Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez vs Whitaker - Worst Robbery in Boxing History?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez vs Whitaker - Worst Robbery in Boxing History?

Just watched the fight for the first time today and I couldn't believe that Whitaker didn't get the decision. It stunk of Don King corruption. I can't remember my scorecard exactly, but I had Whitaker winning by at least four rounds, probably more.

Opinions?

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
    Just watched the fight for the first time today and I couldn't believe that Whitaker didn't get the decision. It stunk of Don King corruption. I can't remember my scorecard exactly, but I had Whitaker winning by at least four rounds, probably more.

Opinions?

It was one of them. There are too many others in boxing history to say it was the absolute worst. Whitaker-Ramirez one was just as bad if not worst.

Comment

I had it about 115-113 or 116-112, or maybe 116-113 for Whitaker.

Certainly not the worst robbery Ive ever seen, but one of the most meaningful ones. Ive seen far, far worse decisions before.
      besides, in the end Whitaker still kept his belt because of the draw. Could have been much worse, really.

honestly, it was a pretty entertaining fight. Too bad theres so much negative publicity on it due to the bad decision.
      I thought it was funny when Whitaker was pushing Cortez out of the way and Cortez got all wah-wah about it.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
        I thought it was funny when Whitaker was pushing Cortez out of the way and Cortez got all wah-wah about it.
        Yeah lol, and it was hardly even a push :/ he just moved his arm out the way.

Comment

Had it 12-0 Whitaker but 5 rounds were close. Reminds me of Campillo vs Shumenov II.

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
            Had it 12-0 Whitaker but 5 rounds were close. Reminds me of Campillo vs Shumenov II.
            A robbery, yes.....but 12-0 for Sweet Pea? No way.

Poet

Comment

12-0 is a completely justifiable score when you stop trying to give Chavez rounds simply because he did better than in the last round.

Comment

12-0 is a completely justifiable score when you stop trying to give Chavez rounds simply because he did better than in the last round.

You do realize that clowning and mugging DOESN'T count in the scoring right?

Poet

Comment

Yes I do, I believe I recorded my reasoning for each round some time ago...let me whip it up.

Comment

Yes I do, I believe I recorded my reasoning for each round some time ago...let me whip it up.
                    This should be interesting......at least give your reasoning when making taking a controversial position

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X