No announcement yet.

Wilder-Joshua not happening YET is the RIGHT thing for both fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder-Joshua not happening YET is the RIGHT thing for both fighters

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I am a Brit and a Joshua fan, anyone who knows me on here knows that.

But when you guys think about it logically from BOTH teams perspective this is the right decision, as long as they both keep winning. This story has been going on for about a year for hardcore boxing fans, but casuals are only just starting to hear about it now.

Neither guy is peaking marketability wise yet.

As a Joshua fan, Ive been saying the same thing since summer last year, first of all the initial Wilder accusations about Joshua ducking him after Ortiz were bogus made up propaganda, and he's been using Joshua's name ever since to build his own profile.

Secondly, I feel like Joshua shouldn't be taking the fight right now from a sporting perspective, Wilder is peaking, Joshua is not, he finds himself in a similar position to Canelo vs GGG, where Canelo was still gaining experience and size, obviously the size thing doesn't apply to Joshua but experience, skill, defence, IQ, he is improving these at a rapid rate every fight. Could he win the fight today? Yes absolutely, but the longer it takes, the more the odds move further into Joshua's favour.

Of course I want to see the fight next, but when logic prevails and both sides of fans are done puffing their chests out, you should see the merit in the fact that both fighters need to build their profile in the US, particularly Wilder being the American fighter and the delay helps Joshua.

Nah, it should happen next but I blame both sides and both Joshua and Wilder have some gay ass fans. I like both of them but it's really old.

Comment

it wont happen til 2021 late or mid 2022 but us may be in a full sledge war with iran by then so who knows.

Comment

You’re right...the fight should be made when Joshua is peaking and wilder is in decline, just like canelo vs ggg. That way when aj wins a razor close decision, we can get on here and talk about how wilder got beat up, dominated etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          Before anyone jumps down my throat, I am a Brit and a Joshua fan, anyone who knows me on here knows that.

But when you guys think about it logically from BOTH teams perspective this is the right decision, as long as they both keep winning. This story has been going on for about a year for hardcore boxing fans, but casuals are only just starting to hear about it now.

Neither guy is peaking marketability wise yet.

As a Joshua fan, Ive been saying the same thing since summer last year, first of all the initial Wilder accusations about Joshua ducking him after Ortiz were bogus made up propaganda, and he's been using Joshua's name ever since to build his own profile.

Secondly, I feel like Joshua shouldn't be taking the fight right now from a sporting perspective, Wilder is peaking, Joshua is not, he finds himself in a similar position to Canelo vs GGG, where Canelo was still gaining experience and size, obviously the size thing doesn't apply to Joshua but experience, skill, defence, IQ, he is improving these at a rapid rate every fight. Could he win the fight today? Yes absolutely, but the longer it takes, the more the odds move further into Joshua's favour.

Of course I want to see the fight next, but when logic prevails and both sides of fans are done puffing their chests out, you should see the merit in the fact that both fighters need to build their profile in the US, particularly Wilder being the American fighter and the delay helps Joshua.
          I agree that waiting to fight Wilder benefits AJ because he is younger and will get better while Wilder will just get older and is probably as good as he will ever be.

Comment

I have given up wanting fight to happen this year.....when it gets made it gets made.
            Still some cracking fights this year to get excited for.

Comment

OMFG can we boxing fans stop normalizing this, just stop it please, Logic is for the fight to happen now before one of these guys lose

Comment

Working...
              X