No announcement yet.

GM offers buyout to 18,000 workers--layoffs coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    So are you pro-tariff, pro-domestic worker or are you anti-tariff and companies can use any workers around the globe without regards to labor laws?

Which one is it?

And to think China’s market isn’t correlated to their economy just shows once again- liberals have no idea about economics
    Anti tariff as it's been proven repeatedly that they don't work

Pro domestic workers but not at the expense of government subsidies to inefficient industries

Stick to the industries where you have a comparative advantage and treat people fairly

You obviously don't know much about Chinese financial markets

Firstly, Chinese investors are emotional gamblers so market is subject to wild swings at the best of times

Secondly, regulations are lax, corruption is rife and enforcement of laws is sporadic. Companies might be worth billions but be nothing more than glorified ponzi schemes. That also results in boom/bust scenarios

Thirdly, the central government controls everything including where and when state owned enterprises invest. Recently, they directed major players to divest shareholdings and invest directly in domestic enterprises/projects to facilitate growth. That could turnaround at a moment's notice

I could go on but suffice is to say, don't invest in the Chinese share market

Comment

Ok, let me rephrase it, Replace dividends with earnings and shareholder capital appreciation.

Warren produces tens of billions every year for his shareholders, way more than his pay.
      In that case, generally poorly performing companies or startups

Tens of thousands of listed examples globally

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
        In that case, generally poorly performing companies or startups

Tens of thousands of listed examples globally
        And those companies aren’t in 401k plans or in anyone’s brokerage accounts. That’s all VC or private equity money.
        And even generally poorly performing companies still generate billions in earnings. Look at GE, horrible company but has paid out billions and billions each year, much more than the CEO made.

Like 99%of CEOs in major public companies provide much more shareholder wealth than they make in pay.

Comment

Shareholders of GM, like myself and pretty much every person with 401k plan in America
          All concepts most of us learned in, or even before, high school.

Gruber knew his peeps.

Comment

And those companies aren’t in 401k plans or in anyone’s brokerage accounts. That’s all VC or private equity money.
            And even generally poorly performing companies still generate billions in earnings. Look at GE, horrible company but has paid out billions and billions each year, much more than the CEO made.

Like 99%of CEOs in major public companies provide much more shareholder wealth than they make in pay.
            I admire your patience with the "stupid" ones here, but I must warn you he's either not grasping the lessons you're trying to teach him, or his team loyalty says he must discard and forget them.

Comment

Working...
            X