Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Canelo move down to 154 if GGG puts a beating on him??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
    He should fight wherever he can. Most of these guys are weight bullies anyway. No need for him to fight at a disadvantage at 160. He, contrarily to GGG, would actually be a small middleweight. If he can still make the weight, he should stay.

King Hippo from Mike Tyson's Punch Out, good to hear from you.

You were a pain in the ass to beat in that video game, but eventually I found out the secret and won. Lol

Comment

i dont see canelo moving back down to 154 should he lose to golovkin...if he loses but make a good account of himself i suppose he would just fight on at a canelo weight of 156-158 and he still being boxings cash cow would force guys at 154/160 lbs to meet him somewhere in the middle at a weight comfortable for canelo if they want that ginger payday

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
        Forgot to mention that at 164 Canelo mentioned he got tired in the 5th and 6th rounds against Chavez Jr. and then got his second wind a couple of rounds later. These are his words.

Now going to 160 against Triple G. Like Malignaggi mentioned about Triple G's pressure having a taxing affect on fighters mentally. Couple that with the physical and well I can see Canelo tiring in this fight. But I also think Triple G will get tired too at some point. It's going to be tough for both of them.

But just wanted to mention that about 164. So if he tired at 164 against Chavez Jr. who was just a punching bag. What's going to happen at 160 against Golovkin?

We will find out Troll Cop.
        So he's tired and refuses to sit on his stool?

Comment

He wont move down ,he will beat GGG doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
            So he's tired and refuses to sit on his stool?
            Those words came out of Canelo's mouth, not mine.

I've worked out and ran or whatever and was tired while I was standing up.

You have to sit down to be tired?

Anyway those were your boy Canelo's words, not mine.

Comment

Those words came out of Canelo's mouth, not mine.

I've worked out and ran or whatever and was tired while I was standing up.

You have to sit down to be tired?

Anyway those were your boy Canelo's words, not mine.
              How do you know he wasn't sarcastic? Cmon dude... he was fighting Chavez Jr. trying to make a point...

You are coming off as to how YOU work out as if none of us ever had a workout...

How old are you?

Comment

How do you know he wasn't sarcastic? Cmon dude... he was fighting Chavez Jr. trying to make a point...

You are coming off as to how YOU work out as if none of us ever had a workout...

How old are you?

Old enough, Trust

Comment

Old enough, Trust
                  WHeres the video where he said he was tired? I would like to hear it

Comment

WHeres the video where he said he was tired? I would like to hear it

It's an article not a video, from here at Boxingscene where he said that he grew a little tired in the 5th and 6th rounds, he said it was normal and that he got his second wind rounds later to finish the fight strong.

Comment

It's an article not a video, from here at Boxingscene where he said that he grew a little tired in the 5th and 6th rounds, he said it was normal and that he got his second wind rounds later to finish the fight strong.
                      So he grew a "little tired" which he then said is "normal" needs to be amplified where NSB fans say "Alvarez said he was tired in the 5th.."

Cmon man. Don't take statements out of context. The all seeing eye had the dude standing... and that's the biggest body Alvarez has tried to push or wear off in the ring... of course he's going to have an unusual feeling of exhaustion for the first time hitting the scale at 164. Is Golovkin heavier than Chavez Jr.?

Surely you know working different weight masses externally and internally will make a difference. This is 10 lbs more Alvarez had move of himself in the ring (fundamentally speaking of the weigh in difference from 154-155).

We will see a more comfortable Alvarez at 160.

Comment

Working...
                      X