No announcement yet.

Jermall Charlo continues to get punked out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andocom View Post
    You think if the number was way off Charlo wouldn't immediately say so, really? You think Rahim wouldn't say so knowing the truth?
    Knowing how Eddie Hearn has operated his business since being in public, yes, I have my suspicions that the number on the email was way off; likely still large money, but more closer to $4m than the $7m that ShoulderRoll seems to have now become obsessed about.

And I'm also quite set that it's not a one-fight deal either.

Radio Rahim, no idea what the man is like otherwise, is building an access situation to DAZN/Hearn similar to what IFLtv has with Hearn in the UK.

I doubt Rahim risks that access pouring water on an obvious media push that has nothing to do with an actual fight; he has eyes, he sees how DAZN has all those guys 160/168, and he sees Andrade being lined up for none of them.

He'd be cutting his nose to spite his face

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      fair post...

but let me ask you something...if ramirez had lost what do you think happens to him? do you think ole bob would be real interested in resigning him then? do you think dazn would have been very keen on keeping him around?

it was a good deal for ramirez...but if he doenst get the W hes a tough spot

if charlo goes over and loses what kind of spot does that put him in? can he go back to the pbc and headline cards? will dazn want to keep him around?

the dazn guys were building tevin farmer up as a guy tank davis was avoiding....ill be interested to see what happnes with farmer going forward now that he was soundly beaten....

what i saw with hearn is a guy who is extremely threatned by deontay wilder....AJ is his prized possession....and he had to run as far away from wilder as he could....it was not a good look...most fair observers could clearly see what was going in that situation.....he got exposed and it was pretty clear.....hearn is trying to take his shots at the pbc any way he can imo...i watched him put his antics on full display regarding wilder/AJ for a couple of years....nothing that guy would do could suprise me honestly

the offer may be real and fair.....but its a risky proposition for charlo....its one where the pros and cons need to be weighed...its not just black and white and easy as saying "hey its good money and a title"....

To the best of my knowledge, Hearn usually offers a couple of "comeback fights". These tend to get characterised as "multi fight slave contracts" by his detractors, while a one and done carries the risk of a guy being dumped on the scrapheap.

Ultimately, it's for Charlo's team to arrive at the best solution for their guy, whether it's taking full advantage of the DAZN money, stumping up for Andrade or continuing with the Eubank and Monroe Jrs of the world and hoping not to slip on a banana peel as nearly happened with Korobov. I suppose he could fight Derevyenchenko or move up for Benavidez but if you're taking that kind of risk you may as well fight Andrade for the big money imho.

Which do you think is in Charlo's best interest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Having a thumb over the email offer number is suspect; ignore that if you want.

For a guy who has been so chatty about the money on offer in basically every other fight talk, it's odd to insist on quiet now, lol.

All that says to me, from the outside in, is that the offer likely really isn't career-high money
        Where's Charlo's counteroffer to fight on Showtime?

It's obvious he doesn't want to risk an L against Andrade. He's a straight pvssy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post
          To the best of my knowledge, Hearn usually offers a couple of "comeback fights". These tend to get characterised as "multi fight slave contracts" by his detractors, while a one and done carries the risk of a guy being dumped on the scrapheap.

Ultimately, it's for Charlo's team to arrive at the best solution for their guy, whether it's taking full advantage of the DAZN money, stumping up for Andrade or continuing with the Eubank and Monroe Jrs of the world and hoping not to slip on a banana peel as nearly happened with Korobov. I suppose he could fight Derevyenchenko or move up for Benavidez but if you're taking that kind of risk you may as well fight Andrade for the big money imho.

whats likely in charlos best interest is following the advice of haymon....

Comment

• Originally posted by andocom View Post
            You think if the number was way off Charlo wouldn't immediately say so, really? You think Rahim wouldn't say so knowing the truth?
            I think Jermall Charlo is being counselled not to jump into the slop with a proverbial pig.

Because there's no value added for Charlo in calling Hearn a liar for offering $4m as the first payday in the multi-fight deal, instead of $7m as the first payday in the multi-fight deal.

Eddie being shown to be a "stretcher of the truth" (no idea where you got the $7m from, tbh) won't impact the business that he's already doing (and Haymon still doesn't do business with Hearn for the most part anyway).

And yes, Radio Rahim would money certainly keep his mouth shut, because what he says or doesn't say impacts his business far more than plainly telling the truth to fight fans.

Access is key, and boxing is known for folks using that as a cudgel to direct certain arcs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post

The Jermall Charlo business is building, at it's own pace, but building nonetheless.

The landscape being what it is, it's too late in the game now to not keep betting on himself, tbh.

Outside of Canelo, he's literally the most visible middleweight champion in the US, has a few solid opponents ready to fight on his own terms, with a potential glut emerging after that, and Canelo Alvarez truly searching for interesting fights to fill out his deal.

He's running the risk of potentially getting beat in the interim, but you don't trade that to go behind a paywall with limited US access, to fight a guy who was basically the walkout bout to that YouTube fight, who still managed to find a way to stink out the joint.

If Andrade can't entice literally anyone on his side of the fence to fight him, what value is there for Charlo to chase over to get (especially with FOX not acknowledging the WBO, and Showtime not going out of their way to highlight it)?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Where's Charlo's counteroffer to fight on Showtime?

It's obvious he doesn't want to risk an L against Andrade. He's a straight pvssy.
                Tevin Farmer turned down a $2m PPV guarantee (no doubt that Lou DiBella and Ellerbe would've been able to negotiate a back-end points deal if the fight really took off) to fight JoJo Diaz and got beat.

Do you honestly think that Eddie Hearn is sending Andrade anywhere? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Knowing how Eddie Hearn has operated his business since being in public, yes, I have my suspicions that the number on the email was way off; likely still large money, but more closer to $4m than the $7m that ShoulderRoll seems to have now become obsessed about.

And I'm also quite set that it's not a one-fight deal either.

Radio Rahim, no idea what the man is like otherwise, is building an access situation to DAZN/Hearn similar to what IFLtv has with Hearn in the UK.

I doubt Rahim risks that access pouring water on an obvious media push that has nothing to do with an actual fight; he has eyes, he sees how DAZN has all those guys 160/168, and he sees Andrade being lined up for none of them.
                  Hearn is an idiot if he did offer Charlo 7m. He isn't a big enough draw to get paid that and it will result in DAZN losing way too much money.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                    Hearn is an idiot if he did offer Charlo 7m. He isn't a big enough draw to get paid that and it will result in DAZN losing way too much money.
                    You think DAZN is set to make money on the believed offer for Mikey Garcia vs Jesse Vargas?

Comment

• I want to see the fight badly. But, I am sure the handlers think they can do bigger numbers or make more money or get better terms later.

Comment

Working...
                      X