Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Prez: Andy Ruiz Not Losing Belt, Will Be at Stake in Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
    It is the WBO's turn to enforce a mandatory. The IBF has no reason to strip Ruiz because it's not their turn.
    I’ve been hearing it’s the WBO’s turn, but the IBF already had their final eliminator and have a mandatory. The WBO hasn’t and doesn’t.

Probably because Schwartz is #2 in their rankings and Fury is #3 so it’s obvious who will be #1 on Monday morning.

Comment

I'm glad the WBO aren't stripping Ruiz, he won the belts fairly and deserves the chance to defend them all in the rematch. Whoever wins that will likely have to get the WBO mandatory signed straight away though, which by that point will probably be Usyk. If a WBO champion moves up in weight, they always seem to get made automatic mandatory challenger once they've had 1 fight at the new weight.
      If I had my tin-foil hat on I'd say this is all playing out to a hidden agenda. End of 2019 will be Wilder-Ruiz II and Joshua-Ruiz II. Spring/Summer 2020 will be Wilder-Fury II and Joshua-Usyk. The earliest we could see an Undisputed fight will be the end of 2020, and that will rely on Wilder winning both his rematches, Joshua beating Ruiz without a 3rd fight being demanded, then not getting outboxed by Usyk. Any trilogies or further rematches would push it back into 2021 at minimum, probably longer as I can't see re-match clauses being allowed to delay mandatory challengers after Joshua-Ruiz II.

Comment

To be fair maybe Tyson Fury was just repeating something that Frank Warren or Bob Arum mentioned to him.

We know what lying snakes those guys can be.

Comment

Fury doesnt need a mando spot to secure AJ or Ruiz. They'd both take. Is this promotion for the next fight maybe?

Comment

Usyk is dumb. He should have claimed his right for WBO belt ASAP. Now this dumbass will wait forever:
            - If Ruiz wins he might defend titles against Pulev instead of Usyk and then fight Wilder;
            - If Ruiz wins he might fight Wilder and loose WBO belt which Usyk could ask for 1 fight earlier!;
            - If AJ wins he might cash out fighting Fury/Wilder insted of risking loosing again;
            - If AJ wins he might fight Pulev or Usyk and it won't be same cash fight as could be before anyway.

RESULT: USYK = DUMB, His PROMOTER KRASYUK = DUMB.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              Nobody should be surprised. No one talks out of there ass more than Tyson Fury
              Are you that dense?

Clearly Fury was fed this line of BS by Arum, Arum does have a special relationship with the WBO, a fact that raised eyebrows when Fury made the statement, gave the claim added credibility, this is a blow to Fury, he is shut out, Ruiz is headed straight to Wilder after he stops Joshua again, Haymon is no fool, Wilder will be steered right into the fight, and since Fury "didn't sign", that agreed upon rematch is no longer an impediment.

Fury is going to end up fighting another Tamato Can next time out, Wilder and Ruiz, will be fighting for the undisputed HW championship of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                I'm glad the WBO aren't stripping Ruiz, he won the belts fairly and deserves the chance to defend them all in the rematch. Whoever wins that will likely have to get the WBO mandatory signed straight away though, which by that point will probably be Usyk. If a WBO champion moves up in weight, they always seem to get made automatic mandatory challenger once they've had 1 fight at the new weight.
                If I had my tin-foil hat on I'd say this is all playing out to a hidden agenda. End of 2019 will be Wilder-Ruiz II and Joshua-Ruiz II. Spring/Summer 2020 will be Wilder-Fury II and Joshua-Usyk. The earliest we could see an Undisputed fight will be the end of 2020, and that will rely on Wilder winning both his rematches, Joshua beating Ruiz without a 3rd fight being demanded, then not getting outboxed by Usyk. Any trilogies or further rematches would push it back into 2021 at minimum, probably longer as I can't see re-match clauses being allowed to delay mandatory challengers after Joshua-Ruiz II.
                Sounds like all the current top dogs will be gray headed grandpas before they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
                  Sounds like all the current top dogs will be gray headed grandpas before they fight.
                  Call me cynical, but I've expected exactly that for some time. Generally, HW's can extend their career's longer than the smaller guys but the longer the wait the greater the chance of upsets.
                  As Joshua-Ruiz proved there are no nailed on outcomes when guys are throwing 230Lbs plus at each other. Sometimes the underdog has an especially big fire lit up their ass, sometimes the favorite is sick/injured/depressed/complacent.

Comment

Fury getting caught lying? won't be the last time this happens

Comment

Working...
                    X