Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: Jacobs Fighting on Canelo-Golovkin is 'Strong Possibility'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
    Its only an easy choice if you think Tureano loses to either guy. Tureano might think more of himself and his chances against that Russian guy and thus choose the short money up front to secure the really big fight down the line. But if he knows he's going to get blown out either way then yes it makes sense to get blown out in the bigger fight.
    If there is one lesson that Tureano learned, it would probably be to take the bird in the hand, instead of counting money that MIGHT come down the road.

Remember, he was the mando to GGG, and was supposed to get that fight. But then he got hurt, lost his spot to Wade, and sat for awhile earning no money.

He's not that great, and could reasonably lose to either guy. If I were advising him I would tell him to take whichever fight pays more money, unless the difference is minimal. For example, if its 62k to fight the Russian, and 75k to fight Jacobs, then fight the Russian. But if its 62k to fight the Russian, and $300k to fight Jacobs, then take the 300k

Comment

Jacobs is the most avoided man in the MW division now.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        what happened to mikey signing with Schaefer? How come Schaefer who did everything but beg him isn't involved at all with the Broner fight? Jacobs is the one talking about wanting to get on Golden Boy's PPV they won't be doing that for free.
        I wouldn't know. I never thought he'd sign with Schaefer. Just like I knew he wouldn't sign with Golden Boy of all ****ing places

Jacobs won't sign with them either.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          I wouldn't know. I never thought he'd sign with Schaefer. Just like I knew he wouldn't sign with Golden Boy of all ****ing places

Jacobs won't sign with them either.
          Mikey didn't sign with Haymon either. He can't go a month without him or his brother telling the world he doesn't have a contract with Haymon. Jacobs will have to give golden boy something if he wants to get on their undercard.

Comment

Mikey didn't sign with Haymon either. He can't go a month without him or his brother telling the world he doesn't have a contract with Haymon. Jacobs will have to give golden boy something if he wants to get on their undercard.
            Didn't say he would either. I don't go around making dumb predictions. You need to get real. Golden Boy is one loss away from going out of business. I see you've at least amended it to Jacobs having to give Golden Boy something to get on their undercard (not happening either). It won't be him signing to them that's for sure.

Comment

Didn't say he would either. I don't go around making dumb predictions. You need to get real. Golden Boy is one loss away from going out of business. I see you've at least amended it to Jacobs having to give Golden Boy something to get on their undercard (not happening either). It won't be him signing to them that's for sure.
              You literally been saying that for years. Lmao. how's PBC looking these days where is that TV deal they were supposed to get after losing half a billion? All I see is one by one networks ending their relationship with PBC. I'll bet you anything that PBC goes out of business before golden boy. Jacobs trying to get on the Canelo undercard because PBC is barely doing any shows anymore and keeping him inactive.

Comment

You literally been saying that for years. Lmao. how's PBC looking these days where is that TV deal they were supposed to get after losing half a billion? All I see is one by one networks ending their relationship with PBC. I'll bet you anything that PBC goes out of business before golden boy. Jacobs trying to get on the Canelo undercard because PBC is barely doing any shows anymore and keeping him inactive.
                I think you have me confused with someone else. You keep attributing things to me I never said to deflect your own BS.

I say Golden Boy is one loss from going out of business of the financials that became public when they foolishly sued PBC. Canelo means everything to them. You know it, I know it.

PBC is barely doing shows? They've had 60 shows in the past year alone. I wish everyone was doing as bad as them.

Anyway, back to the topic. Jacobs isn't joining GBP. Just like Mikey isn't joining in spite of your delusions.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                  See Rigo actually beat Donaire. Just cuz GGG didnt KO Danny dont mean he won the fight. The guy had to go Cruiserweight just to withstand the punches and still got dropped lol.
                  He wasn't at cruiser-weight. Jacobs clearly made him miss more than not, threw more combos, out worked & out landed lil g. It's on film.

Comment

I think you have me confused with someone else. You keep attributing things to me I never said to deflect your own BS.

I say Golden Boy is one loss from going out of business of the financials that became public when they foolishly sued PBC. Canelo means everything to them. You know it, I know it.

PBC is barely doing shows? They've had 60 shows in the past year alone. I wish everyone was doing as bad as them.

Anyway, back to the topic. Jacobs isn't joining GBP. Just like Mikey isn't joining in spite of your delusions.
                    I know exactly who I'm talking to. And showtime fights don't count those aren't even really PBC fights. No no more fights on ESPN, NBC, or SPIKE. The Fox deal will be up at the end of the year and you see the crap they sending to FOX to finish out the deal Guerrero vs Figueroa C level haymon fighters. while haymon is abandoning PBC producing fights and sending his guys back to showtime. It's literally small time FS1 fights and that's it. But you worried about golden boy going out of business? LOL PBC lost half a billion, has its own investors suing, lost 80% of the networks that used to air PBC and are airing a fraction of the amount of fights they were airing their first year. Lost all that money just to send his guys back to showtime like before PBC existed. Got Jacobs begging to get on a canelo undercard because FS1 fights are only for prospects and guys fighting for cheap that's why Jacobs and other haymon guys are fighting less times per year then they did BEFORE PBC. PBC can't afford to pay them.

We'll see if Jacobs has to sign to get on the undercard and if Mikey has to sign if he wants that Linares fight that he keeps begging for. But I know Mikey didn't sign with Mayweather promotions like you said he would and still hasn't signed with haymon either. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      If there is one lesson that Tureano learned, it would probably be to take the bird in the hand, instead of counting money that MIGHT come down the road.

Remember, he was the mando to GGG, and was supposed to get that fight. But then he got hurt, lost his spot to Wade, and sat for awhile earning no money.

He's not that great, and could reasonably lose to either guy. If I were advising him I would tell him to take whichever fight pays more money, unless the difference is minimal. For example, if its 62k to fight the Russian, and 75k to fight Jacobs, then fight the Russian. But if its 62k to fight the Russian, and $300k to fight Jacobs, then take the 300k
                      If I were managing Tureano I would advise him that one injury is not a trend.
                      One injury is not a trend.

Comment

Working...
                      X