No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Pumped Over KO Win: I Feel Great, Like a New Baby

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Gennady has been out for nine months so he was obviously carrying they guy because he felt he was not a threat or danger to him.

He would have love to get in some extra rounds in order shake off some of that ring rust. However, the guy he was challenging was handpicked and just too limited and overmatched for him.

I am pretty sure if he could have gone an extra four or five rounds he would have been very pleased.
    he should have choosen a decent opponent then...

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
      I'm not sure why people were expecting Golovkin to jump in with some killer in a comeback fight.
      Where was this criticism when Canelo fought Rocky Fielding?
      It was swept under the carpet by the Canelo apologists.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
        At least Fielding was in a higher division and much bigger than Canelo who started his career at welterweight. Plus Fielding is a top 10 super-midddle weight. Canelo has also fought 3 times in less than a year. All 3 top ten contenders and GGG and Jacob's the best middleweights.

GGG on the other hand just fought a 36 yr old bum. Canelo moves up to a new weight class and fights a top ten fighter. GGG too scared to move up a full weight class so he has a fight at 164lbs against a guy who is not even ranked in the top #100.

So tell me with the above noted resume who is the greater fighter?
        I don't like calling fighters bums. Fielding was vastly overrated and didn't have a clue how to impose his size which was his biggest asset on Canelo. He wouldn't beat Rolls in matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
          a comeback fight 3 months after a war is understandable, 9 months later is pure bull****...
          After 9 months out, a soft touch makes all the sense in the world imho.

Comment

After 9 months out, a soft touch makes all the sense in the world imho.
            CANELO FOUGHT GGG AFTER A YEAR OUT... when most in here said he wouldnt.... ggg did not have a valid reason to stay out 9 months and then waste more time fighting a scrub, unless he was severely injured from the canelo rematch and needed months to recover...

Comment

CANELO FOUGHT GGG AFTER A YEAR OUT... when most in here said he wouldnt.... ggg did not have a valid reason to stay out 9 months and then waste more time fighting a scrub, unless he was severely injured from the canelo rematch and needed months to recover...
              Let's see. His wife had a baby. He was negotiating a new broadcasting deal. He was debating firing his trainer. He was disillusioned and pissed off by the decision in his last fight. Sounds reasonable to me that he was motivated motovated to fight at that point.
              Last edited by TonyGe; 06-09-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Canelo was also caught doping.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  Let's see. His wife had a baby. He was negotiating a new broadcasting deal. He was debating firing his trainer. He was disillusioned and pissed off by the decision in his last fight. Sounds reasonable to me that he was motivated to fight at that point.
                  was ggg the one pregnant? his wife gave birth on mid january, he could have fought late december or late february, not like he needed much training for the rolls of the world, and also many fighters miss those events often, canelo did it last time he fought ggg...
                  canelo also negotiated a contract and he was fighting by december again, ggg wasted time no other way to put it....
                  Last edited by icha; 06-09-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Canelo was also caught doping.
                    yeah, but still fought ggg right away when he was back from the suspension without using the time off excuse.... and i repeat many in this forum said he wouldnt do it , they said he will fight a tune up to make ggg wait and age be more of a factor...

Comment

yeah, but still fought ggg right away when he was back from the suspension without using the time off excuse.... and i repeat many in this forum said he wouldnt do it , they said he will fight a tune up to make ggg wait and age be more of a factor...
                      I certainly wasn't one of those people and I don't see a six month drug ban as a reasonable excuse. It's akin to a postponement through injury.
                      He already made GGG wait when he threw the belt to go and fight Chavez Jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X