Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think what you want about the Apollo landings, but many photos are obviously edited.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks real to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      In the black and white photos I posted, you can see the rover wheels produce dust meaning its rolling.

They drove 19 miles on average per Apollo mission on it. They would park it and then carry it? They never mentioned carrying it after deploying it from the LEM.

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a15/AS15-88-11902HR.jpg
      Dunno all the details. It just seems reasonable that they carried it occasionally. Like immediately after they land, and they have to offload it from somewhere or other. I don't know if it rolled down a ramp or anything.
      Or if they needed to inspect it, or maintain it etc. Who knows?

The idea that they moved a 35kg object into place, and that is why there are no tracks, is a whole lot more reasonable than thinking that the photo was faked. Objects of that size get shifted around millions of times per day. Conspiracies happen a lot less often. What does Occam's razor say?

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        Looks real to me...

Why not tracks and a clear footprint between the front and back wheel, right where the track should be?

Comment

Any idea why the corner of the flag that is loose, starts waving at 2:36, when the astronaut hops in front of it?

YouTube comments say it's because he made the ground shake by jumping next to it, due to vibration transmitting from the ground, into the pole and then the fabric, but I say no because at 2:15 he hopped away from right next to the pole and nothing happened. Others say he might have touched it with his hand, but he wasn't that close to it. Others say his movement created a gust of wind and moved the flag for obvious reasons.

It looks consistent with a gust of wind, imo.

What say you?

jaded, Lomasexual, mathed, keepemup, Laddie_Loc, TonyGe, 5burowz, BLASTER1, Pretty Boy32, HOUDINI563, Thraxox, Zaroku, i_am_a_champ, New England,
          Last edited by Vlad_; 09-03-2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Any idea why the corner of the flag that is loose, starts waving at 2:35, when the astronaut hops in front of it?

YouTube comments say it's because he made the ground shake by jumping next to it, due to vibration transmitting from the ground, into the pole and then the fabric, but I say no because at 2:15 he hopped away from right next to the pole and nothing happened. Others say he might have touched it with his hand, but he wasn't that close to it. Others say his movement created a gust of wind and moved the flag for obvious reasons.

What say you?

jaded, Lomasexual, mathed, keepemup, Laddie_Loc, TonyGe, 5burowz, BLASTER1, Pretty Boy32, HOUDINI563, Thraxox, Zaroku, i_am_a_champ, New England,

In a perfect vacuum environment, any wave energy added to a hanging sheet of fabric (flag) will take longer to dissipate than if that sheet were being dampened by surrounding air. Thus if the pole were jostled by an astronaut, the rippling waves of energy sent into the fabric would continue to flow back and forth many times before eventually petering out. This would look like a flag waving in wind to the casual observer.

Apart from that the simplest way to debunk any moon landing conspiracy is this;
            If there was any merit to any of these theories, the first people to look into it would have been the Russians, as being called out on a lie would have been an embarrasement to the Americans.
            But they never did that. They had the recources to check (for example the experiment arrays on the moon surface that can be seen with large telescopes and are definetly man-made), and they never objected to the claim that the Americans were there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
              In a perfect vacuum environment, any wave energy added to a hanging sheet of fabric (flag) will take longer to dissipate than if that sheet were being dampened by surrounding air. Thus if the pole were jostled by an astronaut, the rippling waves of energy sent into the fabric would continue to flow back and forth many times before eventually petering out. This would look like a flag waving in wind to the casual observer.

Apart from that the simplest way to debunk any moon landing conspiracy is this;
              If there was any merit to any of these theories, the first people to look into it would have been the Russians, as being called out on a lie would have been an embarrasement to the Americans.
              But they never did that. They had the recources to check (for example the experiment arrays on the moon surface that can be seen with large telescopes and are definetly man-made), and they never objected to the claim that the Americans were there.
              If it's energy dissipation, the why did the flag not move at 2:15 when the astronaut was jumping right next to the pole of the flag. Only when he passed on the other side, closer to the loose fabric.

The Russians would have monitored rocket launches and saw low resolution photos and videos back in the day, and might have been convinced.

Comment

Any idea why the corner of the flag that is loose, starts waving at 2:36, when the astronaut hops in front of it?

What say you?

Kubrick couldn’t get every detail right, he had a hard deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  Looks real to me...

I missed your bottom-right edit earlier.

Comment

I missed your bottom-right edit earlier.
                    I had a feeling you did.

Comment

If it's energy dissipation, the why did the flag not move at 2:15 when the astronaut was jumping right next to the pole of the flag. Only when he passed on the other side, closer to the loose fabric.

The Russians would have monitored rocket launches and saw low resolution photos and videos back in the day, and might have been convinced.
                      So all these oddities..... makes you conclude that????

Comment

Working...
                      X