Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets settle this.... Do you think Anthony Joshua quit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
    I don't think he quit. I don't think he knew wtf he was. Ruiz scrambled his noodle.
    i agree with this. i think he was scrambled and exhausted (which kept his arms on the ropes). he didn't quit, but was going to be eaten alive anyway.

Comment

He didn’t say the words, but everything in his body language suggested he didn’t want to continue. It is why the ref decided to stop the fight.
      He gave Joshua every opportunity even when he turned his back on the ref and walked to his corner. He read the body language and knew it was over.

Comment

Originally posted by -Scott.Weiland- View Post
        Cmon we’re trying to settle this right here, what’s your take I saw a guy thoroughly dejected and empty, before the knock downs between the rounds twice im sure I heard him say something to the effect of ‘why do I feel like this’ like he was flat and had zero left, it was like watching David Price all over again the moment AJ fought a guy who could punch back he had to wrestle with an emotion unknown to him, fear, the guy was crippled by it and was basically asking Mc******* ‘why am I scared’ the dude has been so oiled by Hearn and the Sky/Matchroom team he doesn’t know how to ecpress himself without asking or being told.
        Yes and no. There are things fighters do that aren't direct "quits", but will likely result in them losing.
        My classic example is when Victor Ortiz got frustrated and stared performing leaping headbutts into Floyd Mayweather. He new he might be disqualified for it but he'd mentally given up at that point and didn't care. That was a quit, IMO.

AJ was stalling. He thought he could get away with that because he did it in the 3rd round. The ref told him to walk forward in the 3rd and he didn't respond. In the 7th he was trying to buy time again. That said... he knew the risk. He knew the fight might be called off. He was mentally defeated to the point that he was willing to risk a loss to catch a breather.

Like I say, I don't have a big problem with people calling it a quit. Personally, I don't call it a quit but I will say he WASN'T trying to fight.

Comment

He did not quit, but this was the first time in his professional career where? He visibly doubted himself inside the ring. Even when he was knocked down heavy and battered about by Wladimir Kiltschko, I did not see any doubt in his mannerism's only fight 'I just don't think he had a answer for what was happening inside of the ring' and I don't think he liked it at all.

I always remember when Chris Eubank Senior stated 'That during his rematch with Michael Watson, he knew inside of the ring after afew rounds that? He could not beat Michael Watson, it was merely just about surviving and going out in a blaze' Courage is taking on a challenge you know you can't win, and still winning. Sounds ironic but there was a point in that fight against Ruiz Junior where Joshua within himself stopped believing, it is at those points where instinct takes over 'I don't think he quit, but maybe he has shown when put in a really doubtful position? Maybe does not fight as hard or, basically his mind switches off. but yes? I don't think he quit.

If the referee would of let the fight continue, Joshua would of just let his hands go again and probably of been taken out brutally.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.365 View Post
            Josh was outclassed & out of gas so he didn't quit
            lol. not wanting to continue because youre tired is quiting. im not sure if youre serious

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              No. He said he wanted to continue when the ref asked him. And if anyone blames him for not putting his hands up and 'showing' more that he was ready to fight that is just stupid. Joshua was highly likely concussed and out of it, that's why he didn't do all that stuff. The ref should have asked him 'are you sure?' or something like that. Calling this quitting is just hating
              Eh. I got no problem with asking a guy once if he wants to continue, but the thing is its such a loaded question cuz of the anti-quiting culture in boxing you are rarely getting an honest answer cuz I'm sure lotsa guys would rather not continue taking an ass whipping even when they feel like they can turn it around in some cases lol. So for certain guys they can never say "no". Idk if Joshua is one of those guys or not, but I know there are plenty of guys who'd never say "no" even when they can't stand up or reasonable defend themselves.

I think the ref shoulda asked him to raise his hands up & walk forward & we likely wouldn't be having all these conversations right now.

But asking him more questions about wanting to continue isn't solving anything. At least ask him where he is or something to gauge how "there" he is. That makes more sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
                I'm hearing so many things..

He quit

He didn't quit

How do you see it?
                He beat the count and when the ref asked him if he wanted to continue he answered, "Yes" so he obviously didn't quit. He didn't look like he was able to continue, in any effective way, but that's a different thing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                  lol. not wanting to continue because youre tired is quiting. im not sure if youre serious
                  Meh he continued to fight after getting dropped 3 damn times & the ref saved him after the 4th time from getting brain damage since his head was getting smashed up. He isnt Victoria Ortiz so give Josh a break
                  Last edited by Mr.365; 06-04-2019, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                    Isn't it quitting? I mean this whole quitting thing is so mfing stupid in the first place imo, that people can't even agree what quitting is.

As someone said the other day there are various types & levels to quitting. You can quit cuz you're outclassed, cuz you're tired, cuz you're too hurt, cuz you're losing, cuz you can't win, cuz a million f#cking reasons.

Which reasons are okay to quit & which ones aren't okay to quit? I think a bunch of mfers got a bunch of f#cking takes on whats okay or not okay is the thing & few of them make much logical sense to me when you aren't even the one in the ring to be able to know what they've endured or knowing what they are willing to endure at this stage of their life in this unforgiving sport where mfers die & lose pieces of themselves in the ring.

The fact anyone is dogging Joshua for "quitting" (if he even did) after taking an ass beating & getting dropped 4 times & never really regaining his senses after the first knockdown as I see it is f#cking r3tarded. The guy actually showed some solid heart at getting up as many times as he did with the ass beating he was taking & how hopeless it was looking that he could turn it around.

Comment

Yes, as I've stated in a previous thread the moment that Joshua deliberately spat out his mouthpiece on the canvas after the last knockdown sealed the deal for me. He was done; Mentally broken, defeated and definitely wanted out by that time. Even the referee could sense it too.

Comment

Working...
                      X