No announcement yet.

Hearns vs mayweather @ 147 or 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearns vs mayweather @ 147 or 154?

Who wins? Hearns was special. Mayweather was lucky and fought at the right time and right era.

Hearns by KO at 147 prime vs prime. Hearns by KO even faster at 154. Hearns had a long hard jab nobody could avoid and the legendary straight right lightning bolt. He would have had a huge advantage over Mayweather in height and reach which he would use. For boxing skill and speed Hearns was ahead of Leonard on points in the first fight when he was KOed. Mosley hurt Mayweather with a straight right and Hearns's straight right was faster and harder than Mosley's straight right. Hearns was even stronger and better at 154.

Comment

Hearns = Paul Williams

And Floyd ducked Williams.

Comment

Lol, Hearns by decapitation.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          Hearns = Paul Williams

And Floyd ducked Williams.
          Stupid comparison. How are they alike when one knows how to use range and the other doesnt?

I hated the comparison when Williams was active. Him and Hearns are nothing alike.

Williams gives up his height and fights small. Floyd beats him easy.

Hearns is actually a bad style matchup for Floyd. Floyd gets that ass beat.

Comment

Floyd would retire before the fight is made .
            Please.
            Tommy would have beat Floyd with his left hand alone.
            It's not a knock on Floyd.
            Tommy was just a monster at 147.
            And it took Leonard past 12 rounds to get rid of him.
            And Tommy did not go out after a freaking dozens of shots by Leonard.
            Tommy and Steward were inexperienced in huge fights then.
            Tommy should have not come in at 145.

Comment

Floyd would never face a guy like Hearns.

If he did, Hearns would murder him.

Comment

Floyd wouldn't get his ass kicked or anything but I just don't see how he could handle the reach. He has a good inside game that could work but he was never the sort of fighter who actually went inside to initiate inside fighting, instead either working inside or tying up as the opponent came in. Floyd would have to make too many wholesale changes to his gameplan for me to be comfortable betting on him to win the fight.

Comment

This is the one fight where I can see Floyd get dominated.

I think Floyd would also lose to Sugar Ray and Duran, but those fights would still be close, Floyd would be a tough fight for both. But Hearns would dominate him for 12 rounds, that's if he doesn't stop him. Hearns had too much size and is a bad style match up for Floyd.

At 147, Hearns wins a wide decision.

At 154, Hearns knocks out Floyd.

Comment

Yeah, I'll have to go along with the others. Hearn in both fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X