44.83%
    DRAW
    10.34%
    Frazier POINTS
    13.79%
    Frazier KO
    20.69%

Vicious battle while it lasts.

These two guys would force each other to work hard the entire fight. I tend to favor a Marciano late KO here at around the 12th round, give or take 2. Marciano put together a much better two fisted assault than Frazier did with relentless hooks to the body and head but that was mostly against way taller guys. Marciano's style is applicable to both tall and same height.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
      Vicious battle while it lasts.

These two guys would force each other to work hard the entire fight. I tend to favor a Marciano late KO here at around the 12th round, give or take 2. Marciano put together a much better two fisted assault than Frazier did with relentless hooks to the body and head but that was mostly against way taller guys. Marciano's style is applicable to both tall and same height.
      I could see it playing out like that...
      But bonavena and the first foreman whooping make me wonder if he could get him early...

I don't think Frazier has the power to drop Marciano the way others did.

Which makes me wonder...
      Moore vs Frazier....

Comment

Originally posted by Geralt69 View Post
        I could see it playing out like that...
        But bonavena and the first foreman whooping make me wonder if he could get him early...

I don't think Frazier has the power to drop Marciano the way others did.

Which makes me wonder...
        Moore vs Frazier....
        Frazier was on the greener side against Bonavena who had pretty much nothing except power and toughness. Bad match up but Frazier showed heart in getting back up to win the fight. He showed his dominance over Bonavena in the rematch so I think that's a better gauge. What I take away from the first fight is that Frazier could have been put down against the right puncher.

Foreman started pretty fast and threw a high amount of punches which is pretty much why his stamina was never any good after the first few rounds. Marciano had the punch and hard work rate but not the stylistic advantages of Foreman to do Frazier in early.

I want to dispel the myth that Frazier was chinny and that any big puncher could put him down. Frazier showed toughness in a lot of hard fought fights. It was really only Foreman that had his number and Foreman is a monstrous puncher in his own right. The right combination of skill set and raw power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
          Frazier was on the greener side against Bonavena who had pretty much nothing except power and toughness. Bad match up but Frazier showed heart in getting back up to win the fight. He showed his dominance over Bonavena in the rematch so I think that's a better gauge. What I take away from the first fight is that Frazier could have been put down against the right puncher.

Foreman started pretty fast and threw a high amount of punches which is pretty much why his stamina was never any good after the first few rounds. Marciano had the punch and hard work rate but not the stylistic advantages of Foreman to do Frazier in early.

I want to dispel the myth that Frazier was chinny and that any big puncher could put him down. Frazier showed toughness in a lot of hard fought fights. It was really only Foreman that had his number and Foreman is a monstrous puncher in his own right. The right combination of skill set and raw power.
          Y'all know damn well all y'all believe fazier would win damn you don't have to lie all the time

Comment

I do think Frazier was 'chinny' - at least chinny enough not to stand up to Marciano's right hand. Marciano in four (KO). - Great fight while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dempsey-Louis View Post
              I do think Frazier was 'chinny' - at least chinny enough not to stand up to Marciano's right hand. Marciano in four (KO). - Great fight while it lasts.
              Hahahahaha so saf

Comment

Frazier chinny is a joke! Foreman battered him but Frazier kept getting up!Joe was as game as they come.

This is an old fantasy match up and I think Marcioano beats Frazier over 15! However in a 10 round bout I think Joe would have a better shot.
                Marciano can cut and Frazier can puff up a lot so tko can be
                involved as opposed to KO! Both had solid chins and their willingness was never in question.

Ray

Comment

Lol

there was just not long ago a thread on this. Ray, as usual makes a lot of sense imo. The thing is both guys fight a full round and in my opinion, Rocky was just a little more relentless than Joe, hence the 15 round prognostication makes sense, but...Joe was polished a bit more on a technical level, so could pull it out in less rounds.

With that said Marciano was gifted technically, its just he did things his way, like Armstrong, and Joe, was a gifted boxer puncher, able to set up his hook...its just that he had such good punching and was the slugger when fighting Ali.

Comment

I failed to mention that Rocky had a better "two handed" attack and I think that plays into this fight. Joe had a very good jab but was looking for the counter move to throw a counter hook once he got his distance. He often neglected his jab off his counter move.

This match up would be a world wide ppv in the current
                    times.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                    X