Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vitali was a dog

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Didn't Wladimir simultaneously hold 3 of the four world titles and The Ring. He fought and beat Chris Byrd, David Haye and was it Povetkin for those titles? 3 fighters all better than anybody Vitali beat.
      Did Vitali ever hold more than 1 title at a time and who did he beat for those? Herbie Hide and a past prime Peter? Who Wladimir had beaten years earlier at his peak. Peter who was then given all he could handle by an obese, shot James Toney

Wladimirs best wins; Povetkin, Haye, Peter, Byrd, Brock, Thompson x2, Pulev, Brewster, Rahman, Ibragimov, Chambers, Chagaev

Vitali's; Sanders, Peter, Arreola, Williams, JC Gomez, Chisora

Wladimir is an ATG, Vitali isn't close imo
      Vitali was never the best of any era he fought in. Wladimir was for a decade.
      Clearly you have never seen who was the Alpha among the two. Vitali LET his brother shine. He was the tougher of the two, he KOed every fighter that beat his little brother.

Only Vitali retired was to go into politics.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Didn't Wladimir simultaneously hold 3 of the four world titles and The Ring. He fought and beat Chris Byrd, David Haye and was it Povetkin for those titles? 3 fighters all better than anybody Vitali beat.
        Did Vitali ever hold more than 1 title at a time and who did he beat for those? Herbie Hide and a past prime Peter? Who Wladimir had beaten years earlier at his peak. Peter who was then given all he could handle by an obese, shot James Toney

Wladimirs best wins; Povetkin, Haye, Peter, Byrd, Brock, Thompson x2, Pulev, Brewster, Rahman, Ibragimov, Chambers, Chagaev

Vitali's; Sanders, Peter, Arreola, Williams, JC Gomez, Chisora

Wladimir is an ATG, Vitali isn't close imo
        Vitali was never the best of any era he fought in. Wladimir was for a decade.
        I've never seen anyone argue that Vitali has the superior resume. Between his injuries, his political career and willingly taking a back seat to his brother, he basically boxed part-time. His resume sucks in comparison.

On the other hand he was the bigger and craftier brother of a guy who reigned over the premier division for 10 years. If you gave Wladimir more angles, upperbody movement and insane punch resistance you'd basically have Vitali. That counts for something.
        Last edited by ////; 06-10-2017, 01:19 AM.

Comment

I think Vitali would have beaten anyone Wlad beat but he didnt want it like Wlad did plus I guess injuries played a major role. I always liked Vitali better and I thought he was definitely more durable as far as punch resistant which made him less hesitant than Wlad. Im no Wlad fan in fact I rooted against him in most every fight he ever had except the Haye fight I think but you cant take anything away from the man, he did some historic **** holding the division down like he did.

Comment

Wlad was far better. Vitali's resume nowhere near as good, hence the reason why Vitali looked the better of the two at times. In terms of mythical matchups Vitali would do better but Wlad would beat Vitali for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
              When were wlad and vitaly fighting super welterweights?
              Chris byrd

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsantiago View Post
                Chris byrd
                Vitaly fought chris byrd and quit

Comment

Originally posted by LaidOut View Post
                  Wlad is good, he just doesn't have that aggressive fighter mentality that Vitali did. Wlad is so uncomfortable if someone throws more than one punch at a time, but Vitali relishes getting in slugfest.
                  And he did get into one hell of a slugfest with Sanders. Good for him he had that chin or else would've gone the Wlad way. Awesome fight to watch still.

Comment

I don't agree Wlad fought everyone and beat most Vitali avoided the best with his only notable fight being the Lennox Lewis match which he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                      When were wlad and vitaly fighting super welterweights?
                      Chris Byrd

Comment

Working...
                      X