No announcement yet.

Fan Groups

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Groups

I don't know what the correlation is between them but based on the posts I've seen on NSB, Mayweather fans mostly also seem to also be fans of Danny Garcia and Adonis Stevenson (and vice versa) and seem to dislike Gennady Golovkin and Lucas Matthysse. I understand that some people may like or dislike a certain type of fighter (pure boxers, brawlers) and be fans of guys with that style, but these guys don't have the same styles, they're from different backgrounds, they have different personalities. I'm just not sure what links these fans together.

I also noticed this similarly in Vegas for the Mayweather-Canelo fight. Mostly everyone was either rooting for Mayweather and Garcia or Canelo and Matthysse

I could be wrong, maybe it's the same few guys posts I keep reading but it's a feeling I've gotten. Wondering what others think

It's a noticeable trend.

Garcia, Mayweather, Quillen, Stevenso

Matthysse, Maidana, Golovkin, Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014Classic View Post
      It's a noticeable trend.

Garcia, Mayweather, Quillen, Stevenso

Matthysse, Maidana, Golovkin, Kovalev.
      lol hell no, no one likes quillin. I am a swift fan and i dislike stevenson and want kov to beat him. I'm also 50-50 between pac and floyd. but as far as the trend you're right if you take out quillen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
        lol hell no, no one likes quillin. I am a swift fan and i dislike stevenson and want kov to beat him. I'm also 50-50 between pac and floyd. but as far as the trend you're right if you take out quillen.
        You're a Garcia and Broner fan and not a Floyd fan? Thats rare lol. Broner fans usually love his big bro. That mixed with the Garcia-Mayweather trend, I definitely would have thought you were a Mayweather guy

Comment

Great observation and it is true

After the stevenson ducking kovalev debacle, new adonis fans were poppin out the woodwork that no-one knew ever existed

for some it is a race loyalty thing.

for some fans they are picking sides in the cold war lol

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
            You're a Garcia and Broner fan and not a Floyd fan? Thats rare lol. Broner fans usually love his big bro. That mixed with the Garcia-Mayweather trend, I definitely would have thought you were a Mayweather guy
            i like both floyd and pac, i don't get involved with the ******* and ***** debates. I mean i like floyd and all but he's started to rub me the wrong way lately lol.

Comment

It's no coincidence Mayweather fans might have been rooting for Garcia due to Garcia's style, his ability set traps, catch and shoot, roll and at times move. People think too deep into these things, at least look at styles and understand why said-fighter resonates more with certain fans.

Comment

Garcia - Mayweather- Quillin - Stevenson

Matthysse - Maidana - Golovkin - Kovalev

Other mentions in Warrior
                Keith Thurman - Miguel Cotto - Shane Mosley - Carl Froch - Paul Williams - Paulie Malignaggi - Tim Bradley - James Toney

Pink - Duckers
                Blue - Warriors
                Green - Neautral

Jokes aside, allot of it comes down to Floyd nuthuggers or the recent trend i've seen of disliking fighters who are not black (Fortunately them morons are only a minority)

Danny is the odd one out, I like Danny, I dislike Angel lol.

The pink patrol are pink due to this

Mayweather vs Pac
                Stevenson vs Kovalev
                Quillin vs GGG

Comment

It's always a certain group of posters who dislike Gennady and Kovalev. Weird...

Comment

For alot of people this is true, there are trends, but for me it's far from the truth. Look at my list of favorite fighters in my sig.

Comment

Working...
                    X