Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premature Stoppages.. Maidana-Lopez or Dawson-Stevenson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both were ok. Dawson could possibly have continued if he had enough balance and consciousness to hold and at least try to protect himself since he had beat the count. Lopez was just getting hit too much. I think I saw 3 hard headshots so that was justifiable.

Comment

Both were premature stoppages.

Comment

I thought they were both decent stoppages.

Comment

Dawson was so far up queer street he was knocking on Elton John's house! But Lopez may still have had some left, it could have gone on a little earlier plus I was enjoying the fight

Comment

Dawson was gone. Lopez needed to throw back or try and hold Maidana. Both good calls.

Comment

None. Lopez would have kept fighting no doubt. But Maidana had him reeling and was easily landing career ending shots on him.

Dawson was done. Couldn't follow directions, out of it done.

Comment

Man he didn't even give Dawson a chance to get punched again. It was the FIRST ROUND.

Comment

Neither would get their hands up. Lopez wouldn't protect himself, Dawson wouldn't listen to the ref.

Comment

None, Dawson's punch resistance has gone and would have got seriously hurt and Knocked out cold from the very next shot.

Lopez was hurt and ready to fall again any second, Ref just saved him from a few more KD's and maybe a KO.

Comment

Dawson was a zombie standing up he couldnt even lift hi arms if i recall he had that dead stiffness to him. He was gone.

Lopez I think should have been given the benefit (though better safe than sorry) since that fight was back and forth where both seemed hurt at points. This type of fight is teally tricky to gauge on if they should continue or not. Lopez should have taken another knee to create space or clinch. The fact he either didnt or couldnt could be reason enough though. Josesito has grown on me so maybe thats the fan in me speaking.
                      I'd rather b ith about an early stoppage than a late one though thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X