Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you expect Fury vs Wilder to be an exciting fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is the last time Wilder been in a boring fight? What would make you even ask this question?

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      When is the last time Wilder been in a boring fight? What would make you even ask this question?
      ....because he's never fought anyone like Fury. He's up against an opponent that can turn this fight into a stinker.

Comment

I definitely see this fight finishing early. As a previous poster said...Wilder doesn't want to get into a points hole. Fury is big enough and strong enough to hold his way to victory if he gets enough rounds up. Wilder wants to win big...Fury just wants to win...any way possible.

Comment

I think it might be a messy fight with a lot of lunging in from Wilder and spoiling from Fury. I think we'll get a much better version of Tyson this time around though with more focus and dedicated boxing ability. Still think he'll do a bit of showboating inbetween as always but I think the result is 50/50. Wilder stoppage or Fury decision.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            ...or will Fury be able to completely shut down Wilder's right hand dance around, winning the fight with his jab and cruise to a point victory like he did against Wlad.

My concern is that Wilder won't get going and will find it hard to deal with Fury's awkward style and spoiler tactic. If that happens it's going to be an ugly fight and not much action.
            For the casuals it’d really be a stinker, and Fury has his best chance to win if it’s a stinker, for the boxing lovers it’d be a tolerable and an understable tactic.
            So it depends on how Fury pulls it off, if it’s bob and weave, counter tie up then dancing like a butterfly I guess us hardcore fans will enjoy it.
            Fury has to sustain it though til 12th that’s why it’s so interesting regardless, as one punch from Wilder can change the tide.

If it’s a total stinker and fury survives til 12th i think it will still be because of his skills, defense and reflexes. So I still would give him credit for that unless he didn’t really came to win.

Comment

It will be boring until the knockout, war Wildher!

Comment

The better the fight the more likely Wilder is winning or won it & the more boring the fight the more likely Fury is winning or won it I think is a safe prognosis to give on that question.

Or the more Fury looks like the Fury who fought Klitschko the more boring it'll be is a safe take on this matchup too.

For me as a fan of both guys I'm more excited for the competitiveness of this matchup than what the entertainment value via excitement might be cuz I think these are two of the best 3 HW's in the world right now & I love seeing top guys fight regardless if the fight is classic Arturo Gatti/Diego Corrales type fun or not.

Comment

I think people will be surprised with how this fight goes. I expect Wilder to box back-foot and try to keep it long where he can get his right hand off, similar to how he boxed vs Ortiz, and hope for Fury to gas.......

Fury's best chance may be to close distance quick and turn the fight dirty inside. He needs to lean all over Wilder every time they tie up and get his short combo's off. Fury could really ragdoll Wilder here as he's much stronger in the clinch.

Comment

Actually I do, Fury would want to make it a boxing match up and that’s in his best interest, but he isn’t the Fury of 2015, unless he has the endurance of those days then I doubt he would be able to dance for 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X