Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward-Kovalev II ppv numbers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, Kov taking another loss. Wonder how much he'll end up making after all is said and done. Wonder how long his contract is with Main Events....

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Don't put it all on Ward.

Roc Nation & Main Events are the people supposedly promoting the fight & anyone who think either side of this did their job don't know sh^t about promotion. And Main Events keeps doubling down on trying to put a monkey in a suit with how they advertise Kovalev like a Russian in America success story when he's a f#cking savage who's kinda an asshat who should be hyped as such.

So Ward does himself no favors there is no argument to be had there, but he's hardly the only one throwing sticks into the spokes of this f#cking bicycle to nowhere.
      To tell you the truth even if he had the best promotional push behind him he still wouldnt be selling much.

Promotional companies can only do so much. I just think Ward, who is a nice guy, has a style and way about himself that people are just not interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
        To tell you the truth even if he had the best promotional push behind him he still wouldnt be selling much.

Promotional companies can only do so much. I just think Ward, who is a nice guy, has a style and way about himself that people are just not interested in.
        Yea again I'm not disagreeing that Ward sucks at the selling part of boxing.

What I'm saying is Roc Nation sucks too. Main Events sucks too. And Kovalev sucks too. None of these parties have a clue what they are trying to do thus few gave a f#ck about these fights.

I mean if this fight legit did 97k that means even hardcore fans didn't give THAT much of a f#ck about this fight. That's not JUST on Ward. That's on Roc Nation, Main Events & Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
          Damn, Kov taking another loss. Wonder how much he'll end up making after all is said and done. Wonder how long his contract is with Main Events....
          I've heard a few people on podcasts (Jake Donovan being one of them) suggest he'll likely make in the $1M range, maybe a lil more, maybe a lil less.

Comment

Yea again I'm not disagreeing that Ward sucks at the selling part of boxing.

What I'm saying is Roc Nation sucks too. Main Events sucks too. And Kovalev sucks too. None of these parties have a clue what they are trying to do thus few gave a f#ck about these fights.

I mean if this fight legit did 97k that means even hardcore fans didn't give THAT much of a f#ck about this fight. That's not JUST on Ward. That's on Roc Nation, Main Events & Kovalev.
            Roc nation and Main Events do suck. But even if Ward had Golden Boy or Top Rank or even Mayweather promotions putting a huge push behind him. Ward still wouldn't sell much more.

Ward has nothing about him that gravites people to him. It's sucks for him, well actually not he robbed Roc Nation and Main Events with his 6 mil guarantee, but there is nothing any company can do.

The only way he'd sell pretty good is if he fough AJ. And even then his ppv numbers in the states would be only around 300k if that.

Comment

It has to be at least a million because so many people watched it it took away from people watching Golden Boy's card on ESPN2 the same day according to bigdunny1

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                Roc nation and Main Events do suck. But even if Ward had Golden Boy or Top Rank or even Mayweather promotions putting a huge push behind him. Ward still wouldn't sell much more.
                We might get to see what TR can do with Ward. Although one can easily argue it'll be too little too late.

But I think GBP with Schaefer would have Ward being bigger today then he is. How much bigger? Sh^t idk, but bigger for sure or maybe Ward just gets into a promotional issue with GBP & sits 18mos or whatever like what happened before.

And while I like the direction Mayweather Promotion is moving towards they have hardly shown a knack for building a guy up all that much despite some of the hype Tank currently has.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  Which was definitely too much to pay him. How he got anyone to agree to pay him $6.5m guaranteed for the rematch is anyone's guess.
                  its called having a good manager...unlike kovalev with cathy duva...kov took 3 L's in a row...

Comment

We might get to see what TR can do with Ward. Although one can easily argue it'll be too little too late.

But I think GBP with Schaefer would have Ward being bigger today then he is. How much bigger? Sh^t idk, but bigger for sure or maybe Ward just gets into a promotional issue with GBP & sits 18mos or whatever like what happened before.

And while I like the direction Mayweather Promotion is moving towards they have hardly shown a knack for building a guy up all that much despite some of the hype Tank currently has.
                    Yea I think if Ward was with Golden Boy w/scheafer he definitely would be bigger than he is now. But he it wouldn't be something dramatic compared to now.

Ward is a likeable guy but he just doesn't have that thing where people gravitate to him. It's just his personality combined with his style of fighting plus he has always been with a third tier promotional company and you get what he is today.
                    Last edited by boxinghead530; 06-23-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                      its called having a good manager...unlike kovalev with cathy duva...kov took 3 L's in a row...
                      I meant from Roc Nation's perspective.

Idk how they thought they'd clear enough to pay Ward $6.5m, fulfill all the other purse obligations and promotional expenses, and still take much profit out of the event.

Comment

Working...
                      X