Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: It's About Entertaining Fans, So I Fight Mexican Style

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
    As soon as he faced Jacob's and
    Canelo he looked ordinary....
    You mean Canelo is ordinary since he controversially drew with GGG & Jacob's is a step below even that? Wouldn't that mean all the opponents they've beaten in the past have also been less than ordinary.

Guess Canelo & Jacob's had off nights then? Not as if each fought the best we've seen either to date as most analysts think?

Tough to raise your man's stock with that way of thinking.

Comment

i initially thought that the term mexican style was just created by the donkey abel just to mocked canelo. lmao

ggg never mentioned any of those mexican stuff back in the past, when he was fighting non mexican dudes. and now since he's fighting a PPV guy from mexico then all of a sudden he and his donkey daddy has been all over the news telling people they loved to brawl like a mejicano? lol sounds like they just want to be in the sports headline

Comment

Phuck mexican style !!! Mike Tyson style is the most entertaining style !!!

Comment

Sorry Gennady, but you lost some respect when you wasted time chasing Canelo around like a dog on heat - when you could have been carving out your own career by fighting Saunders, or anyone other than Vanes.

Vanes was just a sparring session, all due respect to him - but he was never going to be a match for GGG.

Now we will have to wait probably another ten years to see a 160-pound undisputed champion.

I partially blame the IBF for that, as they have got into the habit of stripping unified holders far too quickly, the Crawford stripping was ridiculous.

And now, because you chased Canelo, wasted time, and danced to his tune he's going to get the decision come fight night, and that is BAD news.

Imagine what Golden Boy and Canelo would do with three belts?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            Pretty much this plus like another poster said he fights that way because he doesn’t know how to fight any other way. Not really a knock on him cause it’s worked so far in his career I would just like to see a little adjustments on his part he doesn’t have to turn into Floyd or jmm

this ^^

agree with both points

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
              Sorry Gennady, but you lost some respect when you wasted time chasing Canelo around like a dog on heat - when you could have been carving out your own career by fighting Saunders, or anyone other than Vanes.

Vanes was just a sparring session, all due respect to him - but he was never going to be a match for GGG.

Now we will have to wait probably another ten years to see a 160-pound undisputed champion.

I partially blame the IBF for that, as they have got into the habit of stripping unified holders far too quickly, the Crawford stripping was ridiculous.

And now, because you chased Canelo, wasted time, and danced to his tune he's going to get the decision come fight night, and that is BAD news.

Imagine what Golden Boy and Canelo would do with three belts?

that's up to you, and I agree that they have been quick on the trigger in the past.... but Golovkin could have easily fought Derevy instead of Vanes....

.... or even better, Saunders

they had PLENTY of time, so I don't feel sorry for him at all

1) they were never stuck with Vanes, they had better options
              2) the other options they considered, Spike and Munguia, were also cherry-picks..... considering the fact that 3/4 better guys would have stepped in..... one of them being a unification to determine an undisputed champ

that is the 3rd most bizarre (inexplicably unjustifiable) decision that I have ever seen within boxing..... bizarre

as soon as Saunders said he was available, there was only one fight to make..... nobody else should have even been considered

Comment

as soon as Saunders said he was available, there was only one fight to make..... nobody else should have even been considered

e.g.

when Joshua lost his pen, Wilder selected Fury..... not Bellew

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                  those were not ppv
                  Neither was Wilder vs. Ortiz, but more people watched GGG vs. Martirosyan than Wilder vs. Ortiz! That's saying a lot about GGG!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    that's up to you, and I agree that they have been quick on the trigger in the past.... but Golovkin could have easily fought Derevy instead of Vanes....

.... or even better, Saunders

they had PLENTY of time, so I don't feel sorry for him at all

1) they were never stuck with Vanes, they had better options
                    2) the other options they considered, Spike and Munguia, were also cherry-picks..... considering the fact that 3/4 better guys would have stepped in..... one of them being a unification to determine an undisputed champ

that is the 3rd most bizarre (inexplicably unjustifiable) decision that I have ever seen within boxing..... bizarre

Saunders admitted he could not make the May 5 date. So how was he available other than delaying the Canelo fight till the spring. By the way Golovkin and Saunders had an agreement to fight if the Canelo fight fell through. Use you head for more than a hat rack...

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
                      You, like Golovkin, seem to be completely obsessed
                      with Saul Alvarez. You talk as if Canelo deserves zero
                      respect, but then you only seem to be able to assess
                      GGG's worth by comparing him to Canelo.

You seem to be saying that you think Golovkin is great
                      simply because you think Canelo is not great.
                      I did not mention Canelo in my comment whatsoever,
                      but your whole reply was about Canelo.
                      That's the definition of obsession.
                      NO!
                      I gave my opinion based on their alleged "facts"
                      this is boxing not a fan club!
                      and for the record just like you
                      I did not mention canelo's name once I gave you the facts and you made a conclusion. well done. the answer was canelo.
                      Last edited by Catrin; 08-22-2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X