Corrales
    Cotto
    Berto
    Marquez
    Hernandez
    Hoyas

Duran best wins
    Leonard

Depends on the year of the fight. I always thought Duran was a good match up for FMW to win. Hearns and Leonard beatt he breaks off of FMW

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      I don't know what the fvvck you are babbliing about here. But I know that your ass got beat 4-0 in our debate that proved your conspiracy theory to be absolutely shlt. You got DESTROYED

TELL US AGAIN ABOUT HOW EPO IS A THRESHOLD SUBSTANCE AND TESTING HAS A THRESHOLD ABOVE WHICH IT CAN BE SAID THERE IS EPO BECAUSE EPO EXISTS NATURALLY IN THE HUMAN BODY.

THAT GC/MS IS GOING TO MEASURE IF IT'S ABOVE THAT THRESHOLD, RIGHT? LMAOOOOOOO.

OHHH, BY THE WAY, HAVE YOU DECIDED IF YOU'RE MAN ENOUGH TO ACCEPT YOUR OWN CHALLENGE?????

DEFLECTO!!!

There are 2 threads whereby YOU, DUCKY, have been QUACKING yet you are here pretending that you have no idea what this is about???

185+ pages and still DUCKING!!!!

LIAR!!!!

You are SCARED DUCKY!!!!

via GIPHY

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
        Cotto nor Mosley were at prime. Floyd “retired” when cotto was up to fight Floyd the first time. He came back to Cotto after he took a couple l’s.
        Floyd wasn’t in his prime either lmaooooo. I guess Floyd doesn’t age and didn’t Mosley go on vacation and use his tooth as an excuse to duck Floyd?

https://youtu.be/OPJhvYXKZK8

All those cowards were running scared when Floyd was at the lower weights. Facts.
        Last edited by THEFRESHBRAWLER; 10-10-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Don't forget, the Hagler loss was due to Duran fighting one-handed for most of that fight. He injured his hand on Hagler's forehead in the 5th round of a 15 round fight. In fact, by the end of the 13th, Duran was actually ahead on two of the scorecards, so he likely gets a win over Hagler if that is a 12 round fight.

Meanwhile, I still contend that Floyd lost to Castillo I, DLH and Maidana I.
          Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
          Ha another credit to Duran and old school fighters. They these new guys know about 15 round fights? Not a got damn thing.

Lmao Duran career is just one big excuse. Y’all have excuses for every one of his losses, excuses for him quitting. He lost to Hagler and got KTFO by Hearns because he wasn’t as good as them it’s just that simple. You fake boxing fans are now giving credit for fighters taking fights and losing them lol. Fact is he Quit versus SRL and lost to Hagler and Hearns. His name shouldn’t even be mentioned with them tbh he went 1-4 against them. Ok Floyd lost to those 3 fighters now name all the bums and fighters Duran lost to. Floyd would never lost to nobody named Kirkland Laing

Comment

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
            Older generation fighters are always over rated. I think BoxRec has the most accurate ATG rankings and Duran is not even in the top25. For some reason fans thinks losses don’t matter when it comes to their favorite fighters lol.

How about those that say that they "Earned" who they can cherry pick and avoids "risky" fights? Should we be removing them from this list?

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
              He had a day of weakness. He want mentally weak. He had 119 fights. How can you conceivably call him weak minded. He had a tumultuous life. We can excuse one day.
              Once a quitter always a quitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

DEFLECTO!!!

There are 2 threads whereby YOU, DUCKY, have been QUACKING yet you are here pretending that you have no idea what this is about???

185+ pages and still DUCKING!!!!

LIAR!!!!

You are SCARED DUCKY!!!!

via GIPHY

WHAT YOU MEAN IS THAT THERE ARE 2 THREADS WHERE YOU ARE DUCKING ME!

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED. STATE IT ANYWAY YOU WANT TO THE JUDGES. PERMANENT BAN AND ALL POINTS.

