Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone think Derevyanchenko can beat Jacobs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacobs is a nice guy and I like his cancer survival story, but I've never been sold on him as this great boxer some GGG fans like to pretend. He's at best a B- with decent boxing skills. I'd rate Derevyanchenko in the same category but a little stronger and more solid overall. So I'd go with him.

Jacobs is a little fragile in the ring at times and I could see one hard punch on the chin from this guy flooring him for the count. May the better fighter win.

War Boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by ThelronMike View Post
      Who is this Donate? I need to know so I can smack the piss out of him for saying such blasphemy
      Racist dude who runs a racist boxing channel and has blind followers who don't know the sport so go with what he says as gospel. Funny thing is Dereyvchenko is white too so he's rating him as highly as Hagler, Hearns, Duran etc; (arguable top 20/30 all-time) to prove a point but if Derey beats Jacobs and Charlo he'd suddenly become "garbage" and public enemy #1 for him and his followers.

Comment

I expect Jacobs to easily win. I have never seen the Russian fight but I doubt even a very good boxer could beat the excellent former champion with only 12 pro fights. Not every Eastern European is another Loma.

Comment

Styles make fights

As his monikers goes, Derevyanchenko is a technician; could educated jab, good defense, effectively agresssive when he comes forward, takes a good shot, can find his shots short/mid/long (though he's not a particularly long guy), and has been willing to punch in between your punches.

Jacobs is the better athlete, is likely the bigger puncher, but there are still holes in his game. In the push to be active and dynamic, Jacobs leaves openings to get hit in between shots and get hurt.

Jacobs is rightfully the favorite, but I wouldn't put any money on the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            As his monikers goes, Derevyanchenko is a technician; could educated jab, good defense, effectively agresssive when he comes forward, takes a good shot, can find his shots short/mid/long (though he's not a particularly long guy), and has been willing to punch in between your punches.

Jacobs is the better athlete, is likely the bigger puncher, but there are still holes in his game. In the push to be active and dynamic, Jacobs leaves openings to get hit in between shots and get hurt.

Jacobs is rightfully the favorite, but I wouldn't put any money on the fight.
            You forgot to add that Derevyanchenko hasn't fought anyone worth a damn honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I expect Jacobs to easily win. I have never seen the Russian fight but I doubt even a very good boxer could beat the excellent former champion with only 12 pro fights. Not every Eastern European is another Loma.
              Former champion? Jacobs has never been a real champion in his career. He won a vacant secondary title.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                You forgot to add that Derevyanchenko hasn't fought anyone worth a damn honestly.
                Tureano Johnson wasn't garbage, and neither was Sam Solimanz and Derevyanchenko went through them.

Beyond that, the man was a world-level amateur, an Olympian, went 22-1 in the pro-am WSOB, and has buzzed Theo everyone that's been put in with him without much trouble.

Doubt Derevyanchenko if you want

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  Racist dude who runs a racist boxing channel and has blind followers who don't know the sport so go with what he says as gospel. Funny thing is Dereyvchenko is white too so he's rating him as highly as Hagler, Hearns, Duran etc; (arguable top 20/30 all-time) to prove a point but if Derey beats Jacobs and Charlo he'd suddenly become "garbage" and public enemy #1 for him and his followers.
                  Interesting, I get very offended if anyone makes comparisons to Hagler or McCallum. Any comparisons must be legit if they evoke those names.

I watched Devrechenko(or however you spell his name) against Tuerano Johnson, and he certainly can put those punches together well. Don't like that lack of jab though.

Comment

Originally posted by ThelronMike View Post
                    Interesting, I get very offended if anyone makes comparisons to Hagler or McCallum. Any comparisons must be legit if they evoke those names.

I watched Devrechenko(or however you spell his name) against Tuerano Johnson, and he certainly can put those punches together well. Don't like that lack of jab though.
                    He’s a good fighter for sure. I enjoy watching him but feel Jacobs will outbox him and win a close decision.

Yeah, Dontae putting Devreychenko on the level of Hagler and McCallum already is insane especially when they perpetuate that Lomachenko surely can’t be any good due to a lack of fights when they both have the same number of fights and Loma has objectively accomplished so much more.

Comment

Sure anything can happen in boxing. Derevyanchenko can could just as easily outwork Jacobs to a decision victory.

Comment

Working...
                      X