No announcement yet.

The Golovkin detractors are laughably stupid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    He didn't get walked down. Walking a guy down involves on fighter in a constant retreat and the other guy having to go looking for him. Canelo never had to go looking for Golovkin. Golovkin never gave up his position. He boxed Canelo. He never retreated to the ropes or abandoned the center of the ring. He stayed in the center and took a step back or to the side to avoid punches. In the first fight Canelo abandoned the center of the ring and retreated to the ropes. Paulie gave a good description of what happened.

What Sanchez said is what he said. Where did Sanchez come right out and say Gennady lost the fight??? He did not say that in the aftermath. He did say that Gennady didn't fight as instructed. Hello, Canelo didn't fight as instructed by his corner in the first fight and he got an official draw. Able did come out later and said Golovkin won. There are a lot of people fans boxers and trainers that believe Golovkin won a close contest. I've heard trainers tell their fighters when they are ahead that they are losing to motivate them to finish strong. Long story short it was s great fight and IMO Golovkin won it with his jab and boxing ability.
    Only one fighters back touched the ropes during that fight, and it wasnt GGG's.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      There's no hypocrisy here. You never saw Floyd begging any of his opponents to fight a certain way.

Team Golovkin would not shut up about Canelo running and not standing and trading and "Mexican style."

But come fight night Canelo obliges them....and Golovkin is the one who b1tches out!

Frankly that team deserves all the flak they're getting.
      Who gives a sh it what someone says before a fight. Just because Canelo fought a different fight, it doesn't mean he gets the win automatically

Comment

I had it 7-5 for GGG but have no issue with a draw or 7-5 Canelo. I thought GGG gave away a few early rounds, and AGAIN he didnt work the body, so he really has nobody to blame but himself.

And props to Canelo for making the adjustments. Even though my card didnt have him winning, he did improve over the last fight whereas GGG fought pretty much the same way.....

Comment

Put them on ignore and move on. You can't fix stupid.

Comment

Working...
          X