No announcement yet.

Maidana destroys Rios at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntonTheGreat View Post
    i would love to see this ****. they could fight this **** in a phone booth (those don't exists anymore though)
    Chico-Castillo I is my favorite fight of all time.

Comment

I don't think Maidana has the inside game that Rios has. He's more effective punching from mid-range. Rios would dominate him on the inside where they would probably fight most of the time.

Comment

i think they both destroy each other

if Bam Bam can take the punches of a bigger guy, then we've got a classic brawl...he's got more tools than Maidana but Maidana is just as relentless as he is...sign me up

Comment

Originally posted by gatagata View Post
          I don't think Maidana has the inside game that Rios has. He's more effective punching from mid-range. Rios would dominate him on the inside where they would probably fight most of the time.

Bam Bam's hooks and uppercuts are far superior to Maidana's...

Comment

I don't know about destroy but holy **** this would be a great fight. Toe to toe brawl for as long as it lasts.

Comment

This is a potential Ward vs Gatti type classic. Hopefully the powers-that-be don't "let it simmer" until one or the other is shot.

I'll take Rios by late stoppage in this one.

Like somebody else in this thread already said, his punches are shorter, straighter.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                No way. Maidana is not very good, at all. Neither Ortiz nor Khan should have had trouble with him (or that much trouble with him).
                Maidana has always done well against good opposition though. As bad as he looks against fighters he shouldn't, he always steps to the plate against good opposition.

Maidana/Rios is a hell of a fight.

Comment

I hope this fight happens whether at 140 or even 147. I'd favour maidana to win it!

Comment

I respect yalls opinions, but Rios has nothing to offer Maidana that he ain't already seen.
                    Ortiz, Morales and Khan have way faster hands, better foot work and are more powerful than the sloppy, slow Bam Bam. I just don't see how Rios wins.

Comment

For some reason or another Huey has some hate for Rios.

Comment

Working...
                      X