Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the hell was 23yr old Yory Boy 56-0, 50 KOs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the hell was 23yr old Yory Boy 56-0, 50 KOs?

I don't care if most of them were tomato cans or not (some were undefeated), to be only 23yrs old and have 56 professional fights already? Wtf?

I was rewatching Yory Boy vs Trinidad, man, they don't make em like they used to.

He started fighting at 15. And I'm guessing he just fought monthly or something

Comment

He fought some great opposition. Haha. That guy can hit though.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
        I was rewatching Yory Boy vs Trinidad, man, they don't make em like they used to.
        Tomato cans aside, I agree. While Yory Boy is an extreme example I'd rather see guys stay busy against "bums" instead of just not fighting

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
          I don't care if most of them were tomato cans or not (some were undefeated), to be only 23yrs old and have 56 professional fights already? Wtf?

What I remember about that fight was the short hook he dropped Trinidad with. I know Trinidad was known for being floored in almost every fight, but man the short hook was impressive to be able to deliver such power in that short of a whined up.

Comment

As Greg Haugen once said about JCC's opposition: A lot of Tijuana taxi drivers.

Comment

Because Campos was a BAD MAN.

But seriously, they still bring guys along like that at first, but by about fight 15-20 they step up the competition. Because he was so young, I guess they held off and let him keep learning his craft in the ring against cans.

If you look at his record, he got 30 fights in a little over three years. A third of them were fighting in their debut, 9 of them had zero wins, and only 4 of them had (****ty) winning records. From there he graduated from fighting guys with almost no record to fighting guys with terrible records until fight #43, which as for the NABF title.

Someone put a lot of time, money and love into bring old Yori Boy along, no doubt. But it paid off.

Comment

A lot of fighters in Mexico skip the amateur system for the most part. So while young fighters here are training for the gloves, there training fir there next pro fight.

And instead of gaining experience in amateur fights, there gaining experience in the gym, or even unsanctioned fights that don't count on there record.

Canelo is good example of that too, I think he went straight to pro.

Also, Yory is a bad mother fcker, he just happened to fight at a time when there was a lot of bad mother fckers, and he got no shine.

Comment

In Mexico you can go pro when you turn 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
                    As Greg Haugen once said about JCC's opposition: A lot of Tijuana taxi drivers.
                    And after Chavez carried Haugen just to beat him some more-- he asked him in "so, do you still think I can only beat cab drivers?"

Comment

Working...
                    X