Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When us Brits gonna realise the sport of Boxing..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    British boxing has always been about a handful of world level guys and the rest below.

Weve never been a big boxing nation compared to US, Mexico, Puerto Rico places like that. Our biggest problem is the hype we give to guys who havent got anywhere yet, it means they get far more attention when they lose.

In any case pro boxing is not about nationalism imo
    Yet boxing is much more mainstream (relatively speaking) in the UK than the US. I'd rather have public interest in the sport than gifted Americans whom nobody in their own country cares about.

Comment

Dont give up hope man. Just enjoy it and hope for the best. Filipinos just had one recent P4P fighter in Pacquiao (they also have Donaire) and IMO they produce less and lesser boxers than Brits/Euros (no disrespect to Filipinos).

You guys have Froch who has a good case for being top 10 P4P and Brook is about to get his shot.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
        Dont give up hope man. Just enjoy it and hope for the best. Filipinos just had one recent P4P fighter in Pacquiao (they also have Donaire) and IMO they produce less and lesser boxers than Brits/Euros (no disrespect to Filipinos).

You guys have Froch who has a good case for being top 10 P4P and Brook is about to get his shot.
        Brook is about to be the next over hyped Brit to get exposed.

Comment

It's just a sport dude.

Don't get so emotionally attached to it.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
            Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Bierstadt View Post
              Yet boxing is much more mainstream (relatively speaking) in the UK than the US. I'd rather have public interest in the sport than gifted Americans whom nobody in their own country cares about.
              I'd rather people gained hype as they move through the ranks than getting it from day dot but i see what you are saying.

Even if boxing is relatively big here, that doesnt mean we have anywhere near the number of people involved in boxing as they do. Its just a fact.

Anyway once big Audley Harrison wins a world title everyone will be eating their words

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                I dont think highly of Alexander but I wouldnt call losing to Alexander is being exposed. Im pulling for Brook to win but if he doesn't Id blame his handlers and lack of experience at the top level.

Comment

#Audley2013

Comment

Considering how small we are in size we pack a punch in MOST sports on the world stage. We can't win em all, that's just life.

We may not dominate in boxing but we hold our own as a sporting nation, have no doubt

Comment

LMAO Wikipedia "Price proved to be an absolute bum with a glass jaw when on 23rd February he took on old, overweight, under-motivated American Tony Thompson and got knocked out in the second round."

Comment

Working...
                      X