Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Fury Fight Nearly Done; 'Way Bigger' Than Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be happy to see this fight! I just pray TF looks somewhere back to his best.

saw him on the pads this week, he looks so sharp. So let's see in the fight.

Comment

The bigger fight could be AJ vs the winner of this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
        I think this is probably a major factor. I honestly believe McCracken is far from stupid and obviously knows more about fighter progression and development than Hearn, and very possibly has been honest with Hearn at some point and whispered too him behind the scenes that AJ needs a couple more years/fights worth of development.

The Martin title shot was easy pickings and Eddie himself admitted the Klitschko fight was a huge gamble. It all paid off, fair play. But after it did pay off, they’ve wound up with him having a few belts but not actually being ‘the man’ and so began treating AJ incredibly preciously and going to all costs to keep what they earned from the gambles they took the other year. Makes sense from business standpoints but not really from one of honour or pride. Therefore you see what we see now, the public is shifting is impression on AJ massively lately in my opinion.
        Do you think that the signature for the 3 year contract extension will see risks being taken?

I didn't really agree before that Eddie was milking AJ but you have probably swayed my opinion there. Everyone wants a piece of AJ at the moment and Hearn must be rubbing his hands together so yeah, he probably is saving AJ to make as much cash as possible. AJ may not see what Hearn is doing or he could be like 'Ok, one loss is enough to change my career, I want a guaranteed £100m before I take a fight with Wilder or Fury', he probably believes he is worth that. That could be Hearn hyping it or the people around him, who knows?

I still don't think he ducked Wilder. There is so much noise and rhetoric coming from Wilder and Hearn that its more just a social media/PR war. Wilder got in there first so its natural that people believe the first thing they hear so fair play to Wilder for doing that.

I don't see the Fury/Wilder fight as a bad thing for AJ/Hearn, the subsequent fight will be hyped twice as much but I believe it will be a 50/50 regardless of who wins.

Comment

Well there's been 'three kings' of the HW division since Klitch domination ended so awesome if we finally see two of them get it on. Fury is bookies favourite despite boxing 4 rounds in 2 years.

I agree that this should be staged in Vegas. PPV makes it worth it. Fury has a bit of a cult following in the UK (finished 4th in the SPOTY award despite the ****phobic comments controversy at the time) and should still get travelling numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
            I'm still not convinced. He was also signed to rematch Wlad. Fury could very well chicken out AGAIN, and go back into hiding and crying. Or he could fail another ped test. He has tested dirty three times, and kicked testers out refusing to give a sample another time. This isn't like Canelo who has been enrolled in VADA testing for years and only failed one test. Tyson has a short pro career, but a rather lengthy wrap sheet for failing tests.

I hope the fight gets made and actually happens, but Fury could change his mind or decide to cheat at any given time.

Still, Fury does realize the entire world is laughing at the U.K. for AJ's unabashed cowardice. "I'll sign a contract in one day for $50 million." Wilder says ok, deal, and AJ comes back with "Nah, I was just kidding, I don't want to fight you." The most obvious duck in the history of boxing.
            Can you post a link to the article that your quote was taken from.

Comment

Wilder is smart. He is dispatching a wounded animal, one less link in the chain.

Also one less man to beat him in the AJ sweepstakes. It will do his reputation a world of good when he smashes this ***** c*nt to the canvas.

Comment

Fury is going to make Wilder look like a massive chump. Wilder has never faced anyone as tricky as Fury, regardless of fitness or lack of fights, he will win on points, he doesn't need the KO, he just needs the win then its BYE BYE DEONTAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                  I think I'll take the trip to Vegas for this one. Let's see if it's finalized.

Big move if it happens.
                  He said and I will quote this fight is bigger than the Joshua fight. Do you agree or do you think he is lying?simple yes or no will suffice.

This deal is done and both parties look over the moon and by the sounds of it a contract can be drawn up, yet there is no date on when the fight will take place or a exact location. Sounds familiar but the difference is they all respect and like each other.

Personally I don’t care what comes out of Wilders mouth or Aj’s , I’m here for the fans😜.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
                    I'm still not convinced. He was also signed to rematch Wlad. Fury could very well chicken out AGAIN, and go back into hiding and crying. Or he could fail another ped test. He has tested dirty three times, and kicked testers out refusing to give a sample another time. This isn't like Canelo who has been enrolled in VADA testing for years and only failed one test. Tyson has a short pro career, but a rather lengthy wrap sheet for failing tests.

I hope the fight gets made and actually happens, but Fury could change his mind or decide to cheat at any given time.

Still, Fury does realize the entire world is laughing at the U.K. for AJ's unabashed cowardice. "I'll sign a contract in one day for $50 million." Wilder says ok, deal, and AJ comes back with "Nah, I was just kidding, I don't want to fight you." The most obvious duck in the history of boxing.
                    Another American romanticising about the 50 million and using his vivid imagination to spice up his narrative

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
                      Fury is going to make Wilder look like a massive chump. Wilder has never faced anyone as tricky as Fury, regardless of fitness or lack of fights, he will win on points, he doesn't need the KO, he just needs the win then its BYE BYE DEONTAY.
                      Hhhmm, I can’t see it personally. I’m actually rooting for Wilder on this one

Comment

Working...
                      X