No announcement yet.

Idris Elba Confirmed As 007

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    As I said before: the Brits own that franchise, the Brits are paying for that -- the may do what ever they want with 007...

... and, usually, various fictional characters emerge from a certain cultural (sub-cultural) milieu... the way a cultural environment changes with time may also reflect a chance in market target (in the case on movie making industry)...
    As I said to one guy. At the time Bond was created, the geopolitical boogey man was the Eastern Europeans. The time has changed and the geopolitical boogey man to the West are Middle East /Africa, so a blonde white guy in those places will automatically be a suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
      As I said to one guy. At the time Bond was created, the geopolitical boogey man was the Eastern Europeans. The time has changed and the geopolitical boogey man to the West are Middle East /Africa, so a blonde white guy in those places will automatically be a suspect.
      It seems that the next James Bond movie is heading back to Jamaica (like in 1962 and 1973).

Comment

• Originally posted by black.ink View Post
        A no would have been okay.

I haven't stated anywhere that he is black, white or any other race, but Bond is not defined. It's also been stated that Bond is a code name for a number of agents, and not just one man. Seeing that the movies have no continuity.

But it's funny to see people get angry about it i suppose.

See above. The only description is that Bond has black hair and dark eyes. My agenda? Do you think i'm black?

Don't get too upset, they're just movies.

Think you need to read up a little more about the character, you clearly have little idea about the character or his background.

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
          Yeah, just like the Somalians and Ethiopians are caucasians.

Nope, but they are part Arab

Comment

Working...
          X