LET'S GO BlTCH. WHAT EXCUSE ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE NOW. LET'S DO IT RIGHT NOW. YOU READY?

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  How about those that say that they "Earned" who they can cherry pick and avoids "risky" fights? Should we be removing them from this list?
                  That’s all a matter of opinion. We’re talking about something that is facts. And those 16losses on Duran record are facts no matter how much you try to spin it. He lost to some bums that Floyd would never lose to. He pathetically quit like a coward Floyd would never do that he’s not mentally weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    Lmao Duran career is just one big excuse. Y’all have excuses for every one of his losses, excuses for him quitting. He lost to Hagler and got KTFO by Hearns because he wasn’t as good as them it’s just that simple. You fake boxing fans are now giving credit for fighters taking fights and losing them lol. Fact is he Quit versus SRL and lost to Hagler and Hearns. His name shouldn’t even be mentioned with them tbh he went 1-4 against them. Ok Floyd lost to those 3 fighters now name all the bums and fighters Duran lost to. Floyd would never lost to nobody named Kirkland Laing
                    I think Duran's name is fine being mentioned with them and I'd say it's a stretch to say he wasn't as good as Hagler and Hearns. Hagler's my guy but the fact Duran ran Hagler (in his prime) close when Duran was multiple weight classes up and years past his best is a great performance. This is the era of same day weigh-in's too so harder to do the weigh-hopping stuff. Was Joey Maxim better than Sugar Ray Robinson? I think the newbie fan mentality of today would have to say yes.

I think it would be fair to assume Floyd would never fight Hearns and Hagler and he certainly wouldn't beat them at 154 and 160 respectively. I don't think he'd ever get a win over Leonard either. You can say Duran is a coward and mentally weak but we still don't know what Floyd's mentality is like and that's astonishing. He was the shot caller in the sport in an era were the A side stuff meant most yet he never fought a great fighter near their prime. Maybe Floyd was just smarter when to fight guys? Floyd was never an undisputed champion for example.

Would Duran go life and death with Castillo, Maidana and washed-up De La Hoya in title fights? I really don't think so. Did Floyd ever win a title fight against an opponent as good as the versions of Buchanan, DeJesus, Leonard that Duran fought for example?

A lot of Duran's losses were non-title fights and fights well beyond his prime and his division (in an era where division hopping was way harder). Non-title fight losses in prior years didn't hurt as bad as the noobie fan seems to think. A lot of the time it was almost treated like pre-season games. I remember reading the way the great Carlos Ortiz talked about a robbery draw he had in Argentina against the great Niccolino Locche that he didn't even care he got robbed because it was almost like a practice match to him. If you look at Duran's title fight losses they aren't terrible - Benitez, Hearns, Hagler, Leonard and Joppy aged 47. Like I said I don't think Floyd was the type of fighter to even take those fights let alone win them. Especially in a day of same-day weigh in's and clearly being much further from his prime and optimum weight than all those guys.

Comment

• Some good debates in this thread; some good points made on both sides of the argument. I was always a fan of Duran. I remember when he beat Carlos Palomino, and most of his fights thereafter. I recognize there’s a nostalgia element, but there’s also a “current day” element. It’s difficult to compare different eras in any sport, but one thing I’m sure of: the ATGs would’ve thrived in any era. They are/were special people.

For whatever it’s worth, here’s my two cents on this topic, in condensed form: Floyd benefited from marketing and matchmaking in a way that Duran simply did not. The “zero” was elevated to a degree never before seen under Mayweather. It’s a product of his propaganda machine. That’s not to say Floyd isn’t great, just that he’s managed to create an illusion of a greatness further than the reality. Perhaps the same can be said of Roberto, except Duran didn’t actively cultivate this image himself. In the end, I believe both belong on the top 25 ATG list, with Duran in the top ten, and Floyd somewhere underneath.

Comment

Working...
                      X