Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Wilder target Fury for the "LINEAL" title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Wilder target Fury for the "LINEAL" title?

Fight would sell and make lots of money and he would get a shot at the Lineal title

Late next year maybe. Fury still needs a few fights to get back to form. Just typing that made me pity Fury. Dude comes off his biggest win and pisses it all away for a couple years

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Late next year maybe. Fury still needs a few fights to get back to form. Just typing that made me pity Fury. Dude comes off his biggest win and pisses it all away for a couple years
      Yea success effects different people in different ways

Comment

Taking Fury's 0 and HW lineage would strip A.J of any credibility as THE HW champion, IF Tyson Fury manages to get a credible win against a contender in the top 10 ( like Like Chudd said ) ; apart from that there is little significance in victory over the Human-blob that we currently seen romancing and kissing a unknown old cruiserweight.

The problem is why would Frank Warren and Fury take that risk? I mean Klitschko came straight back from a LOSS to Fury so I assume Tyson never been beaten with the lineage should have more sense of entitlement ; that could affect the value of beating Tyson without a credible win on his return, haters are going to claim he was never at 100 percent.

Comment

He should absolutely take the lineal title. Then AJ will never be considered a true heavyweight champion in the history books given he will likely never fight wilder for it. Better than Fury being beaten by someone like Tarver or a Charles Martin type fighter and offering AJ another simple path to a title he doesn't deserve.

Comment

wilder will stiverne the clown.

Comment

I'm not sure if Fury still counts as the lineal champ, but regardless I think that this is a good option for Wilder to make money and also raise his profile. It'd be a tough fight though if Fury turns up in shape, but if he doesn't turn up in shape then beating him won't be impressive. There's a lot of factors to balance to determine whether the fight's worth making at this juncture. A lot hinges on how Fury deals with Pianeta in his next fight. It wouldn't surprise me if Wilder was there for that fight.

Comment

How many times must I say this?

Fury will never fight Wilder before Joshua. Wilder brings nothing to the table and the risk to the Joshua payday is too big for Fury. Fury will earn upwards of $20 million for Joshua. What does he earn with Wilder? $5million max and that is twice Wilder's biggest payday.

Also, a Fury vs Wilder fight only makes money in the UK. Is Wilder willing to travel?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  Taking Fury's 0 and HW lineage would strip A.J of any credibility as THE HW champion,
                  Because that would suddenly mean A.J didn't win all those fights in the past right? You guys are delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyman View Post
                    How many times must I say this?

Fury will never fight Wilder before Joshua. Wilder brings nothing to the table and the risk to the Joshua payday is too big for Fury. Fury will earn upwards of $20 million for Joshua. What does he earn with Wilder? $5million max and that is twice Wilder's biggest payday.

Also, a Fury vs Wilder fight only makes money in the UK. Is Wilder willing to travel?
                    Beat me to it. What he said.

Plus, the money for this fight is in the UK and Fury will argue he's generating it so he'd want a big share, probably bigger than Wilder would be happy with.

Comment

Working...
                    X