Would have been a violation of rules. But good example of friendship. I liked that.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        It was a reaction to Bellew being dropped and could be a DQ but that's down to the refs discretion. In fact an official judge reacted the same sort of way when Pacquiao got KOd by Marquez - he made a move for a moment as if he was trying to help him up.
        I've seen a few fights where a ref, after seeing someone knocked out cold on their feet, moves quickly toward them to try and prevent their head from hitting the canvas. Like the ref is technically the medical first responder and his greatest task is to protect the fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sable&Whitefish View Post
          I've seen a few fights where a ref, after seeing someone knocked out cold on their feet, moves quickly toward them to try and prevent their head from hitting the canvas. Like the ref is technically the medical first responder and his greatest task is to protect the fighters.
          I've seen that quite a lot, as you mention it's part of the job requirements for ref to intervene and protect fighters in various scenarios of vulnerability whereas if a promoter does it then there are grounds for a DQ (depending on the situation and decision of the ref).

Comment

I think he just close to him....he was emotional post fight too

Comment

Hearn said in interview that he was gonna take Bellew gum guard out because he was thinking he's done but then he realised Bellew is getting up.

Comment

Some very cynical people on here, im not the biggest fan of hearn but that was nothing but concern for a friend/fighter.

Looking at how he fell between the ropes, in the immediate moments its hard not to let your mind jump to the worst scenario.

Its bad enough for us fans of the sport who have nothing but a superficial connection to fighters to become emotionally involved. But someone like hearn who has had a 7 year business reltaionship with bellew, knows his family, friends etc. he will have had serious concern.

Comment

Hearn and Bellew are good friends, i think he was concerned and reacted how any friend might. He did say he was going to take his gum shield out.

Hearn was in the ring after the fight wiping blood off Bellew's face with a towel. i bet you wouldn't see other promoters doing that.

i think he's just as much a liar as any other promoter, but i also think he cares about his fighters more than most. Maybe that's an age thing too, he isn't much older than most of his fighters, similar age, so he probably has more of a friendship with them.

Comment

Working...
                  X