Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idris Elba Confirmed As 007

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a fan of changing characters race tbh.. but Idris is so good it doesn't matter.. and he would pull it off well.

If they put the likes of John Boyega in (star wars/Pacific rim) that would be another thing.. dude ****ing sucks..

Having said that if they changed it completely and went with a gay or female bond im out

Just not a fan of changing a beloved character due to some PC virtue signalling nonsense.. Make a gay spy film if you want

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
      Gross. A disgrace to 007 if he actually gets cast.
      why is that??

Comment

I just saw he is goin to take over will Smith role in Suicide Squad 2 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Is he going to white up for the role?

Bond is a white guy?

It is embarrassing when the film industry does this.

But what is even worst is when they try and rewrite history with their SJW bull
          tom cruise played "the last Mexican"

other examples

Comment

Glad to see this, he is a very good actor and I happy they are being more open minded with the role.

Personally never cared for James Bond. I never gotten into that secret agent stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
              Not a fan of changing characters race tbh.. but Idris is so good it doesn't matter.. and he would pull it off well.

If they put the likes of John Boyega in (star wars/Pacific rim) that would be another thing.. dude ****ing sucks..

Having said that if they changed it completely and went with a gay or female bond im out

Just not a fan of changing a beloved character due to some PC virtue signalling nonsense.. Make a gay spy film if you want

Was it clearly stated James Bond was a white man ? I know in the books it says he had brown/ black hair. However they casted a blond hair blue eye James Bond so idk how this can be a issue.

Comment

He's gonna kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                  Well ian Fleming described him as being white. Does he ever day that in print in his books? Not that I know of, he never had to. There is an interview where he says he based bond off of a guy named Hoagy Carmichael. Who is caucasian. He also approved of a comic drawing of Bond who showed the agent being white.

That on top of 50 years of bond being played by a white guy. I would say James Bond is white. Maybe Jordan Peele can cast an all black version of 007.
                  In fact Fleming said that Bond "was a compound of all the secret agents and commando types I met during the war"... Among those types were Fleming's brother, Peter, who had been involved in behind-the-lines operations in Norway and Greece during the war Aside from Fleming's brother, a number of others also provided some aspects of Bond's make up, including Conrad O'Brien-ffrench, Patrick Dalzel-Job and Bill "Biffy" Dunderdale...

That's it...

... but if now the Brits would want to cast an Eskimo as James Bond, it's OK as well -- it's their franchise, it's their money...

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    tom cruise played "the last Mexican"

other examples

Yes and they were all criticized.

Can you imagine Brad Pitt being cast as Shaft?

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      Its not that big of a deal.

Bond a fictional character you know...

If he can make a good Bond, then why not?

So you would have zero problem with Brad Pitt playing the fictional character Shaft?

Comment

Working...
                      X