No announcement yet.

The Official: "SOG" Ward vs "King" Kovalev II Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I just watched the fight. The 1st body punch that hurt kov and slowed him down was on the belt line which is legal. Prior to the stoppage, kov was hurt by clean head shots. Now in the corner, when kov bent over, some of those shots were clearly low.

Kov was looking to quit imo but the stoppage felt a little early to me. As fans we deserved to see kov on his back Or face down ass up. Weeks should've allowed kov to keep going. A champion of his caliber deserves every chance to win so Ward could've got a clear ko win.
    I agree 100%.

Ward got robbed worst then Kov because Ward was about to end this fight free of any doubt or controversy.

Now the naysayers still have some ammo unfortunately.

The reality though is that Kov was done. Stumbling all over the ring, holding was his only recourse left. If he gets hit with another straight right its lights out.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
      I agree 100%.

Ward got robbed worst then Kov because Ward was about to end this fight free of any doubt or controversy.

The reality though is that Kov was done. Stumbling all over the ring, holding was his only recourse left. If he gets hit with another straight right its lights out.

True. Kovalev was saved from an embarrassing knockout which is what I wanted to see. That's why Kovalev wanted to quit and I wish Weeks didn't stop the fight when he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sup View Post
        Hate and race clouds your mind, seek help.
        Did you ever once say that to Sterling?

Comment

• I have never seen so much concern for the positioning and welfare of a man's nutsack before.

Comment

• If the fight took place in another country would those punches be low or not?Thats the real question.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
              I agree 100%.

The reality is Kovalev wasn't defending himself and needed to be saved. Him the instance where Ward paused and Weeks gestured to continue when Kovalev was complaining I think when he saw him again in corner he just figured like the rest of us Kovalev had had enough.

Kovalev's body language as he slumped was 'I quit' Weeks saw it, I saw it, we all saw it !

Comment

• Originally posted by ippo View Post
                If the fight took place in another country would those punches be low or not?Thats the real question.
                Those punches were NOT clear, obvious low blows by any means in ANY country. Look at the Golota punches, those were obviously low. Look at Zab Judah's punch on Mayweather. Right in the nuts.

You know where the nuts in the cup are, right? Between the legs. Not immediately below the belt line where the gifs show Ward punching. Nope, a man's nuts are down there between the legs.

Any good judge is going to look for the obvious low blow. Not something that might sorta kinda be low, maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
                  Kovalev should have been lucky that Weeks didn't give him a count in that sequence in the 8th round because Ward could have continued the body barrage until Kov went to the mat. In that video there was a point where Kov hit Ward's belt line and it did nothing.
                  A count is better than a wave off.

The fight should have been allowed to go on, and looking winded is different from looking defeated, Kovalev had a very good chance to weather the storm in the round and keep winning rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                    Stfu dude. I like and have liked plenty of black boxers. My favorite boxer of all time is black. Your agenda is so idiotic. And also, I'm sure you meant "who would've known..." right? Imbecile.
                    x2.

Floyd and Sweet Pea are two of my favorite fighters of all time.

Comment

Working...
                    X