No announcement yet.

How would you honestly rate Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
    It is pretty simple. Golovkin has been the best MW IMO opinion since prime Martinez. I have little doubt that had he fought the Martinez that Cotto faced or he faced the Cotto that Canelo faced he would have won. I am not giving him credit for wins over those guys. That said when I hear Canelo or Cotto getting credit I am going to respond that I believe had Golovkin not been avoided (and this is common knowledge) he would have beat either guy. I think it is more than reasonable to say he would have been clearly the top guy a few years earlier.

If you can't see that because he never fought them then you can't.
    i cant see it because I am not prepared to call wins over non events. Fiction isnt my thing.

Comment

You keep blathering on about fantasy fights.

If you need two guys to fight to fight in every situation because you cannot figure out who the better fighter we do not have much to talk about.
      The fact that you can say that when you know Sergio reigned longer than GGG with better wins says it all about your bias.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        you have no idea what I would say, dont presuppose me, that just shows your argument is floundering if you need to put word in my mouth.

I agree that hes not finished yet, he can as yet underline his elite status or more.
        It is not like I am predicting the future, besides, just because you have a thesaurus does not make your argument any better. GGG is not done. He has a win against Canelo(not even mexicans think Canelo won) now, if GGG wins clearly against Canelo, his elite status will be even stronger, since Canelo is elite.

Comment

an elite is notch above world, who can beat all but other elite.

world class means you can contend, from failed contenders at the fringe to fulfilled ones with the titles at the top, who are often elites themselves.

no theyw ere more than elite, those were victories over HoF/ATG.

again thats a notch above elite. Thats the next tier. Lennox and tyson were ATG/HOF
          It is all subjective. My definition of elite is straight out of the dictionary - is a select part of a group that is superior to the rest in terms of ability or qualities. There is nothing higher than elite.

I agree World Class includes elites. But not all World Class fighters are elite.

On top of that because you beat a ATG/HOF that doesn't mean you were fighting them when they were at an elite level.
          Last edited by Diego Rodriguez; 06-22-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

i cant see it because I am not prepared to call wins over non events. Fiction isnt my thing.
            No one is asking you to do that. Not sure why you are caught up on that.

You need two individuals (or teams) to play each other to form an opinion on who you think is better. I do not.

Comment

The fact that you can say that when you know Sergio reigned longer than GGG with better wins says it all about your bias.
              Maybe you didn't understand. I did not say prime Sergio. I said the Martinez that faced Cotto. That was not a prime Martinez.

I would have loved to see a fight between prime Martinez vs. Golovkin. It would have been nice had they met by no later than 2012.

I also said the old Cotto that faced Canelo IMO wouldn't have stood much of a chance against Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hewito View Post
                It is not like I am predicting the future, besides, just because you have a thesaurus
                i had an alsatian, other than that, no relevance.

does not make your argument any better. GGG is not done. He has a win against Canelo(not even mexicans think Canelo won) now, if GGG wins clearly against Canelo, his elite status will be even stronger, since Canelo is elite.
                yeh i didnt say anything different, other than the flipside of the coin that if he loses, his elite status is dealt a blow.

Comment

Maybe you didn't understand. I did not say prime Sergio. I said the Martinez that faced Cotto. That was not a prime Martinez. .
                  sure, he had just recovered from surgery, and at 37 was unlikely to become prime again. GGG might well beat him.But multiweight champion Cotto was surely seen as much tougher prospect than IBO titlist GGG, so he wasnt ducking GGG.

Comment

No one is asking you to do that. Not sure why you are caught up on that.

You need two individuals (or teams) to play each other to form an opinion on who you think is better. I do not.
                    you were, you said GGG had those fantasy fights easy. u are being a wierd fcuk with this post.

Comment

It is all subjective. My definition of elite is straight out of the dictionary - is a select part of a group that is superior to the rest in terms of ability or qualities. There is nothing higher than elite.

I agree World Class includes elites. But not all World Class fighters are elite.

On top of that because you beat a ATG/HOF that doesn't mean you were fighting them when they were at an elite level.
                      this is fine

Comment

Working...
                      X