Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Bradley Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that Ruslan fight took a lot out of him. I remember he did a bunch of rehab stuff for his brain after that because it was concussed and damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Gennadyevich View Post
      I think tim started having some issues with his health more specifically his brain. I might be wrong but seem to remember him mention he had a few issues.
      http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...s-brain-trauma
      F#cking this.

This sport is more dangerous & physical wear & tear, that can last a lifetime, than most civilians can truely grasp with merely being a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        F#cking this.

This sport is more dangerous & physical wear & tear, that can last a lifetime, than most civilians can truely grasp with merely being a fan.
        Definitely bro. Used to love watching the rocky films as a teen getting into boxing but I clued on pretty quick about the dangers not just from watching the films. Like at the beginning of rocky 5 when he's in the shower after the drago fight having flashbacks and being told about brain damage by the doc.

Comment

Yeah the Prov fight really took a lot out of him. It's amazing how 1 fight can drastically change a fighter's physical and mental health. Respect to him.

Obviously it would have been nice to see him fight the thurmans and Spences of this world but happy he made his money and got out with his speech intact. Just wish Roy jones et al would follow suite.

Comment

He was never going to fight any one of those guys anyways, he was with Top rank. And he needed to get out before he sustain any form of brain damage. He has his money well invested and he has his faculties still intact, so why not retire? Instead of fighting rematches on top rank watch.

Comment

He was definitely on the slide when he retired. Very good fighter at his best but got out at the right time. I think if he was around now, he would probably be losing to guys that couldn't lace his gloves at one point.

Comment

Bradley will forever in my eyes be the one to make Pissquez look stupid and a total fool.

Comment

Originally posted by maenyfresh View Post
                  I've been wondering.... Tim Bradley retired just as the welterweight division was starting to light up, the young lions were taking over (Spence, Thurman, Porter).

I for one was looking forward to hopefully seeing a couple of good matches between him and the new breed of top welterweights (though the whole top rank PBC rift would have been an issue) but he didn't even seem interested (after always stating that he wanted to prove that he is the best).

Did he retire as he didn't have the hunger anymore? Or was it due to the fact that he had no where else to go if he wanted to be a champ (as he already lost to Manny who held one of the belts and the other belts were held by the PBC guys)?
                  Cynic in me says he retired to get on a steroid cycle and will come out of retirement after cycle.

Comment

Working...
                  X