Body Language Says alot about a fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
    U from the Town bruh?

Sorry to hear about that. Called the Murder Dubbs for a reason I guess. Boys shady over there.
    im sort of not from anywhere, but i lived on fruitvale down the street from walgreens, i was literally a 10 minute walk to work, thing is, latino fruitvale is different from the dubs, i worked in the dubs with never an issue for years, but anyone can get got, and thats that.

Comment

I stayed on Fruitvale on Ashbrook for years. Probably seen u in the hood.

Wish we would have connected and watch a few or 2. Big Fight fans on my street.

I'm in Sac now. Miss the town tho.

Keep ur head up bruh, be smoothe
      Last edited by jsmith_tsu; 06-18-2017, 04:26 PM. Reason: Autocorrect

Comment

Knew something wasn't right when I didn't see El Jesus on here for a while. Good luck on your recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by el jesus View Post
          i was just outside of my job at a youth homeless shelter as a case manager.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/06/0...-east-oakland/
          sorry to hear that bro, im from east oakland... Went to fremont high on high street. Hope u recover n good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Knew something wasn't right when I didn't see El Jesus on here for a while. Good luck on your recovery.
            thanks. only thing ive dne right over the last 7 years is rightfully call KO Holm on her bout against rousey. i regret that i literally didnht know holm was fighting her until about friday the day before the fight,(edit i confused holm with regina halmach). Rousey was so overrated it was hilarious, she avoided cyborg in strikeforce and continued to do it in UFC, all them female bums werent impressing me neither.

only proof i had was anecdotal to casual friends and a text message i sent to boxing writer matteo urella. NOBODY thought i was going to be right and it happened exactly the way it unfolded, i should have taken the 2k dollars in my bank account and put it all on holm but bay area rent aint no joke friend
            Last edited by El Jesus; 06-18-2017, 05:16 PM.

Comment

How did you get shot if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                How did you get shot if you don't mind me asking?
                i got promoted at work to the night shift case manager/house manager for the group home/shelter i worked at, this meant 12-12 or 12-8am depending on the day. most nights i just were watching tv and playing NBA 2K etc, but that night these two guys got the drop on me, report says 3, but it was two. it says i resisted, i did, all that boxing and jiujitsu dont just leave your brain, i thought i got punched in the back of the head and got one of the guys off me trying to take my bag, but it was actually a gun, i took a near death beating, they took my bag and that was that.

i was walking to work, i was literally a block away

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                  i got promoted at work to the night shift case manager/house manager for the group home/shelter i worked at, this meant 12-12 or 12-8am depending on the day. most nights i just were watching tv and playing NBA 2K etc, but that night these two guys got the drop on me, report says 3, but it was two. it says i resisted, i did, all that boxing and jiujitsu dont just leave your brain, i thought i got punched in the back of the head and got one of the guys off me trying to take my bag, but it was actually a gun, i took a near death beating, they took my bag and that was that.

i was walking to work, i was literally a block away
                  **** man I'm sorry to hear all that. Bad things happen to good people it seems.

I hope you recover. Don't lose faith in yourself you seem like a mentally strong dude.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                    For me watching the fight (i am disabled, most of you dont know, but i was shot twice a year ago i can barely walk and lost most of my right arm usage cept my fingers)

I noticed that kovalev constantly bending down to ward (no pun) off the body shots, and his constant begging to the ref for assistance said alot to me. Ricky Hatton took matters into his own hands when Tszyu dished him a low one to send a message. When Kovalev turned around that did it for me, when you turn away from a fighter youre looking for someone to save you. Mentally Kovalev seems to be out of his element when he cant simply knock you out. You have to make a guy like ward PAY for his transgressions, guys like mayweather hopkins, chavez mastered this stuff, being cagey while knowing where the ref is and engaging.

Kovalev isnt the beast we thought he was, he was just another above average fighter with great knock out power, what seperates good from great is when everything isnt stacked in your favor and you do something about it. Even mayweather wont let you get away with stuff like this (see victor ortiz)
                    Welcome back, brother and wishing you continued strength, mentally and physically.

Always great to read your posts because you're a student of the game. Agree on the body language. Gonna be awfully hard for Kovalev to come back after being stripped naked like this. HUGE blow to Main Events too.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Welcome back, brother and wishing you continued strength, mentally and physically.

Always great to read your posts because you're a student of the game. Agree on the body language. Gonna be awfully hard for Kovalev to come back after being stripped naked like this. HUGE blow to Main Events too.
                      thanks. i been watching MMA for the first time in nearly 16/17 years because im badly sidelined, at least my warriors got another title and ward isnt the fruad everyone tried to make him out to be.

ill say this too, GGG/Canelo has a ton on the line for GGG, he has not really proen to be a major draw here, none of these europeans really have that ability, if GGG cant have a major showing against Canelo hes next on that summerjam screen

Comment

Working...
                      X