Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official: "Good Boy" Golovkin vs "Canelo" Alvarez II RbR Thread - Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
    7-5 either way or a draw is reasonable.

People need to stop crying robbery after every fight.
    This! 100 ****ing percent! Green K

Comment

I don't ever want to see Golovkin vs Alvarez II. It is my opinion that any close fights should not get rematches. Personally I'd prefer to see Golovkin-Murray II.

Or if Golovkin would like to take some time off he can come over to my place and make me his good boy.

Comment

It's funny, based on the comments on the site since the fight you'd think this poll would be 90% Golovkin.

And yet it's not.

Comment

Canelo outboxes him again!

GGG will have to take more risks if he wants to win which unfortunately will leave many more opportunities for Canelo to counter him even more cleanly!

People talk about GGG not going to the body but if he did then Canelo will counter him with one his best punches which is the uppercut either to the body or head!

Did you see what happened when they fought on the inside? Canelo was being first and as soon as GGG opened up Canelo most of the time made him miss and then either made him pay or made GGG back up away from the counter!

Canelo's stamina was impressive considering most thought it's what would lead him to get knocked out but even when tired he still found a second wind and went back to countering in the middle of the ring!

Canelo can improve on stamina, going downstairs more(i thought he stunned GGG once with a right hook to the body) and returning fire more after making GGG miss!

Great tactical chess boxing match with some fireworks here and there!

Comment

The boxer usually does better in the rematch, so I give albino ginger the edge. But Canelo has been hitting the weights too hard. His muscles are huge but his gas tank is horrible. So who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
              I just watched it again with no commentary and nobody influencing me (like when you watch with people) and I had Canelo winning 116-113. That was a close 116-113 though, I could see someone having GGG winning by a point or a draw, but in NO WAY was this a robbery. My main reason for scoring it for him was he was just landing harder punches. Yeah GGG was throwing more but he was missing a ton and didn't hurt Saul once. At first I just thought it was the GGGroupies who were crying robbery but now I see even more people saying he clearly won. I suggest some of you watch it without the HBO cheerleading. It'll seem TOTALLY different.

Two things stuck out - First of all how easy Canelo made Triple G miss and then how he got tired which allowed the fight become closer than it would've been if his conditioning was better. Plus he kept letting GGG back him up on the ropes but barely threw any uppercuts, that could've been the key punch in this fight and we barely saw it. Either way I favor Canelo in the rematch. I feel like this fight GGG kept doing the same thing over and over and he never capitalized on it. Maybe because he was giving too much respect or whatever but he'll do better next time for sure because he'll be confident from this fight. I dunno what GGG can do differently to be honest. Besides be more aggressive, his average defense really got exposed in this fight. I also thought he looked plodding/slow at times.
              Hmm... Canelo never hurt Golovkin once in the fight but Golovkin not hurting Canelo counts against him. I thought G looked plodding at times also but that doesn't count in the scoring. Canelo looked fatigued. Canelo gave up the center of the ring where he was being successful. That does count against him because he had to. He was being bossed by Golovkin and for the most part had to fight at Golovkin's pace. When he gave up ground he didn't score enough to make up for being forced to the ropes. I had G comfortably ahead. Canelo also had a lot of his punches blocked.

Comment

it will be similar to cotto vs margarito

in the 1st fight, cotto wasted a lot of energy unnecessarily bouncing around and moving
                thats exactly what canelo did wrong vs 3g

in the rematch, cotto didnt bounce around and moved left/right
                canelo will make the same adjustment

canelo was safe on the ropes since 3g was an ineffective headhunter.

Comment

How often have two top 2 guys in a division fought a rematch & the 5+ year older, 30+ guy won the rematch? Idk & I can't even think of anything off of the top of my head.

Certainly couldn't have happened a lot so it'd be a nice lil score for older boxers beyond a GGG win if he could achieve that.

Rooting on this happening in May cuz marinating is bs, but I'm expecting September cuz boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    If Golovkin goes to the body.
                    Has anyone seen Abel get asked why going to the body wasn't a part of their strategy? That seems like a obvious move for a guy who's got a questionable gas tank at best.

That would for sure be a smart thing to add for the rematch strategy thats for damn sure.

Comment

Not even a Canelo fan really but I can't help but feel for his safety, no man should be subject to the kind of punishment that he would have to endure going into another fight with a monster like Golovkin...

Comment

Working...
                      X