Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people trying to make Joshua some mega star before he earns it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    resume has nothing to do with star power. you love floyd so you should know that. floyd didn't have his first unification until he was 36 so if its so normal why didnt floyd do it until then???
    Ohhhhh you went there.

Comment

C- troll thread or wtf are you even talking about?

90,000 people went to see that Klitschko fight ffs. He's a mega star now. He can still become a mega world star still. And who's he supposed to beat? There's just Wilder out there now. I don't really even see Parker as legit as Wilder & I don't think he'll be THAT competitive with Joshua.

And mfers are ALWAYS making people stars before they prove what they can do fully in the ring. SRL was a star before he proved himself. Tyson was a star before he proved himself. ODLH was a star before he proved himself. Canelo was a star before he proved himself. I think Manny & Floyd are the only two who had to prove themselves BEFORE they became stars (& that might just be a lil guy bias thing idk). Guys who got big, but never mega star more often than not reached a solid level of popularity BEFORE they proved how good they were. That sh^t is standard. Fame comes before proof of talent in boxing so often I'd say its the exception to the rule when it doesn't for these potential mega star guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        You're mistaken, people want Joshua-Wilder. But at the same time they don't expect Joshua to take less than he's worth to overpay Wilder.
        You mean like the way he overpaid Martin and Parker?

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          You mean like the way he overpaid Martin and Parker?
          No. The way he paid those and people will expect Joshua to take it. He's asking for much more though. See that's the problem. Joshua is already overpaying fighters but greedy Wilder is wanting way more.

Comment

Larry hitting that sauce again .

which is why i always need a drink before going on his threads .

That being said what does a long resume have to do with star power ? He will have had 2 unification matches and have 3 belts in 21 fights .

Comment

I'm the last thing from a AJ fan.

When you can fill out 30k seat stadiums fighting against security guard

When you hit a 10 million viewer average during a fight

When you can sell 2 million PPV's domestic against an old legend and another 800K ppvs against a security guard named Carlos Takam.

That makes you pretty damn popular. IDK about 'mega' star I'm assuming you mean global, but its like who cares. The guy's doing numbers whether the average joe in the USA know him or not.

Comment

When Wilder is ready and wants to cash out or he wants to prove he's the best, he'll come to the table with a sensible split request. Until then he can keep fight bums for 1 or 2 mil while Joshua makes 15+.
                Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 03-07-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X