Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG fans, let's be honest, what was GGG's Worst Career Choice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icha View Post
    cmon bro!! fighting ggg with very little to no experience at the weight was giving too much of an advantage, neither guy was willing to budge in weight and thats the real reason we couldnt get this fight earlier...

both ggg and canelo had no problem conceding weight vs lesser fighters(rosado or chavez) but to give that advntage vs an elite opponent was too much of a risk for both fighters...
    is understandable in my opinion, altough it goes against the whole propaganda of änyone from 154 to 168"...
    I know you get it bro but the ****** doesn’t and see ****s he relied to me with non sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
      The diva claimed to be MW champ, said he "feared nobody", "let's put the glove on right here", then he gives up the title without a fight. Diva fans want to forget it but boxing fans no it was a bs move.
      If the diva didn't want to fight at 160, than don't claim to be tha 160 pound champ.
      and ggg said he will fight anyone from 154 to 168, fighters are fighters and they all said BS at some point...

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
        GGG using Hagler to stay at 160 is a copout. Not only is GGG bigger than Hagler, but many Middleweights moved up. How many current stars or P4P guys now have moved up in weight. GGG walks around 190. He’s been even bigger at 200+.
        I don't know what GGG's walk-around weight is but I don't have a problem with guys competing in one division. Especially since you can just as easily move up to face the weakest belt holders to become a "multi-division" titlist.

Comment

GGG's worst career choice? Stalling out his own career waiting on canelo since 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
            In the post may-pac era, ggg was about as financially successful as he could be. Name all the fighters outside of canelo who have been more successful on that front...there aren’t many.

Lol@ canelo fighting the unknown Lara being what catapulted him into the public spotlight.

how much money a fighter makes is not the primary concern for most boxing fans

who did he beat... ?

how many TOP fights could have been made... but he chose not to?

you guys are nuts if you do not acknowledge that Golovkins timid opponent selection is the reason why he never became a household name

Comment

Golovkin fans... are feverishly counting his money right now

so, it's all about the money huh... ?

wow, you Golovkin fans REALLY must love Mayweather loooool

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
                Well, I always thought he owed Danny Williams a rematch.

Considering how he stomped his foot a d refused to fight anybody until Canelo fought him 3 times, just because the first fight was close and disputed, you would think he would have wanted to give Williams the same opportunity
                Huh ?? Danny Williams is a journeyman heavyweight . U mean Jacob's I would assume ?

Comment

Originally posted by emceetns View Post
                  I don't know what GGG's walk-around weight is but I don't have a problem with guys competing in one division. Especially since you can just as easily move up to face the weakest belt holders to become a "multi-division" titlist.
                  Right.. that’s why GGG wanted Chavez Jr. or Froch at 168... but 164 for Ward...

“Can just easily move up to face” is what Floyd did. Who was more dangerous, Kovalev or Donny Lalonde? Take ur time

Comment

Originally posted by emceetns View Post
                    Right. I appreciate u saying u don’t know what GGGs walk around weight is, because it’s honest. Anyone saying they know GGGs walk around weight is full of it. I mean Canelo is famous for not getting on a scale during fight night. GGG said he’d get on the scale fight night if Canelo would also, but it never happened. Canelo said GGG was too big for him and would need a catch weight at the beginning of negotiations. I know there’s all this strategy behind hiding ur in ring weight. But boxers running their mouth about someone else’s weight without willing to back it up on the scale is what it is. I’d love to see anyone post a picture of GGG at 200lbs+?!! Yeah right. What did Nelo weigh in ring vs Kovalev? I mean if it’s such a big deal in negotiations and the fans would love to know then why not everyone get on the scale for fight night?!!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      how much money a fighter makes is not the primary concern for most boxing fans

who did he beat... ?

how many TOP fights could have been made... but he chose not to?

you guys are nuts if you do not acknowledge that Golovkins timid opponent selection is the reason why he never became a household name
                      The thread topic is worst career move, not resume.

I assumed we were talking about his career as a whole in terms of success and what may have impeded that end. I’m saying it’s kind of irrelevant because he got there regardless. We could fantasize about him becoming some crossover superstar, but I don’t think that was ever going to happen. There was really only one fighter in the world that was close to that during the years ggg’s brand was being built, and that’s canelo...and the majority of casual sports fans probably had no idea who he was. It’s very unlikely that ggg was gonna surpass even that level of stardom without a strong built in fan base like canelo had with the Mexicans.

At the end of the day, ggg achieved the things that all fighters in the sport dream of, regardless if there’s things he could have done different. I mean, do you honestly think even if he could beat ward, that win would’ve made him a household name? Ward wasn’t a draw at all and nobody was buying ppvs at the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X