Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev: Can't Think I'll KO Gvozdyk Due To Amateur TKO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beterbiev: Can't Think I'll KO Gvozdyk Due To Amateur TKO

LAS VEGAS Artur Beterbiev doesn't consider his stoppage of Oleksandr Gvozdyk in the amateurs a psychological advantage entering their light heavyweight title unification fight. The Russian knockout artist stopped Gvozdyk in the second round of a 2009 amateur match in Istanbul, Turkey. Beterbiev views that triumph as ancient history, however, and realizes that he'll encounter a much more formidable fighter when they square off for two 175-pound championships October 18 in Philadelphia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Really excited for this one. Can't wait. War Gvozdyk.

Comment

These two seem really respectful going into this, top level unification , no fake drama. This is what boxing should be all about

Comment

This is beterbievs chance to gain some major ground. Unification and if he can go 15 wins with 15 ko s....

This is his big chance. If he goes life and death with this guy, even if he wins, it won't be the same.

Call me captain obvious, but yeah, this is his big chance.

Comment

This is going to be a great fight i cant wait.

Comment

It’s Beterbiev Time
            All hail to the king

Comment

Originally posted by etech1 View Post
              This is beterbievs chance to gain some major ground. Unification and if he can go 15 wins with 15 ko s....

This is his big chance. If he goes life and death with this guy, even if he wins, it won't be the same.

Going life and death would be great seeing as Gvozdyk is a tremendous fighter and the favorite. Going to war with him would not just be good for the division but for his career especially with eyes being at 175 right now due to Canelo. Sure, we arent gettjng a canelo fight with either of these men but if people can call for the winner of this fight to fight the winner of Canelo/Kovalev, it’s great publicity. If Kovalev wins it becomes a HUGE makeable fight and the division suddenly gets more attention. Timing wise, with Kov and Canelo not fighting for another two months, they could rematch as they wait for the results if its a big fight and leverage their way into that or the winner go straight to Bivol.

This is a super important fight for the division and it being close wouldnt make it a bad thing so long as it’s good, which we all expect it will be.

So hyped for this one. Big fan of both I cant pick. It’s a toss up

Comment

Originally posted by tophat1 View Post
                These two seem really respectful going into this, top level unification , no fake drama. This is what boxing should be all about
                And what boxing would be like if loud mouthed Americans weren't involved.

I don't know why they bother, they all say the same things and it never pans out. Just say nothing we already know what you're going to say; "he can't deal with my power", "I'm gonna knock his head off" blah, blah, bodybag, blah.

Comment

Originally posted by Angeljuice View Post

And what boxing would be like if loud mouthed Americans weren't involved.

I don't know why they bother, they all say the same things and it never pans out. Just say nothing we already know what you're going to say; "he can't deal with my power", "I'm gonna knock his head off" blah, blah, bodybag, blah.

America runs this sport. Don't ever forget it.

That's why these two are getting good money to fight in an American city on American tv.

Comment

Originally posted by etech1 View Post

I don’t think that’s fair. We should expect a life and death fight. Gvozdyk is favored and he too hits hard. Gvozdyk also has the edge in pro resume. I do expect a war.

Comment

Working...
                    X