Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody give Crawford a shot at Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    JMM and Pac stans. Everyone knows JMM and Pacquiao cheated. Don't be trying to drag Mayweather down to their standards.
    I'll admit JMM more than likely juiced for Pacquaio who I was always suspicious of. I can admit this being an objective ans reasonable fan and not a groupie fanboy. That's Marquez from the age of 38-39 for like a couple of fights that are under suspicion (against another guy under suspicion so basically evened out). Mayweather is like a decade or more suspicious/blatant which is half his career. Don't bring Marquez down to his standards of cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
      Lol, it's funny how after 3 years of retirement and at age 41, you can literally STILL FAVOR Mayweather over any of the top dogs within the stacked 147lb division.

If that's not DOMINATING a sport entirely, I don't know what is.
      lol delusional. Nobody believes that except you dumb ass flom0s. crawford murders froid today. crawford has a good chance beating any version of gayweather jr.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        Crawford defeats him hands down if Money May is clean and the two of them agree to VADA testing. Then I have no doubt that Bud Crawford will become victorious; Probably by stoppage.

I'm becoming a little cynical when it comes to Money Mayweather. How is it even possible for a man over the age of 35 continue to dominate and defeat men that are at least 10-13 years his junior?

Something just doesn't add up here. I am not accusing or insinuating anything but it does seem a bit bizarre to me. We all get old sometimes.

In addition, it's not like he has the cleanest or healthiest of life styles either. He is single, a nocturnal individual, who loves junk food, is oversexed and surrounds himself with lots of women. That kind of lifestyle typically ages a man as he gets older but for some reason not Money Mayweather.

Everyone is on peds these days, everyone. Its not just mayweather who were on top past 35, it is a ton of fighters, Hopkins, JMM, Pac, Wladimir, Tarver, Mosley, Sergio, GGG ect ect. Look at what guys like SRL, Ali were like when they were 35, they were all shot by that age. Hagler retired early 30s, Marciano retired early 30s. Its an entire trend that is pretty recent, sometime after mid 2000s is when we started to get all of these fighters who are late 30s and at the top of their division. Remember when Lennox retired, he was considered old, aged like fine wine and the exception, he was 37 when he retired in 2003. Now it is very common for fighters older than that to be #1 in their division. If you look at the 90s, JCC, Whitaker, Camacho, a lot of those fighters were shot by 35. Its down to better peds these days extending the careers of fighters.

I disagree on Mayweathers habits though. He is a gym rat, doesnt drink or smoke much less do hard drugs. He goes to clubs but doesnt drink. The junk food is probably exaggerated for 24/7, he does have a chef for training camps, his weight is consistent between training camps, hes never blown up, ever, which is also due to genetics, his 60 year old dad and uncle also have never been overweight. Hes nocturnal but thats not really a bad thing in and of itself, he trains at night and fights at night.

Also anyone who thinks peds are new is in denial. Ali and his team openly admitted to using thyroid drugs to cut weight fast for his last fights. Today that would get you a suspension. Back then it didnt really matter and whenever they first started steroid testing it was a joke because it was only fight week and worthless, you could run a complete cycle all through training camp. I think that the more stringent testing has probably forced them to actually be better at managing peds, you got guys like conte who have it down to a science, mapping out doses on a calendar for their guys. Thats why we are seeing 40 year olds compete with the 25 year olds and win. Ped testing probably forced ped science to become more effective now that I think about it. If you were in the 1980s you could just run a basic cycle without much thought into it, they didnt know what they were doing. Now you need a specialized strength coach to map it out to beat the test.
        Last edited by elfag; 10-12-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharoah View Post
          Hypothetically, if Floyd came out of retirement right now, I'd give Crawford no more than 3-4 rounds
          Agreed.

Mayweather is in tip top shape right now.

Comment

More than a shot, i'd pick him to beat this old version of Floyd. I think when fighters retire undefeated or are undefeated for a long time it's easy to lose track of how much they've slipped.

Floyd may be in good physical shape and have a style more suited in older age but he has still declined a lot and is inactive especially against elite opponents. Even in his prime it would still be a difficult fight because of Crawford style.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Well umm yeah there's no question a prime Floyd easily UDs Crawford, lol.

Crawford's best win of his career was a Gamboa fight that took place 4 years ago -- a Gamboa who later got stopped by a 12 loss fighter. We're talking about a prime Floyd Mayweather Jr. here.

Crawford hasn't shared the ring with a single A level fighter in his 33 fight career, let alone the most prolific boxer of an entire generation like Floyd.

A prime Floyd probably wins every second of every single round with today's Terence Crawford.
              I honestly don’t see it that way, I think prime Floyd wins a competitive decision. Crawford would offer stylistic problems Floyd didn’t often face towards the backend of his career.
              I could see this fight playing out like the Judah fight. Floyd has some problems early on with the style and range of Crawford but does what he does best; adapts and negates his opponents attributes, then takes control of the back half of the fight and wins a decision.

Crawford’s resume isn’t the best but he has completely dominated his opposition, including some very solid wins over Postol, Gamboa, Burns etc. I truly believe this is a special fighter. I watched him live against Ricky Burns and he’s excellent in nearly every department, a very, very complete fighter.

Comment

Lol, it's funny how after 3 years of retirement and at age 41, you can literally STILL FAVOR Mayweather over any of the top dogs within the stacked 147lb division.

In his prime yes.
                Now No.....

Comment

.. you see that as a compliment to floyds skills and legacy or something

when in reality it's not, it actually shows how sad and delusional some fans are.

you'd have to be a casual or special kind of stupid to think floyd would beat bud or spence atm.

Comment

This a joke thread.

Crawford is a good fighter but I'm still trying to work out who has he beat? If he was not American, nobody would have him in top 10 p4p.

Let's wait until he fights legitimate champs first.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                      In his prime yes.
                      Now No.....
                      Ok. Who at 147 atm would go into a fight against Mayweather as a betting favorite (in Vegas), other then maybe Errol Spence Jr?

Comment

Working...
                      